The like and get likes thread

10 Likes

Pandora Bookstore tweeted: People who tell theyā€™ve purchased their book from Amazon,Barnes and Noble are called ā€œOafsā€.

I AM AN OAF, Yā€™ALL! :joy::rofl:

9 Likes

The bookstore blocked everyone who chided it and now has its tweets protected. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good night,lovelies. :heart:

10 Likes

Oh, and that caused some backlash? They had a reason to offend their customers and be swarmed with criticism? Or was just regular silly?

10 Likes

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:/

Chocolate cant be replaced with anything. I hope they will succeed in that endevour to bring cocoa to every climate. Maybe one day I could even plant it in a pot and get high on my own supply. :chocolate_bar:

Quote for today:

CCP should add vuln timers for employee paychecks

You have to go to the bank in the middle of the night 3x over 9 days all on work nights. The pay should be granular as well employees feel a sense of accomplishment when getting their paycheck. Also your gas tank can hold twice as much fuel, but uses twice as much.

Krabicci, Brotherhood of Spacers
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136797589@N04/33457003703/in/photostream/
Such desolate land, so serene. :rocket::artificial_satellite::clinking_glasses:

10 Likes

If thereā€™s more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then somebody will do it that way -Edward A. Murphy Jr, who was born 100 years ago.

Also:

If that guy has any way of making a mistake, he will
If there is a wrong way to do something, then someone will do it
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong

Andā€¦

Murphy was an optimist

10 Likes

It have some value.
I remember this one time in match in GTAO, when someone wrote in a chat ā€œdont shoot at the rocketsā€.

I personally blowed myself up shooting at them just to see what will happen.

Dont press the red button
Dont shoot at the rockets

Rules :disappointed:

9 Likes

Like I would see people leaving work here. :+1:

11 Likes

Itā€™s the old shopkeeper mentality. But it is not that actually. Pandora is notorious for charging its customers 5 times the base price. They buy a book for 1 dollar and sell for 5.

9 Likes

http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/the-british-and-germans-built-these-deadly-hollowed-out-trees-in-wwi
Dead tree was a deadly tree. :open_mouth:

9 Likes

I donā€™t know with which weapons WW III will be fought but WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

9 Likes

Flight Through the Orion Nebula in Visible and Infrared Light [Ultra HD]

12 Likes

I hope there are unicorns living there :relaxed::ok_hand:

11 Likes

Florida 20-year-old claims $451 million Mega Millions jackpot
:smiley:

11 Likes

Florida man. Expect some crazy news involving a lot of cash now. :wink:

11 Likes

Good night,lovelies. :heart:

11 Likes

Iā€™m a Floridaman but sadly not that Floridaman. :hushed:

12 Likes

Even with all the warning about the weather gettin bad the roads wer still an unplowed mess for my ride home. Thankfully I grew up in a time with no ABS or Traction Control. Some may see an uncontrolled slide. I see a perfect drift into my parking space at the gas pump.:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Itā€™s past my time, itā€™s post-beddy time! Which is a bit like post-apocalyptic, but sleepier. Nighties lovelies!

Also: a map to other worlds.

Potentially habitable pablets are labeled with their names and marked with a red circle. The ā€œswarmā€ of planets between 18 and 20 RA itā€™s the work of the Kepler telescope.

10 Likes

So, I am upgrading the Linux machines at school, I use one laptop as a tester, since they are all the same model, and with all of my machines, they get the name and mark of Gammaā€¦ which only uses about 300 MB, 15% of 2 GB, while all the others use 500MB to 1 GB. I wish I wrote down how I optimized it :cry:

I also think I left them onā€¦ I hope Ubuntu has an auto sleep function on fresh installsā€¦ otherwise they will be consuming power all day over a 3 day weekend :laughing: Whoops

10 Likes