The like and get likes thread

Cancelled? :joy:

10 Likes

So true!

I just hope it remains in the context of the game. Decline of the game itself tells me it’s gone beyond the game.

Of course, failed side-ventures haven’t helped. I still believe all that DUST and Valkyrie money and development should have been pumped into EVE. We would have that vision, and CCP would be swimming in money and fame.

9 Likes

Tenebrae in mari cereum = The candle in the ocean of darkness.

Is it good enough?

9 Likes

Would be awesome if it were shorter :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

TOP DEFINITION
spaghetti code
In computer programming, code which flagrantly violates the principles of structured, procedural programming. Usually this means using lots of GOTO statements (or their equivalent in whatever language is being used) - hence the term, which suggests the tangled and arbitrary nature of the program flow.

Spaghetti code is almost impossible to debug and maintain, and rarely works well.

Programmers who write spaghetti code usually learned to code in an unstructured language such as BASIC, and never bothered to update their technical knowledge when they progressed to more serious languages.
You want me to debug this freaking spaghetti code? Please tell me you’re kidding.
by Greenie March 24, 2004

spaghetti code
In computer programming, a code that is poorly structured and which makes it hard to update because of multiple undocumented and unexpected links/dependencies. You touch it in one place and you see other things get broken or modified in an unexpected way. Just like sticky spaghetti - you pull one end and you see a number of places start moving.
_This spaghetti code brings 5 different modules in an impact analysis. _
I can either waste a week re-testing all of them or just re-write this piece from scratch in 2 hours.
#programming#bad code#unstructured#tangled#unmaintainable
by madcoder May 19, 2015

10 Likes

“Ponies of doom” maybe? :sunglasses:

9 Likes

9 Likes

“Name one thing that would have been the largest improvement to DUST 514 in your opinion.” :thinking:

9 Likes

:drooling_face:

9 Likes

Really? They ask about the greatest thing just now? After all those years of development? They really start everything again from scratch or something? Like I would read about WoD development again. :confused:

10 Likes

New names:

• Bregan D’aerthe
  • Tarterus
  • Uln’hyrr
  • Khazid’hea
9 Likes

What happened to the Stellaris-like game you used to play? Did you win it?

10 Likes

Starborne? Alpha 7 ended January 10th and my alliance, Singularity, placed first.

9 Likes

I should definitely make my own though, since that’s the case.

Also, how can we set a poll on this forum, so that people can also offer suggestions as a choice of the poll list of options for names, or rather, corp ID #.

9 Likes

Congrats on the win! You were very enthusiastic about the game. I’m happy your alliance won. :slight_smile:

Do you plan on continuing once it is released?

8 Likes

Probably. Alpha 8 is next (pre-alpha starts maybe in 2 weeks) and it’s supposed to be way less time consuming than last alpha was (I was totally burned out 3 weeks before the end).

All 20 members of Singularity got this avatar as first place prize. Never obtainable again.

10 Likes

I’m sticking with Menzoberranyr after all. Totally forgot that I registered menzoberranyr.org/ some years back.

10 Likes

Every day, tons of new bad press about Facebook. I’m loving every second of it.

https://exponents.co/facebooks-built-a-totalitarianism-toolbox/

11 Likes

Spectre Fleet channel can get upwards of 1000 people in it. Ofc there’s gonna be loud spammy weirdos. Same on comms. But the fleets are always fun. You’re not joining a corp or alliance, you’re going on an NPSI roam when you feel like it, on your own terms, at a price level of ship/fittings you feel comfortable spending.

11 Likes

Duuude, 69 messages while I was away? What a party and nobody invited me!

11 Likes