The like and get likes thread

They use a C2, not a C5. And I’m one of the original Bombers Bar FCs.
BB died before and it’s going to die again. One could say the current BB is just a undead husk compared to what it was in its glory days. The same as EVE, tbh.

9 Likes

That’s prettty much what I saw when I was 2 years old.
I’m not sure which of the 2 or so channels it was on that I was watching.

I don’t remember the animation though.
That would mean that it was likely another channel.

9 Likes

I didn’t know that BB ended operating.

9 Likes

Winter 2013, after a crapload of the usual Tempelman drama and Jayne Fillon trying a hostile takeover that failed. He ran off with Spectre Fleet instead, where most of us moved at the time since Tempelman decided to close BB down. I left Spectre 2 months later, being too fed up with Jayne and how Spectre was run.

10 Likes

ok, well, we’d have to restart it or make a new covert one.

9 Likes

Could be that the format is so good that the leadership is not really so important? :thinking:

10 Likes

I do have another covert NPSI channel. Menzoberranyr dates back to 2013, just never was really into the public fleets stuff. We almost exclusively went combat blopsing with a very tight-knit community.

10 Likes

Nah, they’re just riding the wave. Olmeca is pretty much the sole person responsible for BB not being dead right now. He did a lot of advertising, theory crafting and great FCing. All the others were just riding along on the wave he made. To thank him for it, they forcefully kicked him out when he no longer had the time for it.

10 Likes

Doing him a favor. :wink:

9 Likes

Not really. He evicted them with the Russians after he had time again. But he’s also been hanging out with the Russians ever since, so perhaps it did work out the better for him. Big paycheck, Russian friends… He’s the one killing billions of Goon excavators each day, btw.

9 Likes

Ah the drama of wormholes and leadership in EVE, I dont remember anything like such in the games I played earlier. :joy:

9 Likes

Bombers Bar is the biggest drama magnet I’ve ever seen… That’s in no small part to Tempelman being such a drama queen :wink:

10 Likes

Ah, I didn’t even stop to notice. Well on the flipside you can’t really make money from a C2 so I doubt there’s much to lose in the hole itself beyond structures. It’s just great for dropping on null.

And I’m one of the original Bombers Bar FCs.

Sweet. Well I’m sorry that things went south, though again on the flipside it’s usually stuff like that which creates content down the line. I honestly do wish you luck in your mission, just hopefully they don’t die in the next few weeks so I can keep practising before joining a real corp.

One could say the current BB is just a undead husk compared to what it was in its glory days. The same as EVE, tbh.

Like I say, I can only speak of my small experience with BB thus far, and it’s been good. I rate it for new pilots and soloist to get a taste of bigger fleet fun, or for older pilots like me who’re just rusty and want some practice and killboard padding. EVE though, I totally agree. It’s dramatically worse off than it was 2 years ago.

10 Likes

Yeah, dropping in null is where they make their money. Armada fleets are a ISK printing machine and only a fraction of that ISK ends up in the “oh-so-generous newbro SRP wallet”.

Compared to 2012-2013, it was in a pathetic state 2 years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I have to go to sleep for night shift, I was sleeping on the job last night due to exhaustion and lack of sleep / rest.

9 Likes

Ah, goonz. They deserve it for making Delve asteroids shiver from fear when goonz undock rorqual fleets.

9 Likes

True also, but in 2012 it was also worse off than 2009, when I first tried it.

But most of the initial decline was social, I think. I began in FW and in 2010 you could x up for public FW fleets 24/7, for instance. But merely a year later it was dead. Too much spy paranoia and distrust, everything went into corps or covert communities. FW lost it’s appeal for me (and some others) around this time. I mention this because I think it’s symbolic of what began occurring across the wider game - people began to ‘turtle up’ hard after years of debauchery and spies etc finally began to take a social toll on the game. It continues to do so, while simultaniously providing much of it’s excitement. Double edged sword, I guess?

But otherwise things were still going strong and there was still the vision™. Things were looking good. But … then development began to shift from this vision, devs began capitulating to two groups - carebear types who wanted safe spaces (great example; watchlists), and the space purists who couldn’t stand a single development staffer working on anything but spaceships.

And things began to decline rather rapidly from therein. :disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes

I need a name.
Something short, catchy, fear-instilling, dark. Preferably pronounceable :stuck_out_tongue:

So far we have

• Materia negra - Dark matter
  • Excudent - Dark
  • Tenebris Unum - Dark Soul
  • Egoz

• Tenebrae in mari cereum - The candle in the ocean of darkness. (LordOdysseus)
  • Ultima ratio regum - The last resort of kings
9 Likes

Social and cultural decline is what EVE is about after all. Corrupt Concord, corp thefts, spies etc. :wink:

9 Likes

:open_mouth:

I just got a mail from CCP Research about PROJECT NOVA

8 Likes