The like and get likes thread

Good morning LAGLers! How about some traditional music by courtesy of Ishtanchuk?

(the map on the video is flipped left to right, placing the East on the left. The original is the Catalan atlas of 1375, which already followed the convention to place the North on top so when looking North with the map in your hands, the West was to your left side and the East to the right side. Another useful convention in this early map was that bearing lines were relative to the north, so if the map means that North should be 40Āŗ to your right, keeping that bearing would take your ship to the desired placeā€¦ or close enough, all other factors considered)

10 Likes

He was an EVE player? Looks like screens behind him are with EVE.

I think the best commentary on this is:

11 Likes

:yum:

10 Likes

This just shows how some people will use ANY means to control what other people do or think. ā€œSo you made a joke for 7 people anda fter a series of events beyond your control, 3 millon people saw it, then some got offended, and now they want to jail youā€ makes no bloody sense.

I love John Cleeseā€™s quote from Skyner: ā€œIf people canā€™t control their own emotions, then they have to start trying to control other peopleā€™s behaviorā€.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s wrong to try and judge peopleā€™s behavior based on someoneā€™s emotions. Emotions are the responsablity of the person having them. Keeping them healthy and controlled is that personā€™s duty, not the duty of the whole universe or the people around them.

10 Likes

back to the future with you!

unreal

9 Likes

Time travel is real!

9 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

Summit1g is currently playing PUBG with Carl from The Walking Dead. How exciting! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Good night,lovelies. :heart:

10 Likes

Beddy time for me. Nighties lovelies!

Also: old handheld videogames emulated at the internet Archive!

https://archive.org/details/handheldhistory

10 Likes

http://ideas.4brad.com/it-certainly-looks-bad-uber

That accident was entirely Uberā€™s fault. Really not surprising.

9 Likes

#DeleteFacebook articles all over the news :smiley:

Iā€™m god damn loving it. Next up, #DeleteGoogle and #DeleteAmazon, please!

10 Likes

What about the different services google operates too, with one password i can use google drive, you tube, e mail, a lot of stuff. Its very convenient. :ok_hand:

11 Likes

And you pay for it with your data thatā€™s at the very least used for targeted advertising, to manipulate you and sold to governments and corporations. Who knows what else itā€™s being used for.

10 Likes

Well, I dont really buy into all the advertisements and I block them and delete all spam anyway, so its like they can try indefinitely. I suppose that is en masse thing these marketing campaigns, some people are more susceptible, so they are the first to buy something advertised. I dont have facebook and twitter tho, and google services I use because they are convenient.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s not really how advertising influences youā€¦

https://www.positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/2018/03/02/why-advertising-always-works-using-science-not-ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– /

9 Likes

If you recognize a logo, even subconsciously, then BAM!

I buy because something is cheap, logos doesnt have much meaning for me. My boots have no logo, my clothes are not branded, my food is cheap and I dont buy into better quality with some eco potatoes. Its like with AMD processor I bought. It was cheaper than Intel and gave the same results, or even better with usable programs for me, so I bought it. :woman_shrugging:

I actually seek satisfaction from buying something very cheap and what is extraordinarily good.

10 Likes

Looks like a perfect sh*t storm. LIDAR turned off, a bored backup driver, dubious night performing cameras, uncertain radar performanceā€¦ and a pedestrian who just walked into the road at a ilegal corssing in the dark without bothering to check for traffic.

I really canā€™t fault the backup driver. If thereā€™s something even more boring than driving around, itā€™s being driven around by a self-driving car. It is a lot of wishful thinking to believe that backup drivers will be 100% attentive 100% of the time as they watch paint dry. Yeah, thatā€™s what theyā€™re supposed to do, but human brain doesnā€™t works this way.

10 Likes

Also, good morning LAGLers!

10 Likes