The market is not under player control

I think your just expressing half a thought there, keep working on it.

I was able to grab an old financial statement for CCP. Section 3.15 outlines the economics related in intangible assets and there is some language to the effect that in game assets have value. I think plex to isk conversion directly outlines in your example just completely ignores the value of personal time of a player. There is time granted by speeding up the expenditure of time through subscription but then there is the personal value of a persons time. Good Will is also ignored, another intangible. Good will is also directly addressed in CCP’s financial reports.

We have had enough troll posts here in the last couple of days. Time for you to go back under that bridge of yours.

2 Likes

A toll is as a troll does.

1 Like

CCP can attribute value to in-game assets (for example, in order to describe the scope of a major null-sec fleet battle), but they can’t capitalize on it. It’s not book value. Kind of like if Google were to say that YouTube has the value of X amount of dollars by multiplying the amount of hours of videos watched by an average salary figure.

You are wasting your time with him , he’ll continue to deny anything that’s logical…

1 Like

I am controlling the market!

What is this thread about?
Also have a nice Sunday Capsuleers!

1 Like

TTT is the best place to trade PLEX and expensive stuff.

I recommend the Tranquility Trading Tower to every business oriented Capsuleer who seeks profit and low taxes!

It’s where I have my buy orders, otherwise Jita would butcher my profits with more taxes…

You are fixated on the logic that there needs to be a direct transfer of funds. Your ignoring the value concept. Do you think that there is direct capitalization of advertising? The concept of money converting from the advertiser to a television ad to good will among customers, who might buy a product at a later time? Or do you think the advertiser is just wasting money?

It’s the same thing, an intangible conversion of value to more value later.

If it makes it easier for you to conceptualize, think of destruction as an advertisement to buy a new ship, or build or whatever value conversion you feel suits your need.

The ‘player control’ of the market was a myth and a lie from start.

CCP can spawn EVERY market object at ANY time into it,for zero if needed and for an infinitive amount.

How is this ‘player control’?

The fact that they didn’t do it was only because they never saw the need to do it.

Instead they kept the myth of some kind of ‘player controlled market’ which was good for mmog market reasons but still a lie.

Everybody knew this.everbody accepted it,why is this lie astounishing these days?

What an insightful and wise oneliner.
It convinces me that the OP really knows what he’s talking about.

Poe’s Law.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting