The Marshal... lol

So before anyone reads anything, I know dual tank is generally inadvisable. Yet I ■■■■■■■ love it with this fit largely due to the mass of slots available and the omni-resist profile. Next, yes, it needs abyssal mods to fit everything (so YMMV depending on what abyssal stats you give it), and it’s tight even then (gotta get GOOD ones). And YES, this is spendy as ■■■■.

To all of the above: It’s a Marshal. It’s supposed to be meme-worthy.

Idea would be to use a minimum of 5 to drop on a cruiser, 10 to drop on a battleship, 15 on a ratting carrier. Basically mist them before anyone can scramble to help. Meant to be dropped with lokis to provide bursts and additional reps because otherwise you’re looking at a 15-20b lossmail. Other covops recons and bombers as desired.

Some basic stats (with shield and armor links, omni-damage profile):

• local active shield tank of 5450 EHP (~10.5k heated). No drugs.
  • 49k shield buffer (75k heated, which you should probably heat as soon as they start shooting at you), 103k passive armor buffer
  • Assuming you get good application (bridge some recons), fury gives you 900 dps
  • Without the neut running, 96.7% cap stable (ie jump cap is easy to maintain)
  • Lots of range means you literally just align to your safe (with your mach-like warp bonuses) and /lol while you pound their asshole with fury
  • Burst jammer and neut to help with emergency evac

You can tank a super (maybe 2? Their sig is really small, 346). You can tank 2-3 dreads. You can self-tank 20 feroxes with antimatter until you need to reload (at which point you can thank your logistics). While you reload, you’ve got a hell of a buffer (for a blops) to keep you alive. Logi are of course designed to primarily rep shield, but also trickle into your armor as needed to replenish your secondary buffer.

[Marshal, Meme Fleet]

Sentient Damage Control
Centum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
X-Large Abyssal Ancillary Shield Booster
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Large Micro Jump Drive
Sentient Burst Jammer

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Missile
Caldari Navy Cloaking Device
Heavy Abyssal Energy Neutralizer

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Large Trimark Armor Pump II

High-grade Crystal Alpha
High-grade Crystal Beta
High-grade Crystal Gamma
High-grade Crystal Delta
High-grade Crystal Epsilon
High-grade Crystal Omega

I’ve experimented with swapping out the core defense solid for another trimark. More buffer, less active tank, which you’ve got logi around so it’s kind of redundant. But the idea is to be able to top yourself up when logistics can’t keep up. About it’s only real weakness is a ■■■■-tonne of neuts. Or a significant cap drop.

Feel free to mock me. Feel free to say it’s too expensive. I was bored, and I wanted to see if I could dual-tank something. Once I saw I could, I decided to see how far I could somewhat reasonably take it (no officer mods for example).

1 Like

Sorry to ruin your fun but… You’re ruining your DPS and appliction of DPS. This fit is painful. I have a marshal and it’s best with shields for small gang ganks you spoke of. I don’t understand the need for the armor?? If you require logi you’re only bringing one type anyway. Lose the lows and double your dps! If you’re doing in and out style warfare you need max alpha damage to drop the prey then GTFO. What’s the need of the ridiculous tank.

Also if you really want to dual tank something. Look at the meta comet. Hull rigs and armor tank. There you go! XD

The idea was to tank it (dual tank it, as said). Application is given to you by the recons you bring along. The ones which are purpose built for paints and webs and scrams. With faction ammo instead of fury it applies to most cruisers just fine. With recons, even fury will apply perfectly to cruisers. A single one of these with fury will put out 47k damage in less than a minute… it’s enough to kill a cruiser without a single reload. The neut takes care of any active (non-anci) tank, and the recons end up bringing some dps with them too.

The extra ballistics control would absolutely give it more dps. But the goal was tanky, not spanky. Not that 900 dps isn’t spanky.

As for why armor, the raw buffer was higher by putting armor in the lows not being used for damage mods than it was putting something silly like power diagnostics in. Yea PDUs help but only slightly. The lack of shield extenders means that extender rigs won’t really do much either.

Ultimately, using it in your traditional blops drop, it has more than enough damage and application to do what blops normally do. If you were whale hunting, swap out the RHMLs for torps (might need to take the tweak the fit to make it fit) and you’ll do more than enough sustained damage to caps.

Where it starts to get me a little hard is when I think about using it as a long-range hammer. Capitals are fairly slow, even by jump drive, blops are not on account of their fatigay reductions. And then you’ve got caps on-grid that you need to get off-grid again… something blops, especially warp-bonused blops, can do much easier.

In a limited escalation fight, where you’ve got 2 subcap fleets (a friendly one and a less friendly one) engaged with each other, these have some very interesting possibilities. Namely, you can jump a squad of these into an established fight (with a bridge fit sending in the recons) and it doesn’t matter if it’s an armor or a shield fleet; you’ve got both. Your active shield tank means that you’ve got something to tide you over if their logistics are for any reason out of range. Between shield and tank, it has an actual battleship sized buffer, giving friendly logi lots of time to land reps on you even if you aren’t active tanking (which you are).

I’m not saying it’s something you’d ever convince a group to use because it’s at least 20b isk once you account for abyssal mods… but baiting a fight with a subcap fleet and then cynoing 10 of these would be hilarious. Because these can go through wormholes, they can (fairly safely) take region gates, they can jump farther, they can jump faster… ultimately, they can get to places far faster than a cap fleet could.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.