The Minerals I mine are free mentality

I just have to laugh. So, a long time ago you could just tank concord and the gate guns. The highsec guys complained that was unfair somehow, so CCP made Concord omnipotent.

Then players figured out how to delay Concord temporarily. The highsec guys complained, so CCP made delaying Concord a bannable exploit and closed all those loopholes.

Now, gankers cannot tank concord or delay concord, or do anything except get blown up after 13 seconds. So now, the argument has become that it is zero risk. How can there be any more risk than guaranteed destruction at the hands of an all-powerful, all-seeing NPC god of death?

1 Like

Well, given that “suicide gank culture” has been around for ever and yet there are plenty of players (AKA targets) still around, it seems one of your premises must be faulty maybe?

Is it possible that suicide ganking isn’t as risk free or full of reward as you think? Or maybe it’s just that the rewards the targets make are more than enough to keep them around even with a small risk of suicide ganking?

It does? It’s seems to me you have just dragged this thread off topic because of some unhealthy fixation on suicide ganking of yours. It’s just one game mechanic of many, no more “toxic” than most of the other conflict that goes on in this PvP game.

To help out the OP, I will not return to the topic at hand. Please, start some thread of your own if you feel the need to discuss something about suicide ganking that hasn’t been discused a hundred times before instead of shitting up all these other threads.

Indeed, it seems these soloist are coming out of the wood work in response to the latest devblog.

I don’t think it is anything more than simple greed combined with a completionist mentality. People do need to set their own goals in Eve, and when you are starting out, mining everything you need to build you next ship is a logical and obvious one. I think that is fine and healthy, but the problem only arises when someone becomes fixated on their wallet balance, and either cannot bring themselves to give up ISK to buy materials (“that’s too much! I can just go gather/mine that myself!”) or they resent sharing any of their “hard work” with anyone else.

Ultimately, they don’t value their time properly as everyone has noted. Or at least differently in that the fun/hour is the primary metric. They pay their sub so they can solve this industry puzzle with just enough grind to trick their brain into feeling a sense of accomplishment. That is worth a few bucks, and something just buying the ISK won’t accomplish.

And the more suicide gank culture expands the lower the total human population of the game gets, weird eh?

1 Like

wow

1 Like

I see no evidence of that. Suicide ganking was decreasing the last few years as the population was decreasing…

I was going to dig up statistics but there is a) no point as your mind is made up, and b) this is off-topic. Instead, I think I will just flag your post as such and stop responding.

I’d bother doing an analysis of zkill data but total numbers do not reflect percentages, a higher number of suicide ganks per capita related directly to the decrease in total population. Sorry if you can’t comprehend that, limited thinking and all.

1 Like

There could be more risk for gankers (and also for victims) if Concord showed up at a randomised time instead of a set time.

Instead of a 13 second timer for a system of certain security, what if Concord shows up after somewhere between 8-18 seconds with 50% probability, or between 5 and 21 seconds with 100% probability?

There would be a lot more risk for the victims, but also for the gankers, as no gank is 100% sure to succeed, unless the gankers go for overkill and bring ships expecting a 5 second Concord timer, severely cutting their profits.

1 Like

Come now. You are wrecking all these threads just because you lost a Procurer?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87416034/

That isn’t very kind. The topic of this thread is not about how to keep your Procurer safe in highsec, or how the mean suicide gankers made you feel so sad you went sperging all over the forums about how they are killing Eve like it was 2012 again. This thread is about “The Minerals I mine are free” mentality.

Yawn, so, again, a suicide gank supporter takes it outside of ingame resources and acts like a stalker. Pathetic at best, dangerous and socopathic at worst, screenshotted for legal purposes in case you go psycho.

Oh, I thought he was Noori Naarian.

No, just a butthurt highsec miner who lost a ship to some Provi suicide gankers.

We used to get these all the time, but now it seems more common that the Triglavians are source of such butthurt threads like this one. Like this one:

Times, they are a changin’ I guess.

I genuinely pity you, and the lonely game you want to create.

1 Like

Yeah, the Triglavians got their 3³ systems, so it might again be up to the gankers to keep the highsec force balanced.

1 Like

dat fit :scream:

On topic, the “minerals I mine are free” mentality is circumstantial, if I was running my old multibox setup when I was plexing each account then the minerals I mine would definitely not be free. i now run 1 account and merely dabble for fun not isk, so yeah they’re free.

That’s probably not too far from the truth.

A thousand years ago, I would’ve been a pretty-boy viking ramming my longboat into the shore-side hovels of the civilized gentry, killin’ all their women, stealin’ all their men, and rapin’ all their livestock. At least I think got that order right…

Anyways, in today’s world, my glistening pecs, golden, flowing hair, and chiseled buttocks are used for nothing but loading paper into the multi-function copier to print out my TPS reports for the day, then taking the bus home to my closet-sized studio apartment, where I eat barely-thawed hot-dogs over the kitchen sink in the darkness, before crying myself to sleep after downing enough cheap liquor to try to make the pain go away.

What else is there to do, really? I can’t even try to rob a bank, because the local cops have better gear than the army does.

Being a pirate in EVE is all I got left.

3 Likes

Yeah, “eventually”.

Except people have been telling this for 17 years now, and that’s only including EvE.

In fact people have been pretending that since the very first ganking happened in a video game, several decades ago.

Guess what?

The “eventually” never came and will never come. Games died, for sure, but I’ll die of old age before any game in the world actually ever die just because there is ganking in it.

omg this is the saddest most delusional thing i’ve ever heard, you wish your ancestors were the vikings, likely they were the victims / random nobodies victimized by other rich / militant factions. I pity you XD

1 Like

… Wah…

So… For real…

You didn’t understand that it was humor?

God damn it. Seriously bro. You can’t be that stupid. You are trolling. Please tell me you are.

Except oh look, the population of humans is steadily declining while the number of active accounts remains static, such an active game right? Not a sad ghost occupied by bots, newbs, and asshats at all!

1 Like