The new forum design

I like the date of post slider at the right but it takes up space that could be used by the posts themselves. One of two ways to remedy this:

1. Move it to a floating div to the right of the main div.
  2. Collapse some but not all of the padding.

My opinion is the sweet spot for the main div where the posts are displayed could be about another 10-20% wider while keeping readability and making more effective use of the space.

2 Likes

Ohhh … I don’t do well with change. And on top if it I greatly dislike twitter, facebook, snapchat, etc. and this wreaks of the new metro pablum.

Ok, I like the instant, live updating of the thread. I’m okay with it now.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with that.

What drives me nuts are the inconsistent “flashy” links & buttons.
Some of the ones that seem to be standard have a css-transition. But links and the buttons pinned at the posts don’t have it.
Compare the change of the hover-animation to the ones at the bottom of the page: smooth as a sip of Quafe!

In case I screwed up that point and you didn’t get what I meant:
https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=FGSCPOY52R1Y

Don’t like it either.
It’s hard to follow, a lot of useless distractions not wide enough.
Maybe kids these days like these modern layouts but i prefer the simple and to the point ones.

Where can you post feedback about recent patches? I dont see a subforum for it.

meh, ugly. I d rather have the old, the really old, eve forums back than this ^^

could we get a sorting system for threads, a simple one that tallies opinions whether something is good or bad, perhaps arrows that point up or down.