The new status of Intaki

18 months since President Aguard was understood to have made this a priority.

Making something an executive priority does not magically insulate it from difficulty or delay.

That is true. As I said, we shall see. And, just to be clear, that means I am waiting to form a view until we know more rather than assuming good or bad faith on the President’s part. I voted for her after all.

1 Like

Well it appears this is all arbitrary now full occupation has taken place, Mordus are gone and the Gallente Navy begin construction sites across our system.

I’m sure this will all be for our benefit I’m sure nothing untoward will come of it.

What has happened in Intaki is what the Caldari have always feared: that what the Gallente cannot achieve fairly through the political process they would seek to coerce through force wrapped up in platitudes of liberty.

6 Likes

You mean the thing they achieved fairly through the political process when the Intaki agreed to form the Federation, along with the Gallente and Caldari?

1 Like

I would say events in Intaki are as Caldari feared when the Multi World Agreement on Trade would evolve into the Federated Union. That given the opportunity a centralized Federal government would seek to impose its mandates through military force over the rights or consent of constituent members.

Just as the Federal government sought to use the threat of military force towards the colonies of Caldari member-states in the past so does the Federal government of today interfere militarily in member-states by deploying armed forces in a signatory state without the consent or invitation of its local government of Intaki.

Saying, “You signed the charter so now you have to accept everything the Federal government does,” is only telling people to accept political paradigms they find tyrannical and contrary to the nature of power sharing within a Federal system.

1 Like

But is anyone saying that?

Well, I’ll tell you what they have been saying, for decades.

“We don’t want a heavy Federal military presence in our system. We want to chose who police our own space.”

Well, that’s a great answer to some question, but not relevant at all to the one you’re offering it for.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.