The new status of Intaki

Did they fix the broken station yet

Declared it a monument, I think.

How tragically on brand.

It has always been the way of the Intaki to observe and avoid snap judgments and rash actions. Letting the ‘dust settle’ and negotiations conclude to see where things land is preferable.

Personally, I think the Federation securing Intaki and Placid against the ongoing, never-ending turmoil that has plagued the region is a step in the right direction. Perhaps not the best method but time will tell if it was for good or ill.

3 Likes

Negotiation implies you can trust other party’s words. After Federation has been repeatedly violating treaties it was signing, making a new treaty with them is unwise. You could expect even from Gurista more honor than from Federal swines.

This is not a time for talk. This is a time for fight.

You’ve been gone too long Andreus.

The Federation has demonstrated on multiple occasions that it is happy to simply ignore the inconvenient when it suits them, even if that means actively preventing the Intaki Assembly from legally awarding critical contracts under the franchise system, or disregarding core agreements that establish the very nature of Federal membership for Intaki and the surrounding systems.

1 Like

Do you have proof of this allegation?

And all of this in a time of terrible disaster and uncertainty. The Trigs are up to something, the Drifters are lurking just out of sight, and every Empire is at eachothers’ throats. What’s next? Sansha? Overminds?

Of course.

The Intaki Assembly first met with representatives from the Intaki Space Police in November YC121.

Since then, the Gallente Federation have delayed the entire process, using the weight of Federal beauracracy at every stage, with Senate committees and panels being involved where they are not required. What little progress the Federation has allowed, has been reported on by The Scope over the years.

The Intaki Assembly successfully asserted its sovereignty under the Federal constitution in YC122, and under the franchise system, it is the Intaki Assembly that has authority, not the Senate.

The Senate may disapprove of the Assembly’s choice of franchisee, but that does not equate to the right to block a legitimate process.

Ctrl+F “Franchise”

No matches

I recommend the ISP for Intaki discussion.

Alternatively, if you’re looking at The Scope, unfortunately they have a habit of relegating Intaki news to the footnotes, but the minor headlines are there should you with to look for them.

1 Like

If I were an uncharitable person, I would suggest you’re extrapolating a situation that would be conducive to your agenda from headline stubs.

My level of charity is contingent upon my previous experience with an organisation.

I will - in a fashion that ILF shall no doubt enjoy - leave it as an exercise to the reader to draw their own conclusions on the implication here.

How is your level of charity with published decisions of the Supreme Court, in this case overruling the Federal Security Council’s stay on franchise negotiations?

1 Like

Curious that you didn’t lead with that.

I’ve not said a word today. Let’s see how this pans out first.

1 Like

Even so, your best argument here is “the Intaki franchising process was subject to a stay pending review by the Federal Security Council due to the understandably contentious nature of who the Assembly was proposing to choose, a thing that the Federal Security Council may have theoretically been entitled to do, but the Supreme Court reasserted that the Assembly has rights accorded to it under its Federal charters.”

That’s government bureaucracy in the Federation working as usual, and it is - and I must stress that it feels insane that I need to point this out to you - Intaki’s sovereign rights as a Federal signatory being upheld.

2 Likes

I agree with you both, actually, which leaves me in a quandary. While I welcome the removal of Viriette from the scope of the War Powers Act, I share Bataav’s misgivings about the intentions of the federal authorities for what comes next. I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable, given all the ‘bureaucracy’ involved. We shall see.

Right, because the Federation always has to be in the wrong here somehow, doesn’t it?

You don’t need to. I publicly thanked the court at the time. I was really heartened to see that part of the system working but that was 18 months ago.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. You seem to be the one making assumptions about my views here.