"The Obsession with Safety"

I stumbled on this youtube video. While I am sure it will do nothing to calm the debate, and likely not many will even read this post, it does cover some of the reasons I don’t think clamoring to CCP to make a safer Eve is a good thing.

I think Eve, in a different way, teaches (probably by coincidence rather than intention) the same thing this video is trying to teach. Eve is a place where you can stand for your own values, and take risks to promote them. It’s a game that trains you to recognize what risks you can afford to take from ones you can’t. It’s a game that teaches you that one failure doesn’t have to be the end if you have the guts to get up and try again. We don’t have to settle for a safe, banal existence. We can instead live one that’s just reckless enough to be interesting and worthwhile.

5 Likes

Getting knocked down on your backside is nothing to be ashamed of.
Not getting back up and dusting yourself off is.

3 Likes

For months I was scared to take the Eve safety setting off green…now I have it on red all the time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.