The pricing for the MCT bundles are too expensive vs the Omega subscription

@Aisha_Katalen !

The presumptuous and condescending lollipop of CCP!

We love you baby !

Ully Loom

I don’t want to. (not that I want to do PI. It was just an example, of many).

Correct, at the cost of one MCT

I pay 20 dollars to keep my main training while also training up two extra characters.

I’m playing a game, to have fun. Not to somehow make the calculations about ingame money vs cost. I realise this is a radical concept. Also, 100 mil for 2 PI alts for a month is fairly low.

No, I don’t waste training time on my main character. Which I DO care about.

PI is just one example.

It makes even less sense when you get all these login and shoot a rat or two SP injections too. If CCP were using their brain they would have kept the price as is and charged another €5.00 a month for MCT. Then players would have been happy with them and not fed up.

Ahh so it’s not about the logic behind the cost and why it needs to be more expensive than just omega cost, people just want it to be lowered just because.

1 Like

You’d be volunteering to pay more than double in dollars for maintaining the queue on your main… while you could also have just scrapped the worthless idea of doing PI alts and just pay for omega only.
Once you’ve gone that route and put in the dollars, it’s one time pool and effectively one and the same thing.

Fun really is a radical idea when it comes to PI. PI is all about ISK.
Bringing real dollars into the game only makes it that much more apparent.

You brought it up and I think we both know it’s a terrible example.

Yeah, that is why people rage on these forums about how the game sucks, how they keep doing things in ways that they dislike. In the mean time normal people do things, or switch to things, that they actually enjoy doing as it’s a game. Some people actually enjoy PI, I think they are mental but what do I know.

There is very little I do in EVE that I don’t enjoy doing, I mean basic flying back and forth with loot is not enjoyable as such but then it’s also not really a play style for me. Beyond that the only play styles I do I do them because I ENJOY doing them, and if you’re good at the things you enjoy doing they make isk as well, which is a nice side effect (for me).

Care to do the same chat on any of the other examples I mentioned or are you going to focus on this specific one, one of several mentioned, because it suits you?

They want to do PvP, but with little or no PvE grind in between fights and without becoming a credit card warrior. Some of them could actually do so in the past through passive moon mining. I can only sympathize.

You know. They are mental.

I’ll humor you.

You also mentioned before:

1 trading characters - two main variants here:

A. An alt to place orders on NPC trade hubs: this is the expensive one mostly due to standings. Cheapest option is to do it yourself and dual/multi-box the character with your mission alt, until he’s good with the faction and NPC corp for the broker fees. This is a potential character transfer candate.

B. A buyer alt: needs no skills: definitely keep on a free alpha account.

2 mission runners - We’re looking at at a lot of training time here. So I’d say: new $15/month sub and then a possibly a character transfer.

3 PI characters - kill with fire

4 FW alts - the alpha limitation are perfectly adequate for these alts. lvl 4 ship skills and lvl 3 weapon specialization up to T1 BCs… definitely keep them on a free alpha account.

5 scouts - dual/multi-box them. They’re no good to your main unless the scout is active at the same time. It’s also super boring just to be a cloaky alt with nothing else to do.

6 exploration - you can go any way with these. A Heron pilot could even stay alpha forever, while a Tengu pilot could be in a similar position to the mission runner (new omega account+exchange). Perhaps maybe you could cook up some sort of in between-MCT scenario for this one. Maybe.

Most people raging on this forum do NOT want to PVP.

I realise that I’m not the centre of the universe that that different people might like different things, for different reasons. As such it doesn’t really matter what I like or dislike doing, different people, different perspectives. You should try it sometimes.

1. you can very easily get corp and faction standing from doing career agents and then chaining distri missions in a sunesis, most training time is the trade skills.

2. you can make decent mission runners with around 8 mil sp, not an issue, would it be more then char transfer would be worthwhile but then your char transfer shows up on character history, not everyone wants this

3. just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others don’t

4. training an FW char for frigates or Dessy is perfectly logical as an omega alt, I can see why you want to “keep this alpha”, because it doesn’t suit your case but you’re of course just making stuff up

5. if you run multiple accounts then you want to have a scout alt on your alt account, while also doing other stuff on that alt account. JUST making an account for a scout alt is silly.

6. You mention Heron and then Tengu, conveniently omitting the most obvious (because it doesn’t suit your case): Astero/covert ops.

Lots of “well I don’t like it personally so who the F cares” combined with “uhh, lets not talk about this”.

Back and forth threads suck so I’ll leave it at this.

That’s awful. A total grind. You have a mission runner: use it.

It’s practically a clean slate. Why worry about this?

PI is crap. It’s required for some industrial production lines and that’s why it’s there. Some mental players just put up with it.

No, I mean it. You can play this part for FREE without any significant drawbacks, so just do that. Simple. Why complicate things?

I never said that the other two slots on the account have to remain empty. Once the scout’s trained up the rest of the omega SPs can go to another alt. You already have plenty alt candidates that fit the bill, so no problems with the scout account.

Maybe I’ll grant you that one, or maybe we could just stick him on the scout account. These explos don’t need a scout.

I’m still not sold on MCT.

I gonna need to point it out, you guys do not understand the point of MCT, you understand the working, but not the real deal. To use MCT is to compromise for a time and then stop, and CCP understand this too well, so they are bleeding you for as long as you’re using it.

After trained your alts will take a ride on the main omega sub, having two omegas mean having to keep both active to use your alt. In the long run it is baaaad.

CCP is not that dumb, they are just incompetent fixing the game, they know their trade (how to grab your moneyz).

Really what stops someone from training a char on a separate account for a few months actually being able to play that char at the same time to earn back some isk from its own cost then merge it into the main account just before it ends? All this for less cost and having some time where you can actually log in both at once.

The difference in price alone will mean that after a few months it will cover the transfer cost without factoring anything else in.

Already though closing in August

Its only worth it cost wise after a few months, generally around the 7 mil SP mark. Most alts for the stuff i mentioned don’t NEED 7 mil SP. But if you feel it’s not worth it because for your situation there are better options then why cry about it? Clearly some people like it, in fact there another thread about a guy buying a crapton of MCT and while he had issues with it he seemingly had no issues with the concept as such nor its cost.

Just because you don’t see the benefit doesn’t mean there isn’t one for other players. Just dont use it then, problem solved.

Oh and if I were a dev EVE would be VERY different.

Becuase CCP are doing a price creep.

I’m not sure you’ve noticed but stuff gets more expensive. All the time, every year, every decade, everything, all of it. It’s normal, it’s a fact of life, deal with it. CCP never did a price increase at all and now they did, how can a realistic honest adult cry about that? And like I said, if you feel that MCT are a bad deal to begin with for you then why do you care? If it’s not something you used before then they could triple the cost and it still wouldn’t affect you.

This is not about MCT at all, this is about people whining in general about everything just like people whine about on social media about everything. Socially inept Nonos and wokes who never got told no by their parents crybullying for attention and power, like a 5 year old.

This is 90% of the EVE forums:

SJW1

Stop whining, be an adult. Play or go away.

1 Like

Normal increases are fine, but its going to cascade out of control at this rate. Talk to me in 2 years time and we will see if things are still stable or if they spiraled.

Also btw you forgot to factor in daily log in rewards for an alt on a separate account compared to same account.

LiStEn tO Me, tHe WoRlD iS CoMiNg To An EnD, I KnOW bEsT yOU JuSt WaIt!!! Yeah stuff gets more expensive over time, who knew.

You can always play Lost Ark, Diablo Immortal, Star Citizen or any other ripoff fast money hack mobile games if you want.

Why would I listen to you :rofl:

Yeah, MCT is a ripoff guys. It’s better to just sub another account, unless all you’re doing is training a PI or ganking alt or whatever. In which case you could just do MCT for 1 month or two and then just never train that toon again. In almost every other case it’s better to just sub an additional account.

MCT makes sense from a business perspective though; if you’re only going to train that secondary or tertiary character for 1-2 months and then stop, CCP doesn’t make money off the character after that point. But honestly that’s CCP’s fault for allowing multiple characters per account.

2 Likes

MCT is used to train characters that aren’t played constantly. Reprocessing, industry, Planetary Interaction, marketing, ect. You train the character till it’s necessary point and then once you’re done you can turn the MCT off and now you save money because you no longer have to PLEX the alt to be able to use it.