The problem with Eve Online is a matter of perception

When giving a speech to a captive audience, yes. Let them leave with your best idea.

However, when writing, you need to remember that people can just stop reading. So if you want to keep their interest, you must focus on the beginning.

1 Like

If your attention span is limited to just a few words then the problem is with you, not with the posted reply.

1 Like

Well, I have a PhD, and I’m a professional writer - so I’m sure that’s not the problem. :thinking:

Let me get this straight, you say you have a PhD and are a professional writer, yet you believe the best ideas should be posted first and then end the text with the worst ideas?

Yeah, right…

:smirk:

Let me tell you the story of Goofus Michael. One day, he decided to call 911, the emergency hotline. “911, what’s your emergency?” Michael exclaimed breathlessly, “I wanted bacon and eggs for breakfast!” The 911 operator thought this was a strange thing to say, and asked if there was anything wrong. Michael began reciting from a long list of problems, “My neighbor’s dog barks. There’s a cat up in a tree. The Boston Red Sox! I don’t like the weather.” Eventually, the 911 operator hung up, and Michael stood there listening to the dial tone. “Hey, I was saving the best for last - my house is on fire!”

The moral of the story: Don’t be a Goofus.

Goofus says, “Yeah, right…”
Gallant says, “Thank you for teaching me, Dr. Danuja.”

1 Like

Did you just reply to your own post? :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Naturally. I’m the most interesting person here, except for @Xuixien of course.

Actually nowadays if you call 911 and start talking some “plausible nonsense” like ordering a pizza or acting like you’re talking to your mom, they dispatch police and ambulance in case of a hostage/domestic violence situation.

Why thank you, kind lady.

We need to die together sometime soon. Gank tomorrow night?

Yes ma’am.

1 Like

Excellent!

Send me an EVEMail. I’m always in MB when I’m online.

Hey, returning player from 2003 here. Okay, yeah. I’m a freaking dinosaur that now has no clue what’s gong on in the game. Is it still all back stabbing and yo - join my corp bro. My larger corp needs stuff to shoot at. LOL

Seems your PhD is in Forum Trolling cuz if that’s an example of your professional writing then you seriously need to take a refresher course in creative composition.

911 Operators don’t hang up on people who call them, they stay connected until they have all the information needed for emergency personnel and then will instruct the caller to hang up. Sometimes 911 Operators stay connected until emergency personnel notify them that they’ve arrived at the location.

Thanks man, all I want is to get my idea out there.

Even if some comments are meaningless and mean, they still have their usefulness. By posting their garbage they keep bumping the thread, so I get better exposure.

So thanks to the P.H.D. guy and his cronies too, instead of handling this in a mature way and simply ignoring threads they don’t like, they chose to invest their time in my thread and kept bumping it.

:rose:

1 Like

That’s not true. Have you ever read a newspaper? They hang up all the time.

Your ignorance is becoming apparent.

1 Like

That story doesn’t prove it happens all the time. 911 Operators have specific protocols and policy’s they’re suppose to follow so they aren’t held liable for prosecution.

In fact that case probably set the standard for Federal, State and City Agency’s in conducting regular audits of Emergency Dispatcher calls.

Wow, for someone who supposedly has a PhD, you’re really ignorant, especially if you think that isolated case represents normal work ethics for 911 Emergency Dispatchers.

My friend you just need to think more and yap less.

Heh, the only one here who needs to stfu is you. Attempting to hide your incorrect statement with selective quoting just proves your ignorance. The only PhD you have is in forum trolling.

The nice thing about having a PhD is knowing that I have one, and seeing how much that obviously triggers you.

2 Likes

Aiko, this isn’t helpful. I’d like to try to bring this topic back to a more productive line of discussion, like how we can bring more people into EvE by changing their perceptions of it.