The Reason behind an Action and the Watering of the content

Its in the forum rules.

Its an open forums. You posted this on the forums, which is open to the public. So whos gonna stop me?

Yeah. I condensed that entire sentence into one word. These fancy words are really useful.

Yeah, me and my fancy words.

Also, off topic? Im talking about your post. Thats part of the topic.

From the FAQ:

5 Likes

Since when people prefer to argue about the rules, which by themselves state that BEING OFF TOPIC IS FORBIDDEN, rather than discuss the idea proposed in the main topic?

This is not a rant, he just gives his opinion as a player. Which is interesting because it’s not the “average” player’s point of view, and is constructive.

2 Likes

thank you …

I was replying in the other thread, but then it got locked… saving this post to edit if necessary.

@OP you*re wrong. I’ll tell you in a moment why.

Going to break this down for you…

Problem one, aside from the falsity of the statement, it is very counterproductive to a debate.

Good, but your later posting reveals you were looking at structure and not what makes this EvE. EvE is what we have built on the framework provided, not what the game does on its own.

This IS EVE, you are what you make yourself to be… BECAUSE YOU CAN, not because it is given. To deny this is to deny what this game is.

This whole section is where the rant plainly is… part one could be defended as “expounding on a premise”.

Either way, what be your point? (Other reason for getting it called a rant)

You are failing to reach/understand your audience.

2 Likes

In Before The Lock !!! :goat::goat::goat:

2 Likes

you spoke a lot about what i said and how rather then the context of which it convy and you used technicality over expression to validate your point which almost states that i have no point
i used that as an opening to show where i stand on speaking my mind in top line since feelings lack reason and any constructive dialog should be based on Reason rather then emotional irrationality and in the 2nd i explained where i am , how much i have experienced and what i am interested in to share my view … again out of fairness so you dont have to assume what type of persona i am …the THIS IS EVE… you have no right to define some thing more then i do… i dont see how that works especially since those who made kinda gave us more then one way to define it so why yours is more valuable ? no … and as for 2 i made my point loud and clear in fact yes it is not a rant and i spoke my point and presented it from quiet a few points of view just to be fair… i dont think your communication skills are that powerful , i could be wrong but i spoke a lot to explain a lot to leave no room for such questions every one is just talking outside of the topic or around it… ironic

this is the result of living inside a calculator, it lost the human touch , which also can be used to further prove my point and i never asked you to break my argument and try to explain to the world how i think or what is wrong , just prove me wrong by telling me what i am wrong about lol

But that’s not what I WAAAAnt it to be :sob:

i’ll tell you what its not… its not what i Dont want it to be either mainly because its not the topic… we are not talking about game mechanics we are talking about behavior and view toward content in the world and activity provided in the world and new comer … why is it so easy for you all to read the same thing and make some thing outside of it to talk about ?

1 Like

Players interacting with other players = Content
Players interacting with Non-Players = Framework for building Content.

1 Like

Okay first part of my quick reply, not sure when the thread will get locked (for breaking the Forum rule of re-opening a locked thread).

So first. Yes your text is a rant.

Random collection of proof first, explanation below.

I know you can. That’s exactly what a rant is all about.

You’re angry that other players behave like you don’t want them to behave in the game. You had different expectations and that’s okay. The thing is, you can’t expect others to play this game like you want them to play it. EVE has no such rules. Everyone can play the game however they want, taken they abide to game mechanics and general human respect.

You don’t yet understand that shooting each other in this game can be a very respectful act. Don’t let anger and hate dominate your view on the game and on its players.

Also, why it is a rant:
You said in the other thread, that people who want a tl;dr are lazy and that you don’t have to shorten your writing for them.

But yes, that’s exactly what you do if you expect others ever again to discuss your opinions. They make the effort to discuss your thoughts, they’re doing you a favor, not the other way around. Checking correct grammer and shortening where possible, at least introducing some paragraphs: it’s the right and decent thing to do.

Calling people lazy for not reading through your wall of badly written text is uncool. It’s badly written and absolutely does not hold any scientific standard. It’s a mixture of your expectations and your observations. Your bias so to say.

Alas, I’ll give you that you’re a new player and that you don’t seem to be a bad guy, so just learn this for the future. Don’t insult everyone, deliver clearer arguments, don’t pretend you are the expert for a 15 year old game that you played for some months.

4 Likes

i am angry but its not a Rant , i am not just complaining or arguing that they should not i am asking Why … you just avoided every thing RIGHT after pointing it out , you showed my claims without me explaining my proof you used my words to make no statement other then that i am Angry and i should not be ?..that should prove me wrong or show that things Cant go for the better or wont be changed for the better ? i am at lost for what you are trying to convey
i dont want them to act like i do , just wished that they would Act based on Some thing other then boredom which most of them say that they are experiencing Due to actions THEY THEM SELF’S DO FOR NO REASON which they them self’s Said that they have no Reason for again this is not my claim this is THEM emailing me when i asked them a simple question … why and not even in an angry manner i did alot of research on the topic during my time in new eden

how ?..just how an act like SHOOTING at you is an act of respect i fail to see the logic behind that when they seem to be very picky about what they shoot and 2nd why do you think that i dont understand ? what secrets do you know of which i dont ? please do share… maybe it will help me understand and finally why do you think i am mad at them shooting at me ? i clearly expressed that my anger and wonder both come from the motives… not the act it self ,making it even worse when the act is harmful , they dont just do it the glorfy it and make every thing else anyone could do seem bad or try to convene them that it is , new players are already overwhelmed enough they dont need such twisted view on New Eden , that they will have to endure exploding for no Reason until they can be people who explode other people for no Reason out of revenge ?since when this has been going on ? and since when this is the heart of new Eden ?

in the other thread people called a wall of text auto wrong , attacked me personally , people said i have mental issues , cried that i am sick told me its a game stop taking it seriously but Really ? you pay real money to play it spend hours and meet people and put effort to get some where in it not to mention all the people behind keeping it working you wanna call it fake ? no i cant allow you

me being a NEW player means that i didnt yet get soaked in this mentality so i can stand outside and critic it a lot better then most who are full of it , think of me being New as a possessive thing not a bad thing

Next part of my reply:

See this thread to get an idea why rats are called rats.
https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1425388

You’re welcome. Next time use google instead of insulting everyone first. It’s cooler.

Care bear was originally a self-determination by someone who didn’t like to PVP as far as I remember.
It’s also used ironically, because everyone who doesn’t buy PLEX with real money has to “bear” or had to do it in the past before getting in-game rich.

So the link for terminology.
Also, it’s a game, you know that right?

The text is written by paid humans. The graphics are done in the same way. The lore too. In this game and every other game.

Humans create online games. Shocking truth, but truth.

…

Then you turn your 2nd point into another topic. Hm.

Well if I understand you correctly, you are starting to get to know the real game just now.

EVE is though. Some of the NPCs you can find will hurt you. But nothing is more dangerous on your flight through space than other pilots. It’s a game that is not supposed to be peaceful, there are no mechanics for that. You can’t even be at peace will all the factions. You have to choose a side.

On the other hand, yes. It’s especially hard for new players. But most people who will shoot you are actually nice people. Talk to them, learn from them, fly with them. It’s not a single player game.

1 Like

FTFY

For many game is kind of understating it.

3 Likes

The claim that the OP is not a rant is hilarious. It is unnecessarily long, the ideas are poorly thought out and the emotional level borders on toxic vomit. It doesn’t get any rantier than that.

3 Likes

I’m on a bus, so this reply won’t be pretty.

One person called the ‘wall o text’ auto wrong. Many did suggest clarifying the post.

Being the outsider can add for neutral observation, but it also can stunt contextual comprehension. Anthropologists will participate with a group in order to study it.

You want to understand EvE players? Then ASK, don’t tell us how we think/feel.

–Gadget is at her stop

3 Likes

listen first of all i genuinly understand that you are the result of this community , and you are informing me BUT i do know all of this and i dont agree with it , mainly because it is not used for the purposes you claim it to be , some pointed that out so i looked in to it before

it is not just used for pirates , if it was that would make since but it is used for any thing that shows Red on your overview, several times people explain that to folk in rookie chatter to new commers when teaching them how to lock on, or answering who are those attacking me , or why or what does Rats means, often those are not pirates , they are every thing from smugglers to military forces by factions to sleepers rogue drones etc so the term is used for any NPC enmy regardless , i am sorry its just not 2nd to imply that in the context of the world Damges how you might view things example :
person A - i am an expert in biochemistry
person B- oh you are a cook then
Person A- no… i work in a lab
person B- ohh so you are a Cook with a coat

that is what calling them Rats Does to new people , it removes any sense of achievement or challenge when attacking them you are pulling the trigger on faceless things … they almost do that to players too again this mentality is bad no matter what form of community its in

so you are saying propaganda is a good thing ? YES maybe with in the world of new Eden but propaganda against the player him self ? that is just toxic and down Wrong by any view of which you want to take or make it just is just because its a game does not mean you should not implement some sense of morals , imagine if CCP tried that on you , i am sure they wont , in video games we call that humane design ← look it up if you dont know what it is i mean no disrespect but a lot of people dont get it , but you are giving other people reasons to bring that ■■■■■■■■ in to our gaming community since you allow it , maybe not in eve but there will be more games other then eve with people who WILL test you , try telling them that its not Real then

i dont like this talk that its not real there for i can do whatever i want , maybe you can but should you do whatever you want ? should use what ever you want to do to purposely ruin some one else’s experience ? in some games people get ban for that… yea… now try thinking about it like that

More or less correct. Being angry is okay. Having it affect your post in such a way that you constantly insult others, not only makes your argument hard to find, but also it’s hard to expect a calm reply from someone faced with your insults. So I showed you, because you may not have read your own text, what I found in there.

I also said, that this is only part of my reply and specifically addressing the rant. Part two is written, part three after ths reply.

But exactly. There is no “real” reason to play this game. Everyone makes their own reason. For many people it is sharing the excitement and feeling of “danger” to fly around in a non-peaceful space dystopia.

You can see for yourself, that there are no mechanics that allow for peace or great social equality. Already by joining as a pilot, you’re extremely priveleged, out of reach for the “lore” people in the universe. ISK means Interstellar Credits and even 1 of them means that you’re rich in this game. There is no way to further the interest of the assumed trillions of inhabitants of the fantasy/lore world in EVE. There is no way to interact in such a way with them.

So, back to reason: people have to create their own reason to play the game. And as such, everyone is free to choose their own way.

The real depth of the game is player to/with/vs player interaction. Fights are one form of it.

Em, because you just asked “how?”. It is respectful, because there is no disrespect meant. Because no real harm is done. It’s a game. Nothing in the game, no item, no amount of money is worth anything outside of the game. It’s just pixels.

No. There are some thing you need to learn for yourself or decide not to.

That was not very clear. But okay, how can you look into all those players heads and know about their motives? If I’d meet you, spaceship to spaceship, I’d absolutely start shooting at you (in-game of course), but with a friendly smile and certainly no bad words.

Being a new player is hard. I was one, not too long ago. Being angry is normal. I personally was happy to meet PVPers who helped me learn what I could do better. You seem to be ignorant about the fact that people are reaching out to you, giving you a hand and an offer to learn more about the game. That’s okay, but don’t expect to get very far with that attitude.

Again, you need to separate between real feelings and gameplay. No one (almost, there are always exceptions) intentds to cause you real distress, real pain in this game. Yes, there are some people who want that, and that’s bad. It’s even against the EULA if they do it. But the moment you leave the starter systems, explore space and try to take - you’re in the same boat as we all are.

Yeah, that’s not nice. Tbh your text is absolutely badly written, you should try to improve that. But that of course doesn’t mean you have issues. No one should talk like that.

The thing is just that you called a large group of players “stupid”, “idiots”, “not worth”, etc - in your opening thread. You’ve started this kind of behaviour - how do you expect others to behave better than yourself?

Yes sure you can do that. But you should also critisize yourself. Reflect. Can you really critic based on your own expectations? You’ve expected the game to function in one way, maybe a way you know from other games. Or maybe behaviour you would expect in real life. You found out that this is not the case in EVE.
You can critizise that, but you could also ask yourself: did you understand correctly what this game is going to be about before you joined?

“the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built” -CCP Solomon

in some games people get ban for that

In Eve it is considered to be normal gameplay by players, and CCP.

2 Likes