The Return of the Headache Generator/ The stupid gate jump animation

i like it. it looks bad ass.

3 Likes

:red_circle: ^^^ THAT ^^^

1 Like

I figured out a work around that seems to work, at least for me. I maximize the size of my probe window to full screen after hitting jump, then minimize it after entering the new system. It’s a bit of a pain, but at least I can jump systems without the headache. I still hope they do something about the flash, tone down the brightness, or add a way to remove the animation altogether.

4 Likes

wen i started playing eve you jumped and there was a loading bar
bingo you are on the other side
i much prefer nowadays , but the option to people to get sick can be nice

7 Likes

Yes, I would like to vote for the return of the non dizzy animation please.
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m probably going to sound like a grumpy old fart, but the new animation encourages me to keep focused on the overview window with the added benefit of not noticing the shake.

I think up to now… it seems like some players face to face nousea and sickness… even risk for trigger photosensitive epilepsia for people with this spesific sensitivity .

VS

people who likes the non necesarry fancy animation.

Animation style may stand for the fan of animations … even though it lags my pc and never junp smooth without 2-3 momently freeze… but ok if people likes it …

But i cant engage just after take the gate with war targets with nousea …

At least CCP can manipulate or lower the flash light may me ?

1 Like

Toggles, all we require are toggles. On/off.

Red Dot - off
Jump animation - off

etc etc

6 Likes

Some more etc etc:

Sun glare - off
Extra asset window - off
Reduced text font - off

5 Likes

Eve Online - off

2 Likes

Eve is a headache generator you say, you obviously are single.

2 Likes

I do wonder who they test this stuff out on. The photosensitive epilepsy point is well made. I mean did literally no one think about this beforehand? Really?

Some Facts…
At the last count 300,000 people play EVE.
The average number of people in the general population with photosensitive epilepsy is around 0.03%
In effect this means in all likelihood there are around 90 players in our community who are highly likely to have an epileptic seizure when they see this animated warp effect.

Admittedly 90 is a pretty small number when compared to 300,000 but is it really that important to the game that we have this animation? Is the fact that this makes the game inaccessible to some something that we’re comfortable with? I don’t think I am.

There was nothing really wrong with the last jump effect and, in truth, I don’t think the game would be denuded in a meaningful sense if we went back to it. To me, those 90 pilots are way more important to us as a community than a flashy bit of warp tunnel animation.

I hope CCP is listening.

:mouse:

That type of photosensitive epilepsy may induced by single flash … but other type also they call it pattern base … also sitimuæation gets stronger if it happens if enviroment / background darker… EvE online is space game … main bacground is dark … some people makes hundreds of jumps … i really dont know … even us consider the pilots sensitivity when we building our tornament arenas … and angle of the sun …

That’s why I asked the question about who they use to test it out on beforehand @bluelysian.

It is hard to cover every base of accessibility and I’m not suggesting they should have done this, but in this specific case (the warp tunnel effect) it seems a bit of a no brainer that a group of EVE test pilots should have checked something like this out beforehand and more than this, that said group should include disabled people.

:mouse:

1 Like

Im not really sure about that… do you remember last time when they changed the colour of text in channels … its gray on gray now… when i search it i read something about thats a kind of trend apple pulled and have some fallowers … and i had seen some similair changings at CCP too i really give up on that but … gray on gray one of the worst combination actually … esp if you apply wrong … now i will sent you my ipad print screen

As you can see there darkest gray bacground lighter gray buttons and white letters on it…

This is bad and not suitable for the nature of human aye. Highest contrast always increase the readibility … some colour contrasts are even high lvl can be disturbing due to nature of the colours… … but gray on gray light gray on white … these are baaad… there is tons of articles on internet about why this cause disturbance and i had seen so many people complaining… incl me… i made text 2 size bigger in eve and begin to need my glasses more often while playing …

It feels like they dont really care about us … seem more like they care about if its look cooool or not… thats is not exactly my speciality but my dadys… he has a printing company… and well this is ■■■■ if you ask any printer i think :slight_smile:

i dont know wha they were thinking

3 Likes

@CCP_Fozzie https://www.hardingfpa.com/ indy companies cant but i think CCP can afford . Is there any test results ? Better early than late.

Test though is not steel proof that this flash and effect still may cause seizure . Lack of sleep , tiredness , lightening of room alchohol intake may effect the treshold al pull it down… so there is many recods games which pass the test still can end up cause seizures. There is list of games which fail the test … but i havent seen EvE Online within tested games list . And up to this last update i havent seen anything in eve online cause me that much headache and nousea .

Didnt they think of all the people who literally died when they first took the loading screen away?

1 Like

I dunno … if these players still around …

You think they are dead ? :frowning:

Seem like they find a way to manipulate it from settings then CCP solve the issue at update…

For now there is no on off button for this thing … do you think if we fiddle with settings we can do something ?

Completely not lore-friendly and unrealistic.

Ask the Space Pope about this.

Ships aren’t meant to be in “physical” space when going through Jumpspace, so showing a ship in physical form going through is a stupid and unrealistic paradox, even if it does look cool.

Old-school devs would have had some clue about this, the more recent devs however …

1 Like

CCP tunnel vision simulation.

1 Like