The sandbox has been sold out. CCP turning their game into a P2W

Yeah, let’s just ignore a history where for more than a decade the only way to play Eve was to have a subscription.

Omega or subscribed is, and always has been the desired state of play from the perspective of CCP.

The only difference now is that you can still play the game in a deliberately limited fashion without a subscription.

You can also shitpost on the forums now, unlike the old days where it was read only for the unsubscribed.

2 Likes

Yet Ill bet the OP would balk at the idea of Sub-Only access again.

3 Likes

Do you think the OP knows that their name is derogatory slang for an itinerant community?

1 Like

Yes Im sure they do.

No one is forcing you to believe one way or the other, certainly not CCP. Or did you think Pearl Abyss bought the game to lose money ?
They introduced Alpha clones for a wider audience, the less hard-core fans who’d try the game and maybe subscribe if they liked that kind of PvP world. Call it a try before you buy.
As far as pay2win… Whether one is the head of a capsuleers corporation or simply an explorer, what exactly is there to “win” ?

CCP: makes the game a little bit more difficult to afk

Entitled carebears: wtf is this bs, game’s turning into p2w mobile cash grab chinese trash (they don’t know Pearl Abyss is Korean) i’m unsubbing my 3,000 krab accounts, and will sue you in the court for fraud and false advertising, i want a refund, you can’t take away my gameplay, it’s my property, i paid for it!

1 Like

Also, someone is proving right now in a nearby thread that Skill Extractors can be pay to lose lol

2 Likes

If EVE was pay to win, I wouldn’t be winning.

When a bot toon can train up to cap bot status just by skill injectors, it’s pay to win…

That mic-drop was artfully done.

1 Like

I have paid 8 years and i haven’t won nothing!

I paid for 12, 11 and 10 yrs. I used to win by just the fun I had. I’m just not sure when I stopped having fun? :thinking:

I was in an intense 1v1 battle and it was a fierce fight to see which of us could shove quarters into our machines. i took out my pre-paid gift card and swiped it giving myself enough tank to survive his next few volleys. But my opponent took out his debit card, swiped, and I could see his ship loading the overpowered Golden Ammo. It was at this moment that I activated my trap card to reveal my Credit Card with no limits and no annual fee. I charged $5,000 to extend my ADCU’s resistance duration by 3 seconds, then I paid $8,000 to break all tackle on my ship, and another $3,000 to teleport behind my rival. I typed in local “nothing personnel kid”, and then swiped my credit card one last time for $10,000 to instantly destroy his ship and forcibly biomass his character (that’s why he can’t comment on these forums anymore).

gf

5 Likes

Good thing I have multiple screens so I can pay as I go quickly! :wink:

There is a very small degree of truth in the idea that the game functions in this way and that is the truth.

It’d be overly simplistic to suggest however that this automatically means that players without a pile of cash cannot survive and indeed flourish and prosper.

@Thayden_Reid_Nordic (correctly) pointed out above, Eve is extremely complex and this means that while cash is handy, ingenuity will carry you quite a long way and your skills are a much more powerful key to survival.

Like he say you can have a kick ass fighting ship armed to the teething costing billions but in reality you’re quite likely to get ganked unless you actually know how to fly and operate the thing.

:mouse:

2 Likes

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting