The scarcity move hurt PVP availability. Time to change that

So true. I met this player while I participated in mining (which I only did to do AIR missions) he was mining in orca solo till I came, I started convo we fleeted up and it was actually very plesant 2 hours because we talked about lot of stuff.

Amongst the things we discussed was how boring and unprofitable (highsec) mining is, orca nerfs, barges rework, pve in eve, how profitable it can be and new content in even such as abyss. Before I left I invited him into some duo abyss runs and even told him I will give him ship (fit) and filaments. He said he will send me email when he finds time to play and he will try it with me.

Well that was almost month ago. He is still there in sector I found him, still mining in orca for hours. And he never emailed me.

And EVE is full of such players…

1 Like

On the side notes of that, what would having a Statue status really achieve? Some pvp Esport games are offering tournament money prizes along with fame.

What would it take to turn EveOnline into a Esport game?

1 Like

EVE would need to be an entirely different game, for the most part.

CCP has already tried this, but it just won’t work. Esports is mostly about good fast action with lots of player support for various teams and stars. It also wants good graphics of the action, and for players to be able to somewhat understand and have a feel for what’s going on, even if they don’t really understand the intricacies. They want to feel they can watch now and catch the excitement and thrill, then watch an analysis later and catch the tricky details.

Whereas EVE is deeply hampered by 1 second server ticks, fly-by-wire, an obscure combat system, and bad graphics (for combat). We just had a video linked in the ‘Stratios’ thread, and I’ll add another here. These are excellent EVE fights - but they’re terrible Esports.

These are gripping, edge-of-your-seat, pulse-pounding EVE battles if you’re one of the pilots in them… and a total snoozefest for anyone else.

1 Like

How about arena mode using deadspace tech but locks the gate after two frigates enter or two teams enter?

What if a spectator mode was created that gave options that the commentator at a major event could switch between teams / pilots in battle etc?

Currently Eve Online doesn’t have the controlled pvp option that many wouldn’t even consider possible. Maybe it would be too much of a change and could even cause a decline in the current Faction War setting.

Millions of players unfortunately

Sadly that seems out of reach perhaps now at this hour in Y124

E-sports are symmetrical game match-ups, with prizes.

Whatever you could come up with, would be a spin-off game based on EVE and not do anything for the old game. That it probably wouldn’t be popular with the viewers is another consideration.

E-sports coverage won’t fix the game. It’s small diversion at best.

Solving the main problem involves inventing a new brake on wealth generation; one that is not based on tedium and bot-like repetition to exhaust the players, but something more creative.

1 Like

I got richer out of it

vOv guess I was playing wrong?

Tell all that to that arrogant knowitall CCP Rat-A-Titties.

He’s behind all that crap.

2 Likes

Won’t happen because Pearl Abyss’s agenda is to monetize the game out of greed…

Players are selfish they only want to fly Orthrus, Gila, Muninn and Battleships, but never anything sensibly inexpensive; T1 frigates, Cruisers or even Battlecruisers. So what do they do in protest? They refuse to give content to the game by not actually play it.

1 Like

Really? I had the impression everyone wanted to WRECK dreadnaughts and supercaps, and instead of fighting off a t1 frigate roamer, would dock or cloak until the frigate was gone, because engaging a t1 frig requires more brain then f1 monkeying a citadel or capital on FC’s orders, w/o SRP is more risky, and, and most importantly, won’t pad your zkillboard.

Remove caps

Yes. That old US Marine Corps ad that showed the forging of a sword would attract any 17 y/o guy with any grit.

They never learned to knit:

Good breacher stuff.

How is that selfish? Isn’t it a little ironic that you think that is selfish? It’s not really your business how other people play, is it?

Do any of you still play the game or have done in the past 4 years? They have tried the esports thing and it was/is a failure. The Arena thingy and tournaments that noone speaks about, but pops up on login to remind you it’s there.

the arena is relatively popular on twitch. streamers tend to get a few hundred viewers, which is decent for eve. the mining channels barely break a few dozen.

1 Like

There is always alliance tourney which has been very popular.