The summer has passed, but Eve has not returned to 40,000 concurent users

I am curious why you did the content three times?

Different character types, melee tank, melee dps and then mage.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, this is a good example of how the game itrigue players in playing it in different ways. This is an example of a game that ATTRACT players and does not FORCE.

This is a bad example of what Eve can do.
Eve is NOT based on the mmo-type where you play a story, build up your stuff and level and then you are done.

In Eve, there is a complete player-driven market, which relies on losing your stuff to make it worth farming for. You can’t compare a game where you just respawn on death to a game where you lose your stuff on death.

Comparing the two is just ridiculous. Many mmo I tried had pvp-servers, where you can lose some stuff when dying. Eve is a pvp-pvp-server where you always lose your stuff. That’s the selling point of Eve : you lose stuff so what you do is always worth and more expensive does not mean better.
If you want to make a comparison, compare Eve to other lose-all-on-death games.

I know that. But that is mayor conceptual flaw in Eve. Till now it was compesated by bribing big coorps and some kind of players, but in this phase where Eve HAVE to be profitable and that bribing is not possible any more and Eve will have to remove conceptual errors.

There is writing on the wall, eneryone know that, but noone have balls to do it.

prove it. Until then it’s just the selling point.
Gimme another mmo with a stable market after such a long time.

So the water stops leaving the bucket yes?

And yet…

It made it impractical to hunt players.

It’s removal is what lead to the proliferation of large wardec groups hub humping.

I too have asked for tougher pve in general. I don’t criticise ccp for giving it some badly needed touch ups or trying out different ways to see what works. But i do know that whatever pve they make, no matter how good it is, will eventually become tedious, repetitive and exploited by the players. Ultimately pve is there to facilitate pvp either by making players vulnerable to pvp or giving them resources to use in pvp. It’s not a long term game plan. So to me it is unsustainable to use massive amounts of dev work into constantly making new pve all the time. Keep it simple, relevant and time proof where possible.

1 Like

It was planed to to be only few titans ingame, long time ago it was a war to prevent one corporation from building a titan.
In silence, we came to the situation that CCP allowed the coroporation to make titan fleets in a row and did not feel the losses of the whole titanium fleet. Contrary to the fact that a regular player who lost Gill has felt that loos badlly.

How we came to that situation ?

BY FIXING GAME PARAMETERS IN FAVOR OF BIG CORPORATIONS!

1 Like

please make your post in an meaningful way.

I asked you what other mmo you know, that have a stable market.

Who said that ?

Yeah sure people stopped hunting cap in NS and now wnat to hunt them in HS.
What made wardecs go in hubs is CONCENTRATION OF PLAYERS THERE.

Just like you ask why to heal patient, when all other people will die and where are immortals ???

Absolutely touching.

I can almost imagine there wasn’t a dry eye in the crowd.

Thank you for your beautiful words.

And for serving Umokka in my absence.

roses are red, hibiscus is white, your post is nonsense, I expected you to reply.

edit : found out iris is not white.

I just started a Magsorc after stumbling around for a while in ESO. I’m hoping it goes better with this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. So let’s break it down.

What’s the purpose of plugging a hole in a bucket?

Dread-on, March… dead on.

Now, if all these attempts increase player loss instead of prevent it… are we plugging holes or making holes?

My argument has been that all these changes, starting with making profession systems off limits, made holes instead of plugged them.

That pve content doesn’t have to be great when it’s done in the same field with PvP that’s generating stories worthy or retell.

That the possibilities of PvP elevate the pve and adds infinite possibilities to our futures.

That noobs need to see and experience PvP in their first couple weeks of the game if we want any hope of retaining them.

…

1 Like

It’s not doing a very good job though is it?

Chicken, road ?

Dude you just can’t make a correct point.

I told you already, removing the holes of a bucket does not magically make it full. It actually reduces the loss.

know what? Buy a bucket. Make small holes. Put water in it. Then plug the biggest hole. Does the bucket gets filled ? No. It does not work that way.

A good job at what ? selling ?

I think Daichi is implying that “hole plugging” as an activity often correlates to a goal of “leak stopping”.

But that our bucket seems to be losing water faster now and maybe your technique installed another hole instead of a plug.

We specifically requested a plug.

So it’s meant to have reduced the loss of players yes?

And yet…nope. It hasn’t.

Talking about me not making a correct point, but have you even checked player activity? Maybe you should.

Just because there is still a hole does not mean you did not plug one.
Yet I would like to know what are those numbers of your about “player activity” that indicates there is another bigger hole created by the wardec changes.