Theology Council Restructuring

I like to think King Khanid saw how wayward and liberal the Theology Council had already become and decided the Faith would be best preserved if he remained outside its influence for a while. Hopefully, Aga-Count Chakaid will return that venerable body to orthodoxy.

Nauplius. I will smack you so much. I have seen the King, and you have not. Neither of us speaks for him and you ought especially not even try.

2 Likes

…how the hell is this man still walking free? I realize that things work differently in the Amarr Empire and Khanid Kingdom, but considering the rather disturbing evidence I’m now wondering why a group of large humorless men in uniform haven’t shown up at his doorstep and “politely” informed him that the Kingdom’s Ministry of Internal Order needed the answers to some rather pointed questions.

Wait, you’ve met the King? What did he say to you?

Have you heard of a man called Dochuta Karsoth? We don’t refer to him by that name anymore, he’s gone down in history as the “Blood Chamberlain”. You’re welcome to find out why, and then ask yourself again just how “outlandish” these suspicions are.

Trust me, we’re all just as baffled. It’s not something easily discussed here though. Participants tend to get a Deathglow-laced brick thrown into their windows the next day.

8 Likes

Quite the contrary, some of us do.

weluuw bhadhtatun

Though I’d add that those who feel they are working on bettering the situation through diplomatic means - as surely there will be some to rebut - are incredibly naive to think that anything less than direct action would suffice… Scalpels don’t lend themselves well to amputations…

How is this at all baffling…? It’s the same as any form of corruption: a web of lies in which the very people who are put in place to prevent such things have an interest in seeing them through…

EDIT: To re-focus on the theology council restructuring itself - I await with bated breath to be proven wrong in the assertions that the Empire is, at this point, far from performing just or righteous actions… In fact, I’ll gladly eat my words if the restructuring is at all positive and not lending itself to further appeasement of wretches like Chakaid…

He did not speak to me. I hold no title. I was only there in attendance to support the cause of Lord Kithrus Crases, which at the time he did not find suitable.

As it stands, he is the direct representative of King Khanid himself. Once he can no longer style himself as such, I think I would come to agree with your opinion. But as has been mentioned elsewhere, he retains his position, which implies tacit approval on the part of King Khanid of his words and actions. And as the Khanid Kingdom is an absolutist regime, if the King approves, the Kingdom approves.

2 Likes

I think she more meant ‘of the Kingdom’s people’, rather than the political heirarchy.

1 Like

Has anyone cared to ask the Khanid people whether they feel represented by Mr. Chakaid, whether personally or merely by dint of being named King’s plenipotentiary? Last time I checked Ms. Ramijozana was not part of it.

1 Like

I am proud to be represented by the illustrious Aga-Count Chakaid.

And that says all one needs to know about him.

7 Likes

Yes, has anyone asked the obedient subjects of an absolute authoritarian government whether or not they approve of the performance of a warclone nobleman who has been known to use artillery bombardments on civilian population centers as a response to dissent? I’m sure that would get honest and deeply-felt responses that will provoke a sincere bit of soul-searching on behalf of the King…

“Do you approve of the actions of Aga-Count Chakaid?”
“Of course!”
“And you’re not just saying that because he has a history of indiscriminately killing millions of his own people when they get disobedient, and you’re worried that if you dare breathe a word of discontent, you, your family, and everyone you’ve ever known will be killed?”
“No no, of course not. Nobody would worry about a thing like that…”

Last time I checked, not a single capsuleer here truly qualifies. Even people like Loai are, by mere virtue of her economic mobility and pilot’s license cloning contracts, removed from facing the same concerns to an often-overlooked degree.

There’s a reason our home nations basically cut us out of civil and political life as much as they can.

4 Likes

Well, the thing about self-determination is that you cannot self-determine someone else. So, if the Khanid here don’t object to Chakaid, who do the non-Khanid who do object think would be a better representative of the Khanid people, and why? And your point is well taken that as capsuleers all the discussants here, Khanid or not, are relatively insulated from the consequences of their political opinions.

However when you say

I can assure you I fully intend to exercise my civil and political rights by voting in the next Gallente Presidential election.

And your vote will potentially have as much political impact as most of the ranting on these forums does.

That’s nice. About the only redeeming feature of Gallente mob rule is that those in power have more ability to influence the idiot masses to tell them to do what they already want to do than you do.

The dead on Kahah, because they made their honest opinions known.

Did they?

The Blood Raiders bombed them with a weaponized hallucinogen. The Kingdom suppressed the chaos with artillery fire. Maybe in between someone managed to make it political somehow, but really it doesn’t feel like the dead got to say much about what they really thought.

2 Likes

Yes. Their opinion is: “I’m dead.”

As an opinion “better representative of the Khanid people,” that’s either absurd or … pretty dark, Arrendis. Or both.

It’s about the only reliably honest polling you can get from the Kingdom.