This forum is brutal

What do You expect. This forum is just another form of social media just like twitter.

1 Like

No wonder my dad forbade me to go on Twitter.

1 Like

your dad is a wise man

2 Likes

That’s a good thing. Twitter is full of sociopath, idiots, retards, and other scum. I know, I was there. Almost as bad as video games.

3 Likes

Then there is no discussion, no exchange of ideas? Is it only “agree with me or you’re blocked” ?

1 Like

Is Twitter like Discord? Because I hate Discord.

Many playstyles and agenda’s in Eve Especially on the forums, but as a community out in the real world, we are actually quite solid. I would say of all the MMO’s out there nothing compares to the Eve community in breadth and scope. We have plex for good, broadcast for reps and approachable devs (most of the time that is) meet up’s all over the world (before covid lockdowns started). At the moment I’m narked at CCP and have unsubbed but as one poster put it “you’ll be back” I will, the game is nothing but addictive and I have invested nearly ten yr into the game. So hang in there and don’t take to heart anything that is posted on the forums (it’s another part of the meta).

Fly safe fella and keep well o7.

Yes. I always do what my dad says. He’s smarter than anyone I’ve met yet.

2 Likes

of course not … Discord is full of 15 years old psychopaths
and Twitter …
wait…

1 Like

Maybe he should join the forums!

2 Likes

But don’t worry. In this forum we are toxic against each other game play and in game ideas but we are not toxic against the person.

2 Likes

There tends to be 2 major factions on the forums, those that wish to “farm” in peace and those who prey on them.

One of those groups is playing the game in the way that CCP intended from the beginning, the other is not.

There is a middle ground, which is occupied by those that “farm” but accept that the nature of the game means that someone can attempt to stop them from doing so; the “farmers” tend to revile them and the people who prey on farmers tend to appreciate them.

Bear in mind that this is a broad brush that I’m painting with, and someone is bound to take umbrage at my post.

TL;DR the forums are very much an extension of the game, and according to CCP the game is a PvP game.

4 Likes

No, lol. He doesn’t play computer games. He likes shooting guns at the range and horseback riding. He only bought me this pc because I made him promise and he never breaks his promises.

1 Like

You should show him Red Dead Redemption 2, it’s basically a horse riding sim with gunplay, he doesn’t even have to leave the house :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

One doesn’t mean the other.

I have disagreed with people, insulted people and been insulted. And yet i have not been blocked by them or blocked them.

It’s possible to be adult enough to have both mudflinging and an exchange of ideas.

ooo, ‘umbrage!’ Fancy Nancy! I don’t take offense at your post, because I’m a farmer who accepts the risk of getting ganked while krabbing.

I’m sure someone can do that without throwing insults though, right?

3 Likes

Nah, I’m just old and I like to use oddball words on the forums; my proudest moment on the forums was using “defenestrated” in a post.

3 Likes

a amarr noble defenestrated a minmatar trash
and there was much rejoicing

1 Like

how can you defenestrate something which is not in a position of power or authority? :stuck_out_tongue: