This is how CCP and EVE ONLINE could make MORE MONEY

Put them all in low and NPCsov space. They’ll be “encouraged” by other players to try different areas of the game :slight_smile:

Yes your name tells everything one needs to know about you

People want to just play their game

Which is my whole point that you totally missed, the whole point is to let people play without being bothered.

I can think of 7 or 8 things that are shooting at enemy pve that are not missions.
When you won’t consume 80% of the content, then unsurprisingly, the content seems to run out pretty quickly.

The distinction between pvper and pveer is something that some people make up.

IMO a serpentis ded 10 is not much harder than an L4 mission, has bounties at least as good as L4 running and guarentees a 120m overseers effects box drop, and usually drops me a couple hundred mil in loot, and they are battleship relevant loot (and vindicators), so they are naturally things mission runners might like to get as rewards.

Reality is, as a pver, that is the content you’d like to do, but its gatewayed by perceived pvp, and that means effectively you are not a very good pver, because you let pvp prevent you from running it. Instead you are stuck crying to CCP to put more content in front of you.

If you start solving the reasons why pvp prevents you from doing all of the other content, you’ll find that

• the task is absorbing in its own right, and
  • you’ve set yourself your own mission and you don’t need an agent to feed it to you
  • you suddenly get access to a whole bunch of new content without CCP needing to treadmill it in front of you all the time.
  • some things like access to deds is solvable in more than 1 way.

Thankyou for letting my point out why CCP shouldn’t bother to treadmill the entire game for you.

3 Likes

EvE may have been around for 15 years, but Gadget is starting to wonder if the OP has…

–Bemused Gadget

3 Likes

Evidence please.

Stating it thrice does not necessarily make it true.

4 Likes

Looks like a request for more Bot friendly features.

1 Like

Which directly contradicts the basic concept of EVE, that player interaction is the core of the game. If you want a single-player game where you can level up your Raven without ever interacting with other players then EVE is not the game for you. And CCP can’t make it that game without destroying everything that EVE stands for, and losing all of the players who valued a player-interaction-focused sandbox game.

Adding level 5 missions to high sec space wont drastically change the game, it will hardly change it all.

Of course it will. It takes more content from space where player interaction is possible (lowsec/nullsec) and puts it in the space where player interaction is difficult to impossible, reducing the number of potential player interactions happening. After all, why do PvE content in nullsec when you can farm it in highsec with 100% safety and get the same profit?

And you know who it also changes the game for, in a very bad way? Good PvE players. When all the lazy and incompetent PvE farmers get access to level 5 missions with 100% safety and zero risk of failure it means that the supply of ISK and mission loot will increase, creating an inevitable drop in the value of mission rewards. If you’re a good PvE player the last thing you want is for PvE to be more accessible. Every incompetent PvE player that gets suicide ganked in highsec, or hunted down and slaughtered in nullsec, is a direct bonus to your income.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with any of the above.

Or you have a secondary “refuge” corporation to switch to until the war-dec expires, as deleting my corp would be a serious and wasteful PitA. What’s your point? Even doing that (which I’ve had to do) makes for a serious inconvenience.

Then you must be this King of the Universe - and pretty damn presumptuous (and worse!) to make idiotic assertions without any knowledge whereof you speak! I run missions (level 4, sometimes lower in a small ship just for kicks - have yet to really get into Anomics) and I explore around cosmic signatures for escalation/expeditions. Once in a very long while I decide to mine a little, but literally months go by between such. What are you implying with your above ignorant claim? Do you think that I’m some ganker in sheep’s clothing? Then you have no idea how wrong you are: I have LITERALLY NEVER (not once) attacked anyone in-game - that, in case you are unclear, includes but is not limited to ganking and jumping of any sort; in fact, I abhor that sort of “play” in general, and not just in EVE - as another example, I always thought it very poor how a cloaked assassin or ranger in Aion would get the drop on a PvEing player, waiting for the victim to be at his/her most vulnerable while fully engaged with NPCs and drawing their full aggro, and then exulting in a “win” - in my opinion, that “PvPist” is not truly a PvPer but only an auxiliary for those NPCs. You have no idea the ■■■■■■■ IRONY of your implication.

But here’s another thing: if you are living in such constant abject fear of being molested while mission-running, you are doing something wrong - or maybe I’m simply leading a charmed life, because in my experience, I have not had to keep looking over my shoulder all the time. Some basic common-sense precautions are all you need - unless you are missioning in low-sec, in which case you’re inviting the sort of trouble you condemn, and again have no-one but yourself to blame if you are jumped - as far as I’m concerned, missioning in low-sec is tantamount to consenting to PvP. But stay in high-sec or sovereign null-sec, and you can PvE on your own terms most of the time.

Just one more thing, more irony: in other threads, my views are quite frequently attacked by the very sort of player that you apparently think I am - oh, but this is comedy! For instance, I think that basic courtesy in-game is non-negotiable and hiding behind “role-playing” as an excuse for discourtesy and simple lack of decency is unacceptable - when I express such views I am al;l-but-guaranteed to get some [CENSORED] making an idiotic analogy comparing EVE to chess (if only they knew how little they understand that game, clearly - but I couldn’t be bothered to be the one to educate them, not my job :stuck_out_tongue: ) So to have someone insinuate what you have - that’s just priceless! But you are too wrapped up in your own blinkered view, and can’t conceive of the possibility that someone whose play style is likely similar to yours, could possibly disagree with you.

I’m sorry, but here I just have to say: have you consulted a mental health professional? Because that claim is simply delusional.

Right…

Wow, you really have a very high opinion of yourself. May I direct you to some food for thought:

At this point, I think it’s best for me to disengage and mute this thread before I am further nauseated, and before getting drawn into some kind of sparring match - I have MUCH more pleasant and productive ways to spend my time, after all. Bye-bye now.

2 Likes

So much this.

2 Likes

Research by CCP has shown that losing ships be that to ganking or any other form of aggression has no negative effect on new player retention and that ship loss is <1% when asked for a reason when people cancel their subscription.

Given this reality and the fact that there are posts like yours almost every day, odds are very high that YOU are actually part of the loud minority. A minority which can’t handle the game and would rather change it into something completely different than it is.

EVE had more players when it was far more dangerous in Highsec. Fact is that CCP nerfed unconsensual PvP over and over again until it almost vanished. This drove a lot of the content creators all over Highsec away and this is FAR MORE LIKELY to have caused part of the exodus, since the game just became a boring grind fest with no risk left for most people with a brain who take the 5min research to make their activity almost 100% secure.

However, I think this is only part of the problem and probably a minor one. Far more likely to have caused the drop in players is the fact that CCP made Nullsec even more boring than it managed to do with Highsec by removing long distance jumps and introducing Citadels which you can only kill if you play EVE as your job and don’t have any RL commitments. And then on top of it, if you kill it you don’t even get anything out of it since it has an automagic asset teleportation feature which just steals all your loot.

2 Likes

@OP what other companies you are a customer of, do you tell how to increase their profitability?

CCP seem to be doing fine on their own: http://marketsforisk.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/ccp-financial-statements-for-2016-review.html

So aside from “because I know”, what gives credibility to your advice? Do you have data? Qualifications? Experimental results from other games that are directly relatable?

I guess I just dont understand what actually backs up your claims and makes you worthy of CCP’s attention anymore than others with different, or even opposite ideas?

3 Likes

Yea. like the whole of Null Sec and everything in it huh ?

I did have a CODE alt at one time, but I haven’t ganked in about 2.5 years when I sold my ganker and closed the account. However, the constant whining from the “just one more nerf” crowd has me training up a new ganker alt lol. I don’t get to play much these days, but I am primarily a mission runner, with dabbling in industry and trade. I’m quite positive most if not all gankers have a main or alt that would benefit from making high sec more profitable, and I enjoyed selling new mining equipment to people I just ganked. :sunglasses:

High sec is plenty safe and profitable without your suggestions. CCP has made high sec safer over the years, but subs keep dropping. People play this game because it’s not a cookie cutter insta gratification themepark. The players they are chasing after will NEVER come to a game with perma asset loss. Honestly, they should stop trying, because they’re just driving away their base.

3 Likes

Your reasons are focused entirely around what you enjoy in the game and think could be improved. In this case. Missions.
Get real. The casual player isn’t where most of the money comes from, the long term player with 5+ omega accounts is.
If CCP want to make more money they need to make improvements game wide not just missions.
These types of long term loyal players come from all walks of life in the game, you can’t focus on missions and hope to make more from casual players coming in.

1 Like

Well, sweetie.

I wish you luck in finding that funding.
You know how, right?

You seem to magically know everything.

–Amused Gadget

4 Likes

If you actually knew, you’d have your own game company. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you’d have people throwing money at you to make a game.

Since none of these are true…

1 Like

Id love to know what game Id like. If I give you some parameters can you tell me?

2 Likes

You know I dont really care how much money CCP makes as long as they keep my favourite game the way it is. As I see it (I believe Im not the only one) Eve has been already made softer… You might want to read CCP Falcon’s message what is Eve about.

1 Like

Ego much? You don’t speak for the silent majority, you just assume that you do.

In the real world, you would be lumped in with the clueless, greedy and untrustworthy, also known as politicians and lawyers; they too are so far up their own backsides that they assume people want what they’re told they want.

Money, like certain fairy tales about an invisible bloke in the sky, is the root of all evil.

2 Likes

It appears certain video game developers also fit the criteria: