This isn't the cancer, it's the symptom

X to doubt

Lol…you don’t think this has any similarity with anything in Star Wars ??

And that sums up the majority of both franchises to you?

Oh they both have people in them too so they must be identical.

I suppose Baywatch is just like them too because theres people in it as well.

Even within your example the only similar thing is that something explodes in space.

So Apollo 13 is just like Star Wars, gotcha.

1 Like

Come off it…there is loads of crossover. The entire ‘destroy the death star’ thing…aim for the warp core reactor…the ‘bad guy’ somehow always escapes. Jean Luc Picard being assimilated…’ I am your father’ ( or mother, in the case of the Borg Queen ). They both have their Gandalf type ‘wizard’ characters…Q…Yoda. Endless repetition of tropes.

Baywatch ? Nope…have yet to see Captain Janeway take on the Borg in a bikini while being chased by a Megalodon. Though knowing the producers of Star Trek that’s probably in the next series :slight_smile:

Ok youve clearly never watched Star Trek.

Or Star Wars from the sounds of it.

I don’t know still there fundamentally different. Ones a film series with ongoing arcs the other TV series were everything is sorted by tea time . The established authorities are evil in one good in the other. They haven’t got that much in common except they both happen in space .

‘A long time ago, in a galaxy far away…’

…they look human, and speak remarkably good English.

So… not in the future and not in our galaxy.

Any other “similarities” you want to cite to prove you are talking utter bollocks?

Of course the details of the stories are not identical. But you are fundamentally missing the point that they are both branches off the same tree…in a manner no different to Dungeons and Dragons, Skyrim, and The Witcher all having very similar genes. You are just deliberately missing the point. But that’s par for the course here.

Oh do give over. Dr Who is a timelord who can go anywhere, any time. Why would he not appear in the Eve universe ? As for ‘future’…heck, they created an entirely alternate timeline for Star Trek. If that’s not messing with detailed ‘lore’…what is ? Star Trek lore is so messed up now, what with alternate realities and temporal police, that you could easily have Captain Janeway be Luke Skywalker’s daughter. Messing with time is the very definition of a lore eraser…and I’m all for it.

The real problem to be solved is, too much to do, in real time, maintaining the order of events.

You cant have all the 3, you can have 2. Take your pick.

This silly notion died with your con man Jimmy.

No “organization” can survive without leadership.

*I use the term organization VERY LOOSELY.

1 Like

They also speak more than 50 other languages since the movies were dubbed in just about every language on earth.
Maybe you had preferred that you couldn’t understand one word of dialogue to make it feel alien? How much money would such a movie make, where the audience can’t understand one word of dialogue?
how about The Witcher series then? Is that show crap because they speak English? Because you can’t tell me those people in the world of the Witcher would speak English, can you? What form of old English would they have spoken, if any? Certainly not Shakespearian English.

This forum doesn’t give you two minutes to edit a post… and we can only like so many posts per 24h…
ISD, why so tightwad?

Somebody call Elon Musk to fix editing.

We’re supposed to get 5 minutes to edit a post, not 2 minutes.
But that’s ok. Putting someone on Ignore doesn’t work either so my thread about this forum being broken is right on the money.
@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode

Demand a refund, SP will do for the trauma caused.

Only a fully-fitted Titan will heal that trauma… oh, and a moon, too.

the bored @tutucox_Khamsi NFT project will be worth millions :moneybag: :money_mouth_face: :dollar:

boredtutucox

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.