This Week in EVE #157 (June 17 - 23)

“This week in EVE” is a weekly overview of EVE Online related news and events. The previous overview is here. Blue text links to further information.

The current “This week in EVE” gives an overview of week from June 17 to 23

Iconic Ships Reimagined - The Minmatar Rupture

One of the most famous and iconic ships, the Minmatar Rupture, gets a redesign! Check out CCP Pointy Bits’ blog and discover the redesign process.

1. Research: Check out the history of the ship and its design
  • Get a feel: Work with initial sketches and improve
  • Iterate: Create blockouts and iterate on them
  • Stay true to the soul of the ship: Incorporate the racial and ship specific details
  • Variations: Tech-2 variants can be wilder and crazier

Check out the fantastic new Rupture!

##Final weekend of the Rogue Swarm Alert event - Now or never!

Alpha and Omega: It is now or never! Fight the new Rogue Swarm sites during the final weekend and reap the rewards.

• End: June 27 at (11:00 UTC)
  • Where: EVE Universe (Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec, Wormholes)
  • What: Find and eliminate Rogue Swarm Nests
  • Rewards: PLEX, Accelerator (+10 attributes for 24 hours), SKINs and more
  • The Accelerator expires on June 29 at 23:59:59 UTC

Have fun and get rich!

Introducing the new EVE Online Forums

We have new EVE Forums!

• Fresh, new interface with improved functionality: Polls, posts editable by everyone (wiki), images
  • Revisited forum rules + more relaxed moderation: 9 rules (instead of previously 34)
  • SSO Logon: Simply use your EVE logon and select the character you want to post with Feedback thread
  • Based on Discourse
  • Previous forums to read-only archive on July 20

We are still working on improvements and tweaks. Let us know what you need and what is missing!

#EVEathon – 72 Charity EVE streaming - Incredible Community results!

15 famous EVE streamer were broadcasting EVE Online non-stop for 72 hours on June 16-18 … for charity! Now, after a fantastic weekend, the results are in.

• Community donations: >US-$ 25.000
  • Largest single donation: US-$ 1337
  • Additional CCP contribution: US-$ 10.000
  • Stream replays: #EVEathon 2017 archive
  • Charity: Able Gamers

EVE Community, best community!

Coalitions in EVE: The world of diplomacy in EVE can be extremely exciting. Stay up to date: who is working together with whom, and who are they up against? Check out the coalition overview on dscan.me and the according coalition map!

Players from The Discourse are upping their RP News game! Watch their latest video about the Rogue Swarm Alert! Also, check out the impressive content of the Discourse Community Hub.

How to survive a massacre: Now we know how it feels to survive not only one, but two massive ambushes! Fantastic images from the battle of Seshala between Goonswarm and NC. / PL on June 20 where more than 220 billion ISK got destroyed.

Skillpoints, that were not gained during the accidental skill queue pause, will get reimbursed next week. We are currently working on finalizing the update process. Stay tuned!

For the July release we will revamp of Tech-3 cruisers, including a reduction in subsystems and a balance pass. A first version of these changes is now available on the test server. Check them out and let us know what you think!

Multi Character Training (MCT) allows you to concurrently train multiple character on the same account. You get 15% discount on MCT - but only until June 27! Don’t wait any longer.

A first version of Project Discovery – Exoplanets is now live on the test server Singularity. This is a very exciting step. Please check it out and let us know what you think about this first version! Learn more about Exoplanet research with Prof. Mayor at EVE Fanfest 2017. A preview thanks to Eyondawn.

We are working on our next live event for July named “Welcome to The Agency”. Check out the Singularity test server and get a first impression of this exciting event. Please let us know what you think, we are eager for your feedback. Remember, this is a first test version and not final at all!

Watching live streams of EVE Online is fun! It can also help you learning some tips and tricks. Currently our fabulous volunteers are compiling a list of EVE streamers, have a look!

Coming in hot! Adan Dimaloun with an awesome video from the battle of Seshala. Astounding!

9 Likes

“This Week in EVE” looks different(maybe better) now.

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work that so many at CCP obviously did in creating the new forums that everyone can now enjoy. And for providing such a massively fantastic Eve universe for anyone to travel around in to anywhere we choose and do anything that we want to, limited only by our imagination and by our own individual abilities. Thanks CCP, you all are the greatest

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll have a busy few weeks with everything that is dropping on sisi at the moment.

I decided that it is time to change the format up a bit and make it more accessible (while not losing the core part).

Also, with the new forums it is also much easier to see which links have been clicked most and thus determining what kind of content is most popular and what things are not really of interest to anyone.

Of course it is always good to see your feedback:

• What do you want to see more?
  • What can be skipped?
  • General comments and feedback
3 Likes

Thanks again Phantom. Apprecaite these reviews of the week.

1 Like

Happy to see @Rose_Knightley getting some recognition for fantastic space photography!

3 Likes

Rose does amazing space photography, it is great to see the photos in there this week :smiley:

2 Likes

100% agreed.

loving the new “This Week in EVE” and forums :slight_smile: Thanx .

Wooho Awsome new forum guys :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

It’s an Honor to see my work showcased this week!
That was a lot of fun (and scary) to take pics of hehe.

1 Like

good job its not easy taking pic in the middle of a battle, I always for get to :stuck_out_tongue:

i am waiting for the green skin of machariel

1 Like

How will skillpoints be calculated? At atributes from pause or present atributes? I lost +3 set after some time from pause so I don’t know how many SP I’ll get :slight_smile:

you do quite a bit of work with these updates already. If you’re asking though what I really like about dev posts is image headers for different topics. Cool pictures make me want to click more.

1 Like