“This week in EVE” is a weekly overview of EVE Online related news and events. The previous overview is here. Blue text links to further information.
The current “This week in EVE” gives an overview of week from June 17 to 23
One of the most famous and iconic ships, the Minmatar Rupture, gets a redesign! Check out CCP Pointy Bits’ blog and discover the redesign process.
- Research: Check out the history of the ship and its design
- Get a feel: Work with initial sketches and improve
- Iterate: Create blockouts and iterate on them
- Stay true to the soul of the ship: Incorporate the racial and ship specific details
- Variations: Tech-2 variants can be wilder and crazier
Check out the fantastic new Rupture!
##Final weekend of the Rogue Swarm Alert event - Now or never!
Alpha and Omega: It is now or never! Fight the new Rogue Swarm sites during the final weekend and reap the rewards.
- End: June 27 at (11:00 UTC)
- Where: EVE Universe (Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec, Wormholes)
- What: Find and eliminate Rogue Swarm Nests
- Rewards: PLEX, Accelerator (+10 attributes for 24 hours), SKINs and more
- The Accelerator expires on June 29 at 23:59:59 UTC
Have fun and get rich!
- Fresh, new interface with improved functionality: Polls, posts editable by everyone (wiki), images
- Revisited forum rules + more relaxed moderation: 9 rules (instead of previously 34)
- SSO Logon: Simply use your EVE logon and select the character you want to post with Feedback thread
- Based on Discourse
- Previous forums to read-only archive on July 20
We are still working on improvements and tweaks. Let us know what you need and what is missing!
15 famous EVE streamer were broadcasting EVE Online non-stop for 72 hours on June 16-18 … for charity! Now, after a fantastic weekend, the results are in.
- Community donations: >US-$ 25.000
- Largest single donation: US-$ 1337
- Additional CCP contribution: US-$ 10.000
- Stream replays: #EVEathon 2017 archive
- Charity: Able Gamers
EVE Community, best community!
Coalitions in EVE: The world of diplomacy in EVE can be extremely exciting. Stay up to date: who is working together with whom, and who are they up against? Check out the coalition overview on dscan.me and the according coalition map!
How to survive a massacre: Now we know how it feels to survive not only one, but two massive ambushes! Fantastic images from the battle of Seshala between Goonswarm and NC. / PL on June 20 where more than 220 billion ISK got destroyed.
For the July release we will revamp of Tech-3 cruisers, including a reduction in subsystems and a balance pass. A first version of these changes is now available on the test server. Check them out and let us know what you think!
Multi Character Training (MCT) allows you to concurrently train multiple character on the same account. You get 15% discount on MCT - but only until June 27! Don’t wait any longer.
A first version of Project Discovery – Exoplanets is now live on the test server Singularity. This is a very exciting step. Please check it out and let us know what you think about this first version! Learn more about Exoplanet research with Prof. Mayor at EVE Fanfest 2017. A preview thanks to Eyondawn.
We are working on our next live event for July named “Welcome to The Agency”. Check out the Singularity test server and get a first impression of this exciting event. Please let us know what you think, we are eager for your feedback. Remember, this is a first test version and not final at all!
Watching live streams of EVE Online is fun! It can also help you learning some tips and tricks. Currently our fabulous volunteers are compiling a list of EVE streamers, have a look!
Coming in hot! Adan Dimaloun with an awesome video from the battle of Seshala. Astounding!