To Citizens and Capsuleers of Caldari State in regard to Protests caused by Pirate Subversion

Are you saying, if the Monk will actually show you an icon with “true” (as he would claim) face of the God, you would believe him for the lack of actual proof it’s not?
Even if the painting would resemble some sort of rather famous but indecent gallentean exotic dancer?

Because, really, for us imagining Lai Dai behaving as depicted on that fake is about same as for you imagining the God to look like gallente indecent exotic dancer.

If you ever had any credibility, that is the end of it.

1 Like

I could. Perhaps by getting Fatal to testify that he didn’t write that note, or maybe exposing the video as a fabrication.

Well, yeah, there is. The credibility is based on how reasonable the proof is. And just because something is out of character does not mean the proof is unreasonable.

How so? Look, your example is borderline stupid, and the judge would throw it out of court for being idiotic. But the video itself looks reasonable. The way the courts work is they review the evidence presented. It looks good, excellent, it is admissible. It looks stupid, it gets thrown out. That’s it. It looks to me like your opposition to the video is based on who is releasing it. Let me put it this way - if a Caldari citizen were to come forward and release such a video, what would be the response? Would you be more accepting of it?

Why is that? I established a colony for my people in an uninhabited system. Yes, it lies in Gurista space. So? At least I’m away from the reach of my brother, who has shown himself to be willing to KIDNAP people to get to me. And yes, I do sympathize with the Guristas - they are people let down by their society who have formed their own little society, one that is more accepting. That doesn’t mean I agree with everything they do though.

They are pirates and criminals, whose main objection to society is that they can’t kill their neighbor and take his stuff.

2 Likes

Please explain to me how the video is reasonable. What motivation could Lai Dai ever have to kill off its own workforce? Why would they disperse a non-violent protest that would have almost certainly dispersed on its own after the anniversary of the Battle of Caldari Prime with lethal force?
Then, in case you parrot that this was about “scaring people into obedience”, going on to deny that this ever happened?

Perhaps they never planned to kill the protesters. After all, they did use stun batons first, before switching to blasters. Perhaps Lai Dai was trying to disperse the protests, and someone on the ground got frustrated by the protesters’ stubbornness and decided to fire off a few shots, scare everyone. And then the other Lai Dai troops began firing into the crowd. If that is true, then Lai Dai would try to cover it up to excuse their incompetence.
Or Lai Dai could have been trying to scare people. They could’ve used lethal force to send a message. People would hear of the massacre through rumors and gossip, but rumors, especially unsubstantiated rumors, are easy to counter. All Lai Dai would have to do is issue a statement. After all, there would be no proof to the contrary, though rumors would still persist. But, someone was able to record the incident, and the recording was obtained and released by the Guristas.

Rumors? This is a subterranean mining colony on a barren, lifeless planet, and one under quarantine at that. Kind of hard to keep something like this from leaking.

Sure, it’ll leak. But there’d be no proof, just gossip and rumors. And Lai Dai could say, “Nope, never happened. They were misinformed.” And the quarantine would make it even harder for the rumors to spread. If the video was never released, it is likely that we would never have heard about the massacre.

I don’t know how things are in your alleged holdings, but I think you will be extremely hard pressed to find a citizen in the State that possesses no means of recording video on them at all times. Again, the fact that there is only one video available, and that is with Guristas live commentary, is suspect in and of itself.

I thought the point was for rumors to spread?

This whole idiotic narrative relies on Lai Dai performing the most convoluted and perfectly controlled balancing act of having information spread and not spread at the same time. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

I feel that you all lose some interesting detail: it’s a lowsec system in the far end of Lonetrek. Megacorps are not so nice there… While Guristas are always close.

Also. I saw much ■■■■ in my home, not so far from this frontier, I saw much ■■■■ in my days with Directorate. I’ll choose to be cynical: too few corporates give a ■■■■ about Honor and can do whatever they please. After all, why otherwise many respect Wiyrkomi so much?

And Ishanoya-haani… Rem, you say all this like if they all are perfectly reasonable. But Alakoni Ishanoya not once demonstrated her… Impulsiveness. Hates Gallente, but after some pressure from Amarr agreed to add her voice for opening borders with Federation after the end of Kyonoke Outbreak; sent troops for pillaging Intaki Prime and then attended inauguration of Celes Aguard, smiling at new president… I wouldn’t be surprised if in fact she have totally nothing against supressing riots with force because, oh, who dare to ask authority and right of corporates?

With all due respect, Ms. Sato, I will ask you to keep your misinformation in check, lest you wish to imply that Ishukone sympathizes with the Guristas. I will agree with TNR’s assessment that protesting non-violently is a civil right, but to sow misinformation during a time like this is a direct attack on the State, not just your competition.

Firstly, why Ishukone? Yes, I have Ishukone citizenship, but that doesn’t mean that I in any capacity translate opinion of this megacorp.

Secondly, why sympathize? I simply ask questions.
Yes, PKN is our bunch of scumbags and I even like them but if it will turn out that they really decided “screw the State, we’ll go our own way”… Inacceptable.

Wouldn’t think so, but as an employee under them you are doing them a disservice by parroting piratical propaganda just to antagonize the PKN. The State is mobilized to face any threats that may come following the Republic and the Federation’s illegal attacks on our ally, and you think that sowing division by even entertaining this ridiculous narrative, in public no less, is a good idea?

If they wanted to do something this dumb, would they be killing their own employees? Use your head.

I am unsurprised by the actions of Lai Dai.

I do not forget that Tibus Heth rose to power due to footage of his fellow workers being gunned down by Home Guard troopers. It was also Tibus Heth who tried to send in Provist death squads to quell protests by Ishukone workers.

The Caldari State is built on the foundations of blood spilled by its citizens – not by foreign adversaries but by the corporate regimes who will gladly trade innocent lives if it secures the power of their continued rule.

2 Likes

It was also Tibus Heth who tried to send in Provist death squads to quell protests by Ishukone workers.

Ah, how neat. And of course this had nothing to do with the gallente agents which infiltrated megacorps back then.

But sure, it’s this day again. Well, I can only wonder, would we be saved from this great embarassement if there would be single guiding hand above Megas in such trying times… If only, if only.

And to you, Ms. Malitia

If they wanted to do something this dumb, would they be killing their own employees? Use your head.

Why not? It’s simply that then people will think twice before going against powers that be. What is a hundred of people when you have trillion?

And know what? Sure, there’s hot situation abroad and we must be prepared. And that’s exactly why I speak all this! Rot and weakness certanly doesn’t help in defence.

… Hm. But I must admit: Lai Dai at least stated that they investigate all this “information terrorism”. So who knows, maybe soon we will see something interesting from them.

It’s not purely a question of human resources, but corporate loyalty. I don’t know how things operate in Ishukone, but last time I checked peace and loyalty are not enforced under threat of death. Again, there is absolutely no way this could not have leaked, would you say that losing personnel and breaking up a transient, non-violent protest is worth jeopardizing everyone’s loyalty to your megacorporation? Would they risk such tremendous dishonor and internal strife to get rid of such a minor inconvenience?

This is not rot nor weakness, this is an external threat spreading misinformation, and you are playing straight into their hands by entertaining their ideas. You want to help strengthen the State against potentially imminent war? Reject these lies and help restore order.

Except the CEP denied those claims. Would the CEP lie to its own people in order to save face? Probably. However my point was the State has a long and documented history of murdering its own civilians when they protest the authorities which makes Lai Dai doing so now unsurprising.

So trying to cast doubt on the veracity of the footage released by the Guristas conveniently ignores all those other times State corporations did what was shown: the killing of civilians by corporate security forces. It is not an isolated incident.

1 Like

Psssst. The ‘dear’ is a salutory descriptive. It should be ‘Dear Commander Kimmie’.

Yarr harr, keep protesting piratelings! Steal all the rum!

1 Like