To end The War

Then you and I don’t differ at all, I don’t think, Arrendis.

I just don’t think your idea (Miz’s idea) is the right one. I don’t think it’s effective. I don’t think it will protect people. I think it will drive a spike in the pattern-- repeatedly, bloodily, as often as it takes. I think your best-case scenario is for everyone to ignore the idea, instead of trying to ignore someone who’s fully willing to do what it takes to draw attention to his cause.

I think you’re wrong. And have been wrong. And continue to be wrong. … Not morally (although I might question the morality of pursuing a futile course of action leading to horrors as the “right thing to do”), but … just wrong.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been involved to the degree I was. There were some dynamics I thought were in play that I plainly misinterpreted; that, I’ll concede-- but that understanding’s a product of hindsight and new information. And maybe some good came of it anyway.

Anyhow, the whole thing’s tangled up, now; I don’t think the old dynamics are at work anymore, definitely not as they were. Everything’s more complicated.

I’m not as good a person as sometimes I want. But in that? … that was me being my best, most hopeful self. I could have paid a heavy price for that. What I got away with was pretty light, considering.

I was thinking what sort of person the Praefecta would want me to be, even if she wouldn’t want me to put myself at risk that way. And so I started on a path, and I walked until I couldn’t.

Others will have to take it from here. Maybe you’ll even be one. But for my part? I’m done.

I don’t regret the part I played. I did what I could with what I had.

It’s enough.

2 Likes

That’s fine. I know you feel that way, Aria. I just disagree.

2 Likes

Evil does not become good by wearing a pretty face, Capsuleer Pech.

2 Likes

As a counterpoint, I have found that a pretty face helps in a lot of cases.

3 Likes

Poor Aria. A little (OK, more than a little) misguided love for slaves and everyone thinks she’s terrible.

I mean, she is going to answer to a holy and righteous God at the Judgement for her slave-loving, but that might be better described as tragic, not terrible.

I hereby declare @Nauplius The basest warlord also he has 8000 concubines

1 Like

I do not have any concubines.

1 Like

Your fiancé.

2 Likes

Your collection of frozen corpses.

4 Likes

I don’t think fiancée is synonymous with concubine.

1 Like

It is when they lower themselves to be with someone like him.

… and the woman was an actual concubine, anyway.

7 Likes

Eh, he’s happy. Who am I to judge happiness? Maybe she’s happy too. Who knows?

3 Likes

He doesn’t deserve happiness.

7 Likes

You never know. Happiness can reduce the violent acts of people.

2 Likes

Unless they helped to achieve that happiness. Then they just inspire more.

1 Like

Oh for the love of…

1. What he deserves is to be torn apart every single ligament and body part at a time. And I’d suggest someone do that if I weren’t worried he’d enjoy it. We’re talking about a person who willingly and knowingly tortures people because his imaginary friend says so.

2. To end a war is easy. Stop fighting.

Can we wrap this ■■■■ up now please?

2 Likes

There is only one guaranteed path to peace. Surrender. Are you willing to do that?

1 Like

If surrender were to be a guaranteed path to anything, it would be victor’s justice. Which, in turn, hardly involves any justice and most certainly doesn’t ensure lasting peace, unless the loser is physically exterminated.

I sincerely hope none involved are willing to go that far.

1 Like

You people are too easy to wind up. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not at war with anyone at the moment. But yes, sometimes surrender is the only viable option, if only to rise up again later. Weigh all the options.

It’s more like that this is so done and dusted regurgitated vomit, it is not even funny anymore.
And I ask again, can we just wrap this ■■■■ up please?

2 Likes