To end The War

This is assuming you are to be taken seriously in the first place. I’d sooner pay attention to a rubber missile.

4 Likes

You with your missiles, as well as your inane opinions about me will never be taken more seriously.
Go play with your toys somewhere else, and let adults talk without your meaningless interjections.

Excuse me, Mr. Nomistrav, I didn’t notice your reply at first after spam of all these fools who are so annoyed that I am right that they descend to insults and lies about me.

When we have the enemy, attacking us, we shall imply they are attacking in order to kill these State Citizens. And thus our duty is to protect these State Citizen from gallente. How many deaths are acceptable? It’s hard to estimate and give exact numbers, I can only say, that if you kill as many friendlies as gallente would kill if their attack would succeed, than such operation wouldn’t be a victory, it would be a failure and unprofessional conduct.

Yes, as a soldiers we are expected to die for the State. But it isn’t our duty to die, or to make our citizens to die. Our duty is to make enemies to die for their Federation. But the deaths are inevitable, and in order to eliminate the threat and made the enemy unable to fight, sacrifices shall be made. It’s just if you will sacrifice too many, it will be your turn to drink the tea.

As for the Doomsday weapon… it is still just a weapon, and as any weapon it does have instruction, and it does have aiming system. If you will start shooting it in all the directions, of course, that will bring “death that is indiscriminate”. A professional soldier should know, how to point a weapon.

Theoretically it can be done this way. You make an estimation of survival probability depending on the distance from the epicentre P(r), estimation of the density of hostile troops Dh(x,y), estimation of density of allies and civilians Df(x,y) and you construct from them an operator H that turns vector |x,y> into |h,f> ( H|x,y> = |h,f>), where x and y are coordinates on the map (or latitude and longitude), and h with f - estimated casualties among enemies and allies with civilians respectively. Now all you need is to run an optimization task to give such x and y, so h will be the highest with lowest f. Even your board computer is capable to do such a job.

Unfortunately, on practice, it goes usually like that. “HQ, we have been overrun by the enemy and can’t hold any longer! Fire on our position!”

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

…You just realize you’ve said his opinions of you will never be taken MORE seriously? Meaning Dav’s opinions of you will be taken more seriously than any have in the past? If you remove the “more,” your point would make better sense.

1 Like

Than mine.

Well, I think it’s been proven on many an occasion that people think very little of your “opinions.”

2 Likes

Not people.
Now, begone and spew your bile somewhere else, angel.

Nope, because you don’t own me or the IGS. I can speak where I like and how I like.

And I am most certainly not your angel, love bug.

2 Likes

Will be mine as soon as I put handcuffs on you.

No, Kim, that is not how doomsdays work. It’s in the name for spirits sake.

Doomsday.

The End of the World.

You can point it at whatever specific scrap of ground you like, and you will utterly destroy that area. You will also obliterate the rest of the planet along with it.

2 Likes

Kinky

5 Likes

Bring it on, baby.

2 Likes

It is still just a weapon. Powerful, but just a weapon, that has some limits of destruction it causes. And it’s just a name, it isn’t a “**** everything everywhere” button.

I’m not sure why you’re using “it’s just a weapon” as an argument?

Someone could design a device that opens a wormhole inside the corona of a star and a connecting link above a populated world. Sure, the surface would be scorched by radiation and superheated plasma, but hey, it’s just a weapon, right? Sure, it could potentially be used to kill any planet, anywhere, any time, but hey, it’s just a weapon right?

Doomsday weapons are designed to ■■■■ up whatever they’re pointed at in a way it can’t come back from.

The activation of the Shiigeru’s Oblivion would most likely have killed every living person on Caldari Prime (one way or another) and redered the side of the planet it impacted on uninhabitable.

3 Likes

Please see the above post. It references an instance of a Doomsday being fired at a planet from low orbit.

4 Likes

Tell that to the Jin-Mei. Whose homeworld of Tei-Su was renamed Chandeille after first contact with the Federales.

2 Likes

This just in: Diana Kim refuses to listen to anyone but herself. More at eleven.

8 Likes

Madam Kim, I assure you that the value of a human life is far more than can be simply measured, let alone by an algorithm. Whereas the operator sees only numbers, the recipient of the end of life knows none. Death is personal; relative. In many cultures, death is considered ultimate. To handwave away someone else’s life as merely a variable in a system is foolhardy, for we cannot measure the value of one life against any other.

Furthermore, we cannot estimate what has not happened. You say that a Doomsday is a weapon, and a weapon can be precise, but there is little precision in a weapon that glasses the earth, irradiates the air, and sourers the water. Set aside your differences with Madam Priano, and understand that she references a quote made by none other than The Caldari Navy itself in that the Shigeru’s Doomsday would have killed everyone on the planet, regardless of faction or creed.

But it is more than that - it is not just the value of human life at stake. It is the very essence of the Caldari lifeblood and home: Caldari Prime. To what was all of this violence worth if the Shigeru’s mission of securing the planet in the name of the State if it was to be used to glass the planet and everyone occupying it, Caldari or Gallente? Trust me when I say that I as an Intaki feel great pride in my home planet of Intaki Prime, and it pains me so to see it in the middle of the warzone, but I would never accept the total annihilation of the planet and her people as an alternative to letting it fall to enemy occupancy.

This is at the core of the controversy, Madam Kim. It is not just the lives of State Citizens whom - as you say - would be willing to give their lives. It is not just the planet of Caldari Prime and her cold mountains. It is the fact that Tibus Heth ordered the planet destroyed and all that the Caldari have fought for be in vain solely to keep his enemy from having it. It was never about killing more Gallente than Caldari, it was about keeping the Gallente from ever having it again, regardless of circumstance, and that meant that every Caldari Loyalist who fought for it died in vain.

I sincerely hope you can see the foolishness in this.

2 Likes

STOP TYPING MASSIVE POSTS IN RESPONSE YOU’RE ONLY GIVING HER MORE THINGS TO WORK WITH, IF YOU’RE BRIEF THEN SHE IS FORCED TO PARROT THE SAME STUFF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4 Likes

Clearly, they didn’t object strongly enough.

2 Likes