To our friends in the State: Who did you work for?

So, to those observing (including but not limited to Ms. Tsukiyo):

I like Evi personally, and as a sometime comrade, and I do get along with a lot of her compatriots, but it’s a little dangerous to assume that what you’re getting from them about Nation’s internal conditions is the unedited truth. That’s kind of a conundrum in studying Nation generally.

1 Like

This applies to everyone doesn’t it ?

If one were to ask about “Caldari” by talking to the likes of us from Achur, it would be quite a poor painting of the whole would’n it?

We don’t need to lie to make our experiences a bad reference of a picture, all have are fragments and perspectives, and when i ask her the input im expecting is her perspective of the issue.

I understand your words of warning however. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If you really understand them, you know why it’s not quite the same as it is with everyone else.

Nation is the only entity in this cluster dedicated to the cause of forcibly fixing humanity. Its agents, such as Evi, seem to retain a lot of individual character, but how much of that is real and how much is a front is impossible to say for certain without diving in yourself. And if you do, we’ll have to say the same thing about you.

That would be a shame. I apparently have a reputation for nihilism, so it might be a little troublesome if I lost my convenient example of the genuine article.

If you’re a little too extreme to even be believable, though…

Hm.

1 Like

Wait, how did this suddenly became about me ?

What?
When the Amarr set forth a reclaming aren’t they fixing humanity to something that pleases the eyes of their god?
When the Minmatar fight aren’t they trying to fix a concept of humanity they had and was taken from them?
When the Gallente forces tolerance and urbanism among the federation members, those that are there by will or by force, aren’t they shaping humanity to their concepts?
When the Caldari left the federation weren’t they looking to maintain a concept of humanity that was being denied to them?
When the pirate factions do what they do, is it not true that there usually is a previous story of something that was denied to them and they had to leave their original groups to pursue what they believed was what was right?

To single out Nation and their way of doing things as different in objective from what the rest of the organizations do is something worthy of a fool, and you are no fool.

Of course the means to accomplish that in what regards them is the other side of the scale, hence the analysis of their behaviorist approach while others go to a ideological one and the perspective of trying (or finding) a mixed approach to see results.

But that they are that different from other groups? Please.

Everyone with their own agenda and everyone with a complex system of symbols and affections to enforce them. Why the hell would the two most discussed topics be the A x B and C x D major factions?

People so passionate about their perspectives that they invest a lot of energy so they become limbs to a virtual apparatus that will perpetuate for a long time. And entities like CONCORD trap them using that same energy in things like the Factional Warfare to entertain those passions similar to adults placing children in a small fenced park so they don’t put up trouble while the adults do their things.

So no, it’s not Sansha exclusive.

Again you return to the direct experience “forget the finger, look straight to the damn moon” as is the case with everything in this universe. That is, if one wishes to experience it, if one merely want to entertain thoughts, they can paint the moon or describe it with lots of words and graphs and such.

That is one of the situations where one word can have a lot of different concepts depending on the listener. The way i understand this is in a way to look straight into the excuses eyes and move trough them, a way to be in accord to yourself and your wishes and not be held back by sklavenmoral (excuses). You do what you do because you want and because you can, therefore it manifests itself. What is, is, what is not, is not. Can’t be otherwise.

At the heart of things, there is will, there is power, and there is change.

(This of course when one thinks in terms of self, and individuality, and all those things we have discussed previously, but since we are playing characters who wish to discuss intellectually the cohesion of concrete and virtual elements of this reality, you know what “i” mean.)

Is your nihilism the commonsensical one of questioning “what to do when there is no meaning in nothing to be done” therefore filling the pockets of the Record Companies that use those adolescent bands with a catchy angry rock songs and hospitals with angst people and sliced wrists? (Absolutely no judgment, i like those!)

1 Like

I used to work for the Ishukone Security arm before transferring over to the Caldari Navy. Eventually I got my capsuleer license like everybody else and moved out on my own, but I’ll remember the CN fondly. Flying a Navy Caracal alongside a corporate convoy, or blowing up pirates from afar with focused volleys.

3 Likes

Congratulations on being able to simulate synthetic love that doesn’t come from the very core of your existence, the very foundation of you as an entity, but from some implant or booster instead.

Now if only it was genuine, right?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.