To our friends in the State: Who did you work for?

Yes, please stay out of the Republic. Or you might catch Minmatarness.

3 Likes

We bite too.

4 Likes

Not awful as a whole. I wouldn’t even say the Republic is more willing than others to do this kind of thing. It’s just that the Republic is less…private, about how they deal with these kinds of people. Given. shall we say, the predilections of our previous interim Chamberlain, I can’t really say that the Empire is any better than the Republic in this regard.

1 Like

Penance for crimes by service to our public. Killing our enemies is most definately a service to the republic, whats wrong with valkeers?

2 Likes

You’re going to have to get me some statistics demonstrating that the majority of Valklears entered the program looking for some kind of redemption, rather than simply seizing an alternative to life in prison or a death sentence when the opportunity was presented. Whether the program reformed them (and let’s hope for the Fleet’s sake it is mostly successful at that), it doesn’t change the fact that the Republic associates with what I termed “questionable elements of society”. You’ve not really done anything to call that particular point into question.

1 Like

It doesnt really matter what the prisoners wanted, they were sent to prison for the benefit of society. Defending the society is most definately a benefit. I did not address your other point because I only am curious as to why they were included as a questionable part of society. Would you include a rifter in that list as well? Both are tools of war after all neither realistically chose that role (unless you consider “join or die in a cell” much of a choice, I personally dont).

3 Likes

They were people that made horrible choices before the Republic decided to use them. Worst of the worst. It’s odd that you’ve failed twice now to grasp the human element of the topic. It was their questionable participation in society that got them imprisoned. The Republic’s willingness to exploit them as a resource doesn’t automatically make them inhuman tools.

I suppose I see the point you’re trying to make. But you’re point of view is…disturbingly pragmatic.

2 Likes

You tend to have pragmatism bred into you when your entire race spends hundreds of years clinging to freedom with its fingertips.

4 Likes

That is an excellent point.

1 Like

I’ll have to ask my friend if she bites.

2 Likes

Depending on who you ask couldn’t that be considered a good thing?

4 Likes

Working for Minmatars is a treason. Bribery is a crime.
I hope those who took these bloody money will be punished not just for the corruption, but also for collaboration with the enemy during the wartime.

Or maybe, some Caldari see the Matari like some Matari see the Caldari, enemies by proxy not by blood.

Just a thought, and one I don’t really see fitting in this particular situation (ya, I don’t necessarially like such personalities around my people, or should I say trust) but valid none the less…

3 Likes

Except we don’t see them by their “blood”. Their blood makes them only less efficient than us, but it is never a reason to war. We aren’t tribals to start war with you because you might be “A-whatever who use internal human management policy we don’t like”.

We are at war with Minmatars by two reasons:

1. They are allied with the aggressor, who attacked us in order to occupy our freshly colonized region (Black Rise).
  2. They themselves are aggressors, who attacked our honorable and peace-loving ally Amarr Empire.

That makes them double-aggressive-warmongers. Isn’t it a bit more than just proxy?

Do you see me as one of those aggressors? Your leadership does not to my understanding, and I completely intend on upholding what I’ve promised to them, until my corporations services are unwanted or my corporation opts for another contract which is unlikely. We’ve never taken, “you aren’t wanted here” nicely. The state Protectorate kindly told us we were welcome where our allies called us enemies.

Believe me, I’m far from your enemy.

2 Likes

The state will have to catch us first.

3 Likes

As long as you are at war with Minmatar Republic and Gallente Federation, you are more than welcome to stay.

1 Like

As long as they show up in State territory, I guess I’ll have a nice home then.

3 Likes

What in this existence is more important, powerful, valuable than love?

Some seek to love everyone.
These people hurt their own people for the sake of a ‘friend’.
This cheapens the value of love and rots its essence.

Some love their people and will do anything for them.
That is, as long as it benefits themselves in the end.
This is Selfishness.

Some work hard for their people and love them profusely.
Yet are paralysed by indecision when needed to fight the threats to their people.
This is weakness.

Only a select few, a proud few, an elite few stand up against those that would harm the people they truly love. These few show that love does not care about the method nor does love care about the consequences. You protect what you love with one thing:
Results.
Love drives us to do whatever it takes to get the very best results
For the Glory of the Caldari State.

2 Likes

As love is one of the many biochemical reactions the guide our meat vessels responses, you do know that there are implants and boosters available that emulate this particular sensation right?

There are many psychological factors and symbolic networks involved to create a proper mindset of devotion to a cause, if an organization depended merely on chemical reactions to sustain itself, the ammount of energy and control involved on the monitoring and adjustment would be tremendous, like…

Sanshas Nation.

Hmmm, the shortcomings of a purely behaviorist approach are manifest, within Nation, and the ideological framework have many fragmented layers of symbols as evidenced in our major and minor factions… An hybrid approach would benefit from both and any variance could be dealt case by case.

@Evi_Polevhia besides the True Citizens, how much the rest of the population are moved by ideological carrots?

1 Like