To the Amarr:

That was the incident in question. My apologies I was mistaken.

1 Like

After sleeping on your question and prayer, I am not sure that my joining the TLF would be the best course. Even though to the Imperial Rite I am a heretic, I am still one of the Faith, and there might be a place for those of us who can bridge the gap between the Matari and the Amarr.

However, your question is still excellent, Ms. Rhiannon.

Are Amarr capsuleers, holders and admirals and persons held in esteem by the Heirs and Empress, helpless to prevent such atrocities?

And hereā€™s another question of my own to the Amarr:
When this is over and there are some number of millions of slaves dead, killed by Khanid forces, is that even an atrocity in your eyes?

1 Like

I have no idea who you have prayed to and what for, but I am now completely confused by your answer to ā€˜myā€™ question.

I am sure have never suggested you, or anyone for that matter, should join the TLF because of the events in Kahah.

1 Like

No, it was not suggested, but it was my immediate thought. Maybe I should have moved this to the off topic thread, but since I started this thread, I think itā€™s fair to let it wander some, to maybe find the truth.

If the Amarr want to know why the Matari are so angry, why we canā€™t simply let go of the fact that there are trillions of Matari held in slavery in the Empire, itā€™s this situation right here. Itā€™s Starkman Prime. Itā€™s a thousand slaves executed because one failed to genuflect correctly.

ā€œSalvation comes through servitude, the grace of your masters, the dignity of your being.ā€ -St. Arzad

Maybe this was true once, but it is certainly not now. Where is the grace of the Khanid Holders? Where is the dignity of a being controlled by a TCMC? Where is the dignity of a being obliterated from orbit?

There are good Amarr men and women. They really do exist. However, they exist despite the system of the Empire. They believe in a faith that is no longer practiced by the ruling class. What will they do as a result of Kahah? What can they do?

Thought you were Ammatar? Minmatar, Ammatar and Matari have fairly distinct meanings. Not necessarily mutually exclusive, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d paint myself as Matari just yet.

2 Likes

How by all good gods and spirits would joining the TLF help anything?

1 Like

I am Starkmanir. If having grown up a slave in the Mandate makes me Ammatar, then I guess guilty as charged?
Like most of my Tribe, I keep to the Faith of my childhood, though at this point, I hesitate to call it the Amarr Faith.
If youā€™re one of those that has defined Matari as some sort of antitenebrae tribal cultural ideal, then I suppose I do not conform. Itā€™s astonishingly difficult to recreate an antitenebrae tribal culture that was nigh obliterated by Amarrian orbital bombardment. The Starkmanir I know would rather look to the future, to forge a new identity based on who we are now, rather than look to our past. I cannot say that I blame them, for our past is so painful.

I respect your accomplishments and your prowess in combat. I respect you as one of my brother and sisters, Minmatar, Matari, or Tribal. Is there more that needs to be said?

As I think I said before, the knowledge that there are Minmatar (or Matari) fighting the Amarr, remaining unbowed and unbroken can be of great hope to the Minmatar (or Matari) living in the Republic and the ones still enslaved in the Empire. Even the Amarr cannot keep all information from filtering down to their slaves. It sends a message to the cluster that we will not go quietly into the night. The TLF is symbolic, but symbols have their own import, I have found.

2 Likes

Ok. I guess.

2 Likes

I pray every day that this is so.

It sometimes feels like it, and this is a terrible feeling. To see an atrocity, and to feel powerless to stop it is . . . it is a very deep pain.

That said, while it often feels like we are helpless, I do not think we are. But we can sadly not do as much as we should like to, and must make do with the limited things we can ā€“ and never let ourselves feel that because we have tried to help, it is enough. It is not enough, and it is right that we feel shame over our collective failings. Yet never should we despair, either, but look towards that which can yet be done to help.

If none of the deaths were preventable, then it is sad, but not an atrocity. But if even one death could have been reasonably prevented, it is an atrocity for those charged with teaching others to follow God to kill them instead.

1 Like

It also provides the potential for escalation, as weā€™ve already seen happen.

2 Likes

The avenues for escalation from the wholesale slaughter of the majority population are kind of limited if you donā€™t want to render your primary agricultural production centers useless for the job of, you know, feeding the Kingdom.

ā€˜Theyā€™re killing everyone!ā€™
ā€˜Donā€™t fight back, they might escalateā€™
ā€˜From killing everyone? To what? Raising the dead to kill them twice?ā€™

7 Likes

How about more planets?

1 Like

They were already doing it on multiple planets.

3 Likes

Is that what the Khanid have come to? ā€œBe nice to us while we kill millions of slaves on this planet or weā€™ll go to another planet and kill millions there?ā€

I appreciate you feeling boxed in, but the little voice in the back of your head telling you that this is horrible and wrong? Thatā€™s your conscience. Thatā€™s the spark of the Divineā€™s Light that you still have within you.

Why do you act like this? As if we donā€™t care? Is it easier for you to believe we are monsters who donā€™t? Does this whole mess ruin your perceptions of morality?

Iā€™ve done everything in my power to save as many lives as possible at great risk to myself. It sadly didnā€™t work but I learned things that will help.

I donā€™t know what the future holds but I will see reforms brought to the kingdom.

1 Like

From your own statements, they donā€™t really paint you as people who care about anything but their image in your specific societal circus. If other Khanid holders gave a toss, they would call out the Sa-Baron and his forces out for what they did in Kahah, at the very least. If they felt really brave, theyā€™d petition him to be judged for unnecessary force and murder of millions.

But you said yourself that now theyā€™re more concerned about licking Chakaidā€™s boots, and that all of that is Ms. Kernherā€™s fault.

But from the beginning you were excellent in shifting the blame to anyone else but the Khanid, and those of you who just watched the massacre happen, maybe, maybe pleading once in a while to deaf ears that this needs to stop. Not once actually lifting a finger to do anything to stop it.

If those who identify as Kingdom citizens were as honorable and outraged as you claim, why did no Holder bring their own fleets and forces to bear and stop the madness? Certainly would have been more effective and interesting, and wouldā€™ve lent some credence to the claim that not all Khanid approved of this and actively opposed this. Keyword here is actively.

Good luck. From all Iā€™ve seen youā€™re going to need it.

4 Likes

Yes, it is, in fact.

Was this a trick question?

4 Likes

Because your nation murdered millions, and you stood with them rather than against.

4 Likes

Nothing will actually satisfy them, Lord Crases. Any individual act will be insufficient, every group act insufficient and also suspect, and any association with the Kingdom is the same as being King Khanid. Itā€™s the same thing every time. It has been the same thing from the same people for ever.

We pray, we advocate, we demand, we save who we can, we stay vigilant for chances to do more. That will not be judged satisfactory, of course. There is no course of action open to us that would be; it is a useful and durable bit of rhetoric yes? To demand the impossible and scold for failing to do it? It is.

So. As we have all failed already, let us get back to work.

5 Likes

Whinge more Qerl, itā€™s not like your people are being perpetually punished to the umpteenth generation for doing nothing wrong. Infact your people were forgiven pissing on your mommy empires laws and traditions, which makes your whining all the more pathetic.

5 Likes