Too slow leveling

Get an prototype Cerebral Accelerator if character is under 2weeks old and you get +9 to all attributes for a good length of time. Only available from contract or the eve store packs

As an ancient player (nearly 20 years now) I understand what you are saying you are not the first to say this and will not be the last for sure. So let me try and explain the how and the why of this.

The issue is that if I where to get better by flying a ship (besides the enormous computational stress that would put on the cluster keeping track of all players their fittings and how long they fly this ship with this exact fitting) it makes skill books kind of irrelevant other than learning the beginning of a skill. Also with this you end up much more stuck to a certain play style and game experience. When you start out as a miner and you mine rocks and get better and better at it, would you really want to stop doing that and start that whole learning curve over to get into a battleship and then to get good at it by flying and loosing them (a lot) as your skills need to improve over a period of months and months?
Or would you rather get good at mining and while mining train to fly that battleship even when you sleep and are not logged in.

The beauty of the current setup is that you can do something totally different while you learn the skills that unlock this new ship or those guns. Also the one thing you should not forget, is that this is EVE the fact that you have learned the skills (even to lvl5) to fly a certain ship still do not mean that you are any good at it. All it means is that you have a very slight advantage over someone else in that same ship but with lese skill points dedicated to that ship. Learning to fly a ship is something totally different from being able to fly a ship. Trust me with hundreds of millions of skill points when pitted against a decent rookie in pretty much any ship I’ll loose that PVP battle as I have never really played that way and am not very good at it…

Don’t despair you will soon enough find you are great at some aspect of the game, and will very quickly find that though training levels does help it certainly is not as important as experience and practice with a certain ship or style of fighting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.