Topic closed,

Well your insight is beyond me so if you can make what you say even though I can’t pronounce what you said.. that’s good and yes it wouldn’t be of use to you. I congratulate you for breaking the game. Sounds like fun. Keep enjoying and hope you have a great day. If I see you I know to run away :slight_smile:

Not a bad idea except CCP doesn’t make from this and that’s just automated multiboxing and goes against CCP rules. I can already mutibox if I wanted but I have to pay for 3 accounts and it becomes a headache. If it worked out cheaper and less of a headache I would be happy to pay that little extra. Hopefully that explains it better. Hope you’re enjoying your day.

Yeah that explains a lot.

You would like the company that offers you the game to invest tousands of dev-hours in programming and testing and balancing to find a way that you can actually pay them less money for having the same benefits.

That sounds like a totally awesome idea, every CEO would absolutely love that! [/sarcasm]

2 Likes

The code isn’t that hard to implement. You’re missing a vital point as well.. most code can be written by AI and that’s why most major gaming companies are downsizing and effectively removing staff. It would actually bring back players not lose them and create a new source of revenue so I think you missed the whole point and forgot what year it is.. sorry had to point that out. Hope your having a good day sir.

If it’s so easy, I recommend you to just program your own game and gather millions of players. For EVE Online the idea of “solo” sessions and cheaply hired NPCs that bring combat ships to the table that effectively working as alts, but don’t costs as much, is an utterly horrible idea.

2 Likes

Ok so you have your point. Sorry it’s frustrating you.. ok so people want a single player game and CCP may never read this but here is an ultimatum to this dilemma. They could make a single player game a lot easier than you think and this wouldn’t effect anyone in the main game. They can make a single instance of the game run piggyback off of their servers reflecting all data server but totally solo. You use the market data but don’t effect it. The character on the single player instance of the game can’t transfer anything across to a multiplayer instance and then this argument is dead and everyone should be happy. I’m still betting that someone will complain though. The standalone game will require less code and the whole map is then usable to the single player account although they could reduce the map size of they wanted. I give up trying to make a point because it’s becoming one sided and if it’s hurting your feelings then I would rather stop. Sorry if it’s upsetting you…

It would literally destroy the game for everyone not in the single-player mode. Other posters have laid out why above, as did I. I suggest you read the thread again and try harder to comprehend what people are telling you.

1 Like

I have read what people are saying but you would rather I just fold because their point of view isn’t my point of view and they clearly didn’t read my most? I have pointed out enough times how it wouldn’t effect anyone else but it clearly does because it’s against your idea of everything must be ganked or I quit? Ok.well that’s already a thing and look how great the game is doing. None paying players make more ganking stuff than anyone else.. I’m guessing you’re an alpha account. So why moan? Hope you have a good day..

It’s not upsetting me. It’s causing something between amusement and depression.

I have nothing against an EVE Solo™ (with as much AI companions as you like), with absolutely no connection to the EVE Online™ universe except a shared lore and design. But it has to be absolutely clear that no single ISK nor a single item can be transferred from that EVE Solo™ to the EVE Online™ universe.

Agreed if it is solo then absolutely no transfer of items or isk. That I can agree with completely.

I’m omega. Alphas can’t gank. I’m not a ganker anyway, when I’ve done highsec PvP it’s generally blapping AP pods or suspect baiting.

You can say “it won’t affect others” all you like, that doesn’t make it true. If it’s possible to switch into a single-player mode, well guess what, all the PvErs will just do that all the time. Not just in highsec. It will kill the game.

I suggested you play Elite instead because Elite does implement the feature you want, and guess what, Elite in multiplayer mode absolutely sucks as a consequence. Going into any populated system means you get blapped instantly, because everyone else is doing PvE in solo mode. Populated systems are just constantly camped. Even skilled PvPers will switch into solo mode to go shopping, because it’s just about impossible any other way. ■■■■ that. EVE isn’t perfect, but it’s a hell of a lot better. If you find you’re getting ganked too much, which seems to be the case with how adamant you are about this inane idea, I suggest you move move than five jumps away from Jita. Amarr is a big enough trade hub that a carebear like you can comfortably live around it, and the only ganker I know who regularly goes there is Aiko. You’ll disappear in the crowd easily, fit your procurer for tank and she’ll leave you be because guess what, there are three untanked mackinaws in the next system over, and even they’re mostly fine because Aiko is only one player and can only do so much to police the belts on her own.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue. Don’t like my idea fine, move on. It isn’t your thing I get it. That’s great :+1: it was just an idea and you clearly missed the point. Ok.so.if people just quit Eve ato play elite and dangerous isn’t that the same? I haven’t been ganked for a while and that wasn’t the whole point. I’m done anyway. I was trying to just run an idea past people but it clearly took off over their heads and landed at another airport somewhere near wtf island just passed who cares vally… you win and hopefully you have a nice day knowing that. Yeah Eve is done anyway it was good when everyone paid and the prices where decent but it got greedy after opening it’s servers to anyone. Anyway thanks for your insight and yes you have a point. I stopped playing anyway not because of ganking but because I am too old to play alongside others who think eve is a constant war driven machine to which every corporation member must drop everything because the CEO had a moment where he or she thought they had a possibility to conquer the whole map at everyone else expense. GG to you and well played.

Alright, thank you for conceding graciously and giving up on this terrible suggestion. You have a good day now.

1 Like

Thank you. Whatever you are doing may it be productive and bring peace and harmony to you.

I’ll do it for 1 billion.

I’ve read your post again.

Almost everything from what you are describing in the original post matches No Man’s Sky.

  • it has AI fleet members that you can send to perform tasks for you
  • you are isolated from other players unless you explicitly want it to be otherwise
  • you have total solo immersion
  • you have PvE content without forced PvP
  • you have “a bubble of self reality”, as you described it

The only thing No Man’s Sky is missing is player driven market, but I don’t really see EVE’s level of player owned economy in such a system.

So, my recommendation to you is to give No Man’s Sky a shot. I’m not telling you to stop playing EVE. EVE and No Man’s Sky are completely different games and you can enjoy both of them, like I do.

No Man’s Sky is, at this point, almost 10 years old. The developers are still adding free content and free expansions regularly. They’ve just released a major expansion not long ago. It’s really a vast and beautiful game and considering what you want to do in a game, I think you won’t regret trying it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

EVE servers have always been open to anyone.

You had to pay when Eve came out it wasn’t free. Eve started out in 2003 and for years was a pay to play game. When they opened it to become a free to play for non paying accounts this ruined the game because that’s when mass gankers became a thing. I should know my account is from 2005 and it wasn’t free then, and my friend asked me to join and he had been playing since it came out. Anyway I don’t play anymore and I ended this thread earlier but have a nice day regardless.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: you lost me.

I will.log in a gank myself for that amount :slight_smile: