Triglavian Diplomacy

That’s not entirely true, though. The “pylons” we find scattered around Abyssal pockets would be peculiar places to live, but it’s not clear that nobody lives there. They’re definitely large enough to maintain a small population, though, again, it’s not clear whether they do.

1 Like

Again, I don’t think their population is high at all. There are some really odd possibilities around the Navka, and I am currently writing a paper on it. Firstly the Cladistic Mortification, is either some kind of shaming, or its is actually mortification; they kill them. Their infomorphs are added to a Construct, and that is used to further their research. In fact, future time-sense, might well refer to them modelling the outcome of decisions using time dilation within such a Construct. That is well known theoretical practice. The other possibility is that the Navka are synthetic sentient intelligence’s. Which would fit well with their ability to Overmind drones. It is against the one, body, one mind, mandate, but times change. That too could point to a low population, supplement the people you have with AI.

No, we have destroyed a fair few towers, it takes time but they appear to be just engineered constructions. They do carry comms links as well. I would agree, caution about the security of our networks is a big consideration. I get the impression they do not have any ambitions for our space, yet. That could severely disrupt their vision, but I think they are seeing if we could help their plan.

1 Like

IN their suits? then it’s very bad suits ^^" if what you work with get INSIDE the suit, you clearly have a problem ^^"

mea culpa for the “flow” bit.

the use of exclave in the way you do is correct ONLY if it’s indeed a jovian faction, which is still to be proven. It’s not because they designate some part of the abyss as exclave that ALL abyss is exclave to them.
for exemple, I live in a Wh and very much consider all other Wh as hostile territory.

And once again, there is NO reason to think the collective don’t have the same limitation we do !

larger even if they are true infomorphs

1 Like

They have bodies, otherwise you would not get the distinction between Narodnya and Navka. The Koschoi, too, they are casuleers, other the equivalent. You have to get in and out of a suit, that is how stuff gets inside. We don’t exactly know how they use it.

1 Like

sorry sir, but that’s your guess.

I differ in the sens where for me their use of bodies is limited to when they need one. That explain everything, from the ressources need to the suits, and the vocabulary, and the “where” they live and even their technology.

given the few clues we have at our disposition we can’t be sure of anything.

1 Like

If that’s the case, hopefully the SCC analysts are correct in their assumptions of there being no threat to systems. I can only imagine the desire for more of their tech to have increased after this though.

2 Likes

We can’t be certain but we can make educated guesses. The Koschoi, and those are probably the pilots of those vessels we have encountered, appear to be immortal capsuleers, much like ourselves. The Navka, are some form of disembodied intelligence, and again, appear to use drones for bodies. The Narodnya have the appearance of being a larger group, and more than likely have bodies. The issue with being bodiless is that it is virtually impossible to maintain integrity of personality without one, outside of some VR construct. The mind is not an isolated program by nature. The sense of self-awareness comes as much from the massive amount of data we process, through, and from our bodies, as much as that within the brain itself. Even within a Construct the infomorph needs to sleep and dream as we do in real life.

2 Likes

I agree, but that is with OUR known technology.

With mutaplasmid it’s different.

Moreover, if they are indeed pure infomorph, then they are since centuries, perhaps more.

1 Like

We do not have anywhere near that level of technology. I believe something like an allegory of that was used to create the Rogue Drone intelligence’s, its banned tech by CONCORD anyway, but the principles of producing strong AI are similar. At our present state an infomorph without a body can do nothing. The Clone soldier technology is different, and as I understand it, more like the Jovian methods, but we are still centuries from being able to develop Construct technology. Even analysing Sleeper technology is beyond us in that regard. If they were pure infomorphs then I would expect to see something more like the Sleeper pattern; they use advanced drones and re-wire corpses, due to shortages of resources. We don’t know what effect mutaplasmids would have on a body, I am sure someone has tried snacking on one though, but I also do not see how they affect informorph technology. Mutaplasmids appear to affect material properties, in unpredictable ways. An infomorph is not really an independent ghost, it has to be hosted on an AI processor array, and those are complicated, 100 billion processing elements plus, and we do not have the tech to make them, or at least ones smaller than a solar system. Capsuleer tech uses a lot of data to create the state patterns, as opposed to the incremental backup systems of the Jove. The Triglavians infomorphs seem to communicate via their loop conduit system, the Navka, maybe using that to remote control the drones in some way via hive-linking. Perhaps that is what is meant by Unshackled, it has broken away from the hive-linking, something which makes it more likely they are strong AI of some form.

2 Likes

okay so let me explain a few things about mutaplasmids :slight_smile:

1. They are all manufactured and highly specialized.
  2. Filaments are likely to be mutaplasmids.
  3. They are nanobots capable of reproducing biological behaviour. (both way)
  4. While it is true the mutaplasmids we got access to only interact with materials properties, It’s also true that we only got access to mutaplasmids that do such things.

I made a few biologists run some research independently and they all came to the same conclusion (the only variable was the “is this a good idea” which is very subjective).

There is nothing preventing creating a mutaplasmid recreatind a body only with this material.

That’s why the pure infomorph route seem the most obvious for me.

With this technology you can have an entire population stored in pure infomorph state, requiring only energy (hello isogen 10) and hardware, wich you can manufacture at will with the mutaplasmid.

When you need a body, you simply program a few mutasplamids cells to “print” a body made only of other mutaplasmids cells.

That explain everything.

2 Likes

Uh-- respectfully, pilot?

Speculation: rampant. Paragraph breaks: needed. Citations: would be handy.

3 Likes

Where am I speculating? Navka communication is in the Datastream intercepts, in pretty much plain language. I’ve already made it clear we still lack information as to what the Navka are in actuality.
I’ve used Mutaplasmids, successfully on quite a few items, wouldn’t put one anyway near my clones.

The complexities of AI tech are well known, pick up an reputable science book on the subject. The same goes for the central nervous system.

Far less speculation than building a body out of mutaplasmids.

[" Mutaplasmids are items which can enhance the attributes of modules they are applied to. They can be obtained from Abyssal Deadspace sites and come in three tiers:"]

1 Like

If only there was an area of space away from CONCORD interference where someone could experiment on the mutaplasmids with rogue drone tech and a lot of bodies/corpses.

Not wanting to cause more speculation on the subject, but would rather such possibility not be ignored and potentially result in something bad.

1 Like

Well it would yield no results unless you can re-write the mutaplasmid software.

1 Like

Scientists, tampering with things they should not. When I get eaten by a rogue sock, I know who to blame.

2 Likes

I can find no evidence of them being used for biological research, or having any application. Can you provide citations?

1 Like

I would have been surprised otherwise, It’s a private research and the results have not been made public yet.

For the application it’s simply because we don’t have access to more “biological” mutaplasmids, but there is nothing preventing them to work also on cells.

(( you will find nothing on this since I asked IRL friends about the theory and what could be done with such technology ^^

I will make a public result when I finished my current work.

so while it’s not “canon” (in the way any publication of ccp could invalidate the theory) it is a plausible one since it respect what we know and what could it be IRL. ))

1 Like

I don’t think they have any biological application at all, it uses extremophilic bacteria, which are organisms that thrive in extreme environments. Extremophiles are organisms that live in “extreme environments,” under high pressure and temperature. So affecting modules seems feasible, they could change the operating characteristics. Potentially such research could allow the Triglavians to survive better in Abyssal space, which they do appear to. Building a body out of it, very unlikely. Maybe some kind of gene editing to improve a clone’s survivability.

1 Like

You don’t seem to grasp that since they mix biological and technology, the only thing extremophiles about them is their ability to survive (and possibly even NEED) a high gravity field. My scientists are real scientists, thanks you very much to not doubt of their skills without proving them wrong.

How they work inside is very similar to how “normal” cells works.

A biological application is very much possible, only it restrict the cells to their environments, aka, the abyss.

That’s why I think the reason the collective isn’t interested in coming to k-space is because they can’t survive in it.

The other thing is that once you know how create mutaplasmids out of extremophile cells, you can do it with “normal” cells too.

Side note: extremophile cells are not limited to “high pressure and temperature” but any variable that is “extreme”

for example all Thermococci microbs are extremophills, but because they thrive in sulfure rich environments.

1 Like

I was more suggesting possibly the one group that’s known for their abduction of a lot of potential test subject doing gods only know what.

Though I won’t lie, the concept of flesh-eating rogue socks made me laugh.

1 Like