Triglavian Invasion Orca Light Support Carrier

I was messing around and simulated an Orca fit that I think has very good potential for small fleets going against the Triglavian fleets on the stations, gates and other locations where the Triglavian’s warp to.

The fit also might fare well in a Minor Conduit, uncertain about a Major Conduit or World Ark.

The benefits of this Orca Light Carrier build are:

Shield Harmonizing Charge / 8% shield resistence
Interdiction Maneuvers Charge / 12% bonus to Stasis Webifier range
Evasive Maneuvers Charge / -6% sig radius, 6% Agility
Medium Ancillary RSB / 475 shield points restored over 8 seconds at 25 km

Personal Webs x 2 to support other web fit ships
203,975 EHP

258.7 drone DPS

Cap stable at 83.6% with my skills.

A T2 fit would obviously have better attributes.

This thing is going to die in a fire without being able to do much other than soak up damage. The only real saving grace will probably be that the NPCs will switch targets before they get through the 200k ehp.

The Webs will be nigh entirely useless since even with the Interdiction Maneuvers Charge, you’ll only be able to web thing around 13-14km away from you. And given that an Orca isn’t going to move very fast, you better hope the Triglavian NPCs get close or those webs are just wasted midslots.

You will be dead in under 2 minutes they’re way too powerful your best best never to take an orca enter site until it been cleared I lost one the other day go look at the DPS they deal on that one

The build above wouldn’t go into a Conduit by itself but it would be the platform that other ships in the orbit around thus maximizing the Evasive Maneuvers Charge / -6% sig radius, 6% Agility.

With the Interdiction Maneuvers Charge / 12% bonus to Stasis Webifier range, ships with Faction webbers fit could slow down the incoming Triglavian’s sooner getting more DPS on them and vaping them before the next wave warped in.

It could lose one webber and instead have its own shield repper added to increase its survival rate.

I also think the build above could more than handle a small Triglavian fleet of frigs and destroyers and possibly a cruiser by itself when fit with TII or Officer Mods.

1 Like

Experience is the best teacher. How about you go try it yourself with these Officer mods and let us know how it goes?

1 Like

you are doing a few thing too many with it leave Command ships for boosting claymore or whats its name pimp huricane do shield and skirmish booshes better webs are kinda mandatory for fleet ppl should have them fitted (vindis most).

sooo0oo what is left is refits in space self tank and remote reps plus ~90km tractor range i would focus on that.

needs mwd to be able to warp from site to site scan result to scan result within this century too.

dryson posts should be approved by mods before appearing on the forums
like if it has a ship fit inside just send it into the dumpster where it belongs

1 Like

Use a buffer tanked Orca (1.3+m eHP) with drones 600+ DPS and you can solo everything - BUT do not use an Orca with T1 stuff, thats stupid.

And as a bonus, this thing CONCORDS every f*cking gank group that tries on you at your way home

Do you have a fit for this?

No because it doesn’t exist.

OK, keep your belief.

For all others who like to give all the gankers a hard day:

[Orca, Trash Collector]
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier
Abyssal Damage Control

Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Pith X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field

Shield Command Burst I
Shield Command Burst I
[Empty High slot]
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Hammerhead II x10
Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Salvage Drone I x5
‘Augmented’ Mining Drone x5

Shield Extension Charge x9563
Nanite Repair Paste x192
Shield Harmonizing Charge x9849

1.352.758 ehp overheated with the appropriate skilset

Main Drones are currently Hammerheads II, because for a Trig Farming Run, these are cheaper to lose than Augmented Hammerheads, so less Drone Damage.

And of course you need overheating skills and a lot of money… but if you get one of these Orcas, you fly safe (shields up all the time!!) until a Burn Jita Event occurs… that could be too hard to counter.

Ah, well, I know there are gank groups out there who definitely lookout for me and the overtanked bling ships I fly - so: “If you take one down, you deserve it - I dont mind :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would you mind clarifying what the “appropriate skilset[sic]” is?

Yeah man, a 5 billion ISK Orca totally isn’t a dreamboat for gankers.

So what do you think, how much ISK do common suicide gankers have to invest, just to get their “Dreamboat” down within a timeframe of maybe 30 seconds? It is possible, ofc, but how likely?
And even when a dedicated gang makes the effort and is successful, THEN they deserve it.

Avoid Burn Jita Events and you are probably safe.

Do you know how many locator agents were requested on you in the past 3 hours?

I hope you don’t fly that Orca on this toon, cuz it’s dead now.

2 Likes

With the gankers using Destroyers most of the time and needing to get close, would fitting Large Smart Bombs give the Orca better damage against the attacking Nurbs?

If they are CODE gankers who are supported by Goons, we all know they are, then their ISK is unlimited.

I have seen a whole fleet of, 20+ of Talos gank a freighter before.

There is literally no reason to use an orca for webs when ships like the Vindictor exist, that’s why it was never used in incursions too. Sure it has more EHP but it has a fraction of the damage, mobility, and utility

Well I admit I have no clue about Smartbombs in highsec and how and if they work if Neutrals are close. But I wouldnt try that and get CONCORDed, just because I hit the wrong ship… that would negate the effort to keep the ship gank safe, if CONCORD does the job, that the gankers cant do…

Well, see the Orca as an all-in-one processing platform. It doesnt matter if you are in a belt, mining asteroids and then, once in a while, killing Trigs who come along or CONCORD a few gankers, who think they get a bargain… Its all ISK coming to you.