Triglavian Victory!

Yes, we do.

No more Concord, so we can truly make EVE great again.
No more highsec systems bloating the map.

Triangles are cooler than Concord.

3 Likes

Time to dock up and wait for all of this to blow over so we can go back to normal soon.

1 Like

Why SHOULDN’T players lose access to the Empire’s comforts when they actively work against the very entities that provide those comforts? EDENCOM is a join venture by the peoples who rule High Security space. Don’t you dare advocate for half-measures, Scoots. You’re better than that. Choices have consequences, remember? Choosing to fight against the Empire SHOULD mean that the Empire can make you persona non grata across Empire space.

If you, in Null, actively work towards the destruction of anothers’ sovereignty, why should you then be allowed to enter their Fortizar or Keepstar the next day as if nothing happened? If you can, it’s by their charity.

Likewise, working for the Triglavians SHOULD make you an enemy of the Empire.

11 Likes

Because it’s a fundamental element of the gameplay regardless of whatever lore related flavor text event exists? Same with local, same with Concord protection in situations of illegal aggression in highsec.

See, the problem here is that you think any of this matters.

Lore is always secondary to gameplay. A sandbox MMORPG doesn’t survive on lore, it survives on gameplay. Being able to dock in NPC stations as neutral third party entities in empire space is a core element of gameplay.

You already take a standing hit against EDENCOM.

1 Like

Where did it say that Trig’s would respond faster than concord to protect miners? I smell a lot of dead miners from pvp in this.

Because nobody gives a **** about NPCs. EVE is a PvP game and the player stories are the ones that matters. NPC stations are a necessary game mechanic and you should not lose access to them because of some random NPC farming event.

1 Like

The theory make sense, clearly.

Thing is, in practice, that would basically mean that nobody at all will side with the Triglavians, because such consequences make it not worth at all for anybody.

So I understand, logic, consequences, yada yada. Sure, but if everybody choose one side because one side offer consequences and an other one doesn’t, the entire event is worthless.

So, if we follow your idea, what about we compensate with players siding with EDENCOM getting constantly tracked by Triglavians gank teams when they undock?

… Oh. Actually no, because then nobody would play the event on either side.

So…

Just no BS penalties then.

So you agree that CONCORD is fundamental element of the gameplay (fundamental = necessary), but also you state this:

Make up your mind, what do you really want, please.

2 Likes

Concord is a fundamental element in High sec.

(It is currently speculated that) If the Triglavians invade a system, the security system drops. Once that security system drops down to lowsec, there is no more Concord.

I know it’s difficult for you, but try to think it through.

1 Like

Ah there it is. The retreat to umbrage: consequences need to exist in a very narrow framework that you define as relevant with shifting metrics as to their application when convenient.

It’s a vital and necessary mechanic when it could affect you negatively. You do know there exists a framework in place for how EDENCOM standings would affect the Empire? Derived standings. Just like every other mission, event and standings system currently in game. And it should. Even if it makes life hard for you. Especially if it makes life hard for you. You do not get to clamor for both an evolving world with lasting impact and choices, and “hurr durr this is just a temporary event why did my choices have meaning.”

And you wouldn’t lose access to every NPC station - I’m sure the residents of Syndicate, Curse, Stain, Venal, Outer Ring, Serpentis Prime, and maybe even Great Wildlands would offer you safe harbor for dealing with their CONCORD problem.

Actions should have consequences after all, right? Or just consequences you approve of?

6 Likes

I refer you to the previous statement I made above.

Edit: I apologize for assuming you understood the game mechanics behind Concord. I shouldn’t have taken that for granted. Next time, I’ll be sure to account for your deficiencies in game knowledge. :slight_smile:

Yeah.

And just like I said, siding with EDENCOM should also give you a consequence to suffer from.

Strangely enough you didn’t propose any consequence for the side you choosed to pick.

1 Like

Uh, have you ever played in an invasion system? They do that NOW. If you undock and they are near, you better hope you get to warp quickly or have enough tank.

The logical inverse to siding with EDENCOM is that when Triglavians start having a presence (or we go to their space) you will be unable to enjoy their hospitality without some significant display of effort towards their goals.

1 Like

They removed all stations in nullsec sov space in favour of Upwell structures. NPC stations are not necessary. Who knows the Triglavian invaders might soon field their own stations.

3 Likes

No they don’t do that.

In fact, I have been several times inside an invaded system with groups trying to actively hunt them, a thing that wouldn’t exist if they were so actively attacking you. They are actually just randomly warping in the system, and yeah potentially attack you if you happen to end up on the same gate, station, etc.

Besides, it’s an already existing mecanic: So you do need an exclusive new penalty for picking your side in this particular event.

Key point: in nullsec. The game works fine when player-controlled space has fully player-controlled stations. The game doesn’t work when there are no stations that are open to everyone without having to convince other players to let you in. New players need a place to start, and veteran players need a place to rebuild and prepare for their next attempt in more dangerous space.

Who knows the Triglavian invaders might soon field their own stations.

That’s nice. Then we can have five different sets of station models that are exactly identical in function instead of four.

You were smart enough to notice the dots, but couldn’t connect the two together. Impressive.

Actions involving other players should have consequences. Actions involving NPCs should not, because NPCs should never be the focus of a PvP game.

Trigs are so arrogant that they believe us “kybernauts” will fight for them whether we want to or not. Nuts to that. The only thing I want to “prove” regarding them is how many of them I can kill at once.

1 Like

Trigs are so arrogant that they remind me of some pilots.

1 Like