Trip Sensors

well, i kinda have a problem of coming up with ideas for wormhole space, which, can’t use cynos at all…

You are correct that physical or digital means of performing repetitive task more quickly is technically a violation of the EULA. No argument there.

But, to go full Rules-Lawyer mode, the EULA says you cannot use automation to acquire in game items, resources, etc. faster than normal game play. Seems to me @yellow_parasol is not suggesting something that would result in faster accumulation of in game resources.

Of course, his program probably wouldn’t help much in that if I am going to decloak, then I am close enough to lock, web, and scram him…so he’d hear an alarm just in time to see me locking him down.

1 Like

He’s proposing using it on alts on the in gates etc. To spot you getting in system in the first place. So yeah a cloak camping the system won’t get affected. But a roamer will.
And it sounds pretty bot like to my ears. Though I’m sure it already gets done plenty because of how hard it would be to ever detect.

Well, bots per se are not illegal. If I have a program running on my computer that tells me to check on my mining lasers that is not against the EULA. Is it helping me get resources? Yes, but is it an accelerated rate? No. Is it a “bot” yes in the sense of what @yellow_parasol suggested; it strikes me as rather similar.

1 Like

that’s extremely likely, because it’s extremely simple to do. :slight_smile: those who do it, though, won’t talk about it. imagine this in the hands of everyone. :slight_smile:

Are you talking about those Intel chat parser bots?

i don’t remember the exchange i had with him about it completely but he did describe a bot when he told me about it.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.