Tripwire - signature mapping tool

Is their a way to privately host Tripwire Daimian? Mostly to avert connectivity issues?

Tripwire Update

Tripwire has been updated to version 1.17.

Notable changes:

• Maps are up to date with Pochven and the new stargates
  • Triglavian wormholes and system data
  • Fix for one of the reasons auto tracking doesn’t work (on big maps)
  • Context menu additions on map: make/create a tab for the selected system

There’s also a couple of improvements for self-hosters.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for keeping Tripwire alive!

1 Like

Hi. I have the following problem:
I would like to make my map available to a member of another corp. When I create a new mask (private or public), I cannot add him as a character because the programme does not find him. When I enter the name of the player and click on search, the wheel spins forever and no result is found.
I am also looking for some kind of manual or detailed tutorial that is also suitable for players who do not belong to a player corp.
I would be happy if someone could help me with this problem. Gladly in German or English.

1 Like

Cannot add character to tripwire because of ESI v4 Character Route Removed - Please Update to V5. When can we expect update?

is the error I get in chrome console when trying to search for character

Since I seem to be unable to spawn a reaction in the Tripwire Issue Tracker, I’ll ask again here:

I am having the “No account for that character” issue for about a month now and read after search on the net for a bit, that this requires a manual edit of the tripwire database to resolve.

If you are still active (which I hope), I would like to ask you to please do that edit for the Character posting this comment.

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

are you going to offer any update for the new spanish translation of eve? when you copy the anomalies in eve’s spanish client and paste it in tripware it doesn’t take the anomalies correctly.

1 Like

Tripwire Update

A new version (1.19) of Tripwire is available for testing on Galileo (https://galileo.eve-apps.com/).

Notable changes:

• Wormholes will now not auto-expire until 110% of their stated lifetime
  • Wormhole mass data has (finally) been updated
  • Support for French and Japanese localisation of Eve. (Sorry, no Spanish! Didn’t realise that was missing.)
  • Fix for CCP breaking unauthenticated ESI search. Self-hosters, you will need to add esi-search.search_structures.v1 scope to your application definition, and then set define('ENABLE_SEARCH_SCOPE', true) in config.php to make it work. Public users, you will have to wait for the server owner to do that for the public instance.

For self-hosters, you can use the ‘development’ branch today if you want to test this release yourself.

Thanks to Okamainen al’Anzomi for fixing the search.

If you find any problems please report them on the Tripwire discord.

3 Likes

We had some issues getting this to production, but it’s done now, including the ESI scope update so search (including for making masks) works again. Any issues please come to the Tripwire Discord.

Small update on development branch (deployed to Galileo) - added new Intaki-Amygnon stargate, added J377 wormhole type

Tripwire Update

A new version (1.20) of Tripwire is available for testing on Galileo (https://galileo.eve-apps.com/ ).

Notable changes:

• If you’re looking at a K space system and it’s not in chain, if you have entrances the system panel will now show you the closest route home
  • Favourited systems now show a star in the chain view
  • Various back end minor improvements
  • Comments can now be sorted latest-first using the arrow widget. Your selection is remembered in a cookie
  • One click return - if you jump into a hole and then paste sigs, you will get a “mark as return” link. Click it to update the ‘???’ entry link. It works if you are going “down chain” on a tab. I know there are some edge case bugs with this but I think it’s still a big enough improvement to release
  • Map and wormhole updates: added J377, set Intaki to 0.2 sec status, and the Intaki-Amygnon gate. (this was already on Galileo for a few days)
  • EVE time is now in the top bar next to the TQ status

1 Like

Above changes are now on production public Tripwire

3 Likes

A new version (1.21) is available on public Tripwire (https://tripwire.eve-apps.com).

Changes for users:

• We’re using the Affiliation ESI endpoint to get character/corp information, this should make characters update faster when they move corp (credit SeriouslyUnnamed )
  • Map updates - Intaki is now 0.5 (actually I pushed this separately a bit back), hopefully CCP don’t change it every month lol
  • Overwriting a signature with the same name (ABC-123) only happens within a single system, you can have the same sig name in different systems now
  • Reworked the landing page, removed the Twitter feed, and made login tab the default
  • Triglavian invasion data is now static data and not pulled from kybernaut.space. (Which, for some reason, wasn’t working on public Tripwire, so this makes Triglavian system status work properly there.)

Changes for self hosting:

• New self hosts - the jumpHistory trigger for calculating mass is back in the DB setup script. (Still issues with mass tracking accuracy though)
  • Removed the requirement to have a copy of the SDE and keep it up to date in your local deployment. Ship mass and name data is now in Tripwire
  • Fixed an issue with system_activity.cron.php on databases with strict typing (credit D43dun )

4 Likes

Hey, love the tool… just an issue I ran into is you can’t zoom the map in/out if using Firefox…

o7

Any plan to handle Japanese clients’ scan results ?

Also Spanish scan results

New version 1.22 is available on public Tripwire (https://tripwire.eve-apps.com) and for self hosting!

Changes for users:

• Favourites panel next to the star button in the system panel, gives you a click through to your favourites from anywhere
  • Automapper improved when there are multiple choices, in particular the “blank panel” issue when you are looking at a different system should be gone
  • Automap won’t record a jump if the dialog is already up or if the two systems are both in chain already - this should reduce the number of accidental loops
  • System names show a link and class/effect information in most places
  • Wormhole types now show the from/to and total mass in most places. As part of this, wormhole data now includes possible from/to systems
  • K162 wormholes in sig panel show [A234] with the type of the other side
  • Wormhole type selector (both sides) in sig editor now has a dropdown button. The dropdown will show you wormholes that are possible given the two ends
  • Bug fix: you can now paste a signature that has the same name (ABC-123) as one in a different system
  • Updated the tutorial for the system panel
  • Life text is now “End of life” or “EOL” to avoid confusion with “Critical” for mass. (I’ve never heard anyone say “critical” for lifetime.)
  • Mass data and map updates from Viridian

Changes for contributors/hosters:

• There is now a unit test suite (js-test) using Mocha, just a few tests for new code so far, if you add new script please consider adding tests as well
  • json_builder now writes directly to combine.js
2 Likes

Can we get back white lines to gate connection pls?
Also will be very useful to get ability to lock the map for mask admin : for example so we can have constelation map locked fo scanning from ls. Ty

A new version 1.23 is now live on https://tripwire.eve-apps.com!

Key changes for users:

• User tracking - the character you are tracking with will now appear in the navbar

• K space systems will show you the path to the closest blue loot buyer (according to your normal routing rules)

• Zarzakh and its gates added to map. Zarzakh is a normal system for routing - if you don’t want to route through it add it to your ignore list (options panel)

• Faction warfare

• Information about FW systems is fetched from ESI (and cached serverside)
    • System panel for FW systems will show the current FW owner and the contested status
    • The Athounon-Samanuni gate will be available if Caldari own Athounon, but not if Gallente take it
  • In K space, the gates available in this system will now show on the system panel

• System panel has been rearranged to increase the space available for the things above.

• Chain map - Radial mode only (the org chart viewer tech doesn’t allow for it)

• Line thicknesses reflect the hole size. If a wormhole type isn’t given, it will be inferred based on the systems it connects e.g. a C1 will always show a medium hole.
    • Auras - a coloured glow effect has been added to wormhole lines, with colours matching the in game wormhole effect (small = blue, med = green, xl = orange). You can turn this off in options
    • Spacing factor (relative to the default) is now an option
  • Options panel has been rearranged to separate out chain related options including the new ones mentioned above

Also

• UX - Using the scroll wheel over the chain will no longer zoom it (you need ctrl+scroll to do that)
  • Automap will not map you into Jita or Amarr - this is almost always the result of someone podding out to a jump clone; in the rare event you get a genuine Amarr hole in chain you can add it manually
  • Automap works correctly jumping into Pochven
  • Performance - fixed an issue which meant calculating routes would evaluate the entire map every time. Contributor info: guidance.findShortestPath can now accept lists for start and end systems
2 Likes