Truesec and standings gains

Simple question: does truesec of the agent’s system affect standings gains, for normal missions and/or storylines?

1 Like

@Archer_en_Tilavine I believe you have information about this from testing your USIA co-head has done? I’d ping him, but he doesn’t appear to be on the forums.

Co-Head of the United Standings Improvement Agency [USIA] here.

So this is something that has been fiercely debated. I have read before that TruSec contributes a small amount (I think it was maybe up up to 10% bonux? I don’t remember - maybe it is listed in DMC’s The Plan or on EVE Uni or something), but we never got around to mathematically corroborating that claim (or asking CCP directly - I wonder if they’d provide that info?). In the standings gain formula CCP publishes, there is no component that indicates that TruSec modifies the gains, but then again there is no reason to believe the “i-value”, which is the standing gain %, in the formula isn’t itself modified. What I can say for sure is that:

• LP/ISK gains are affected by TruSec
  • Different agents of the same corp and level and the same starting faction/corp/agent standing in the same system (ie. TruSec is identical) offering the same mission can give you different ISK/LP reward for that same mission offered under identical circumstances. This surprised us very much
  • In practice, even if standing gains were affected by TruSec, the increase would be negligibly slight, and there are far greater considerations as to which agents and areas of operation you would choose; you wouldn’t necessarily want to dive to the lowest TruSec agent available.

If you have any more questions, feel free to join the USIA Discord server and we’ll be happy to answer them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.