Trying to work out actual North in New Eden

2 Likes

Isnt Oop Nyorth where @Jonah_Gravenstein comes from?

1 Like

For an easy flat map representation of the regions, you could use the maps provided at the bottom of the Monthly Economic Reports.

eveCompass
is that not what this little arrow indicates?
(edit: to be clear, the same exists on the star map in the lower left corner)

3 Likes

Nah Iā€™m from down south, any further south and Iā€™ll need a boat.

omg peeps just use the old AKA good map

1 Like

Huh. Wonder where I got that idea from

No idea, @Mortlake is more of a northerner than I am, and heā€™s in bloody South Wales, while Iā€™m down in scrumpy country.

Youā€™re all grockles :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like a star in the background, never noticed that before.

I want grids on the map, we can all make use of grids.

never took notice of that little arrow, with camera tracking always on. Thx for sharing that one, going to check it out.

But now letā€™s make it even more difficultā€¦and letā€™s put the whole universe in to itā€™s actual 3D formā€¦

What is north now

1 Like

The proper answer would be ā€œwhere we agree to put itā€. But I refuse to have that debate before they give Pluto its proper status as 9th planet back :stuck_out_tongue:

In absence of a well-defined reference point, letā€™s stick with ā€œItā€™s at the Restaurant at the End of the Universeā€.

2 Likes

Deep Thought agrees

2 Likes

New Eden needs a magnetic north.
/

Adding that the old map looks plain and dull.

True. Iā€™m practically an Eskimortlake.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a compass on the HUD.

With the help of the green navigational lines ā€¦
ā€¦ and a bit of travelling ā€¦
ā€¦ you should be easily able to determine where the ā€œcluster-wideā€ North is.

ā€¦

ā€¦ assuming that said compass actually uses global coordinates.

Personally I find the idea of a compass in space rather silly.

What is pulling the compass on the HUD North?

Where is that in relation to the Wormhole that brought us all here before it closed.

Is North truly where that Compass takes us?

1 Like

Great questions!

1 Like

Suction. Or quantum entanglement. Or a space hamster pulling silky strands tied to the compass.

But if you donā€™t like the current north, I suggest you use the F9 map instead. That one - how could it be any different when you start digging into EvE stuff - has north to the ā€¦ south, Yep, they flipped the solar system chart upside down because ā€¦ reasons/trolling/blonde moments ? So if you want to align your F9 map with the rest of the clientā€™s North indication (compass on HUD, F11, F10, tactical overlay), turn it 180Ā°, and learn to read the tactical overlay upside down too on that map. In other words, ccplease. At least they didnā€™t make it a mirror image.

to its North (using the same reference frame with North at infinity)

No, it would take us to Hamster Central, the heart of the Matrix. Are you The One ?
dywtn

1 Like

When you open the map itā€™s defaulted to normal, so if you donā€™t rotate map youā€™ll find north up.