Tutorial gone?

You said not to reply to you and yet you reply to questions asked of another forum member so, again, are you drunk, Mike?

Not sure why this turned into a flame war. Here are my thoughts:

1. Itā€™s a convenient refresher course for returning players

2. If youā€™re a completionist, youā€™re precluded from finishing this unless you donā€™t leave the system. That used to not be the case. NOTE: If you have alts on the same account, you can not proceed through the tutorial unless you are able to start training a skill. Personally, I tended to wait until I had a gap in my training queue in my other alts before finishing the tutorial for a new character.

3. Maybe you enjoy blasting easy-to-kill drifters when you get bored of doing other content. Eve has always been about allowing players to determine what content they enjoy no matter how inconsequential it may appear to be.

4. Leaving a starter system seems a poor way of indicating that you never want to experience the tutorial. You only get a pop-up on the way out that people can easily click through without realizing the consequences. I donā€™t know of any other starter content that is subject to this restriction.

Again: The tutorial is only available in starter systems. Itā€™s not ā€œgame-ableā€ to get you an advantage over other uses. It serves a useful purpose, and its removal seems arbitrary and unnecessary. I donā€™t see how removing it improves the player experience.

1 Like

Because too many Trolls in the forum, like that nasty individual DeMikesomething :unamused:

And capsuleers were not meant to live in wormholes eitherā€¦

ā€“Gadget does what she wantsā€¦ within profit margins

1 Like

Did I say what?

I think one of the reasons why it was removed for players who completed it, was to possibly cut down on the griefing, which is a bannable offense as it is.

Any lvl 1 mission can be refresher course.

Yes, itā€™s a tutorial, tutorials are meant to be finished with first.

Start training it, not complete it. You can stop skill training on your main for 5-10mins it takes to train it with your Alt.

Level 1 missions are what youā€™re talking about. Plus, the tutorial doesnā€™t give you that many drifters to kill over a long period of time, it can be done in 20mins.

You leave system when tutorial is complete. Aurora then sends you to the station to choose Career Agents. CCP is not responsible for people putting the chariot before the mules.

Decisions in EVE have consequences, what better way to learn that by choosing to jump into another system while not having finished the tutorial? Learn and move on.

1 Like

It happens because of 2 week old troll alts like Han Zealot who donā€™t have anything to contribute.

1 Like

I hope so. New players donā€™t need bored experienced players griefing them while theyā€™re still in the process of understanding the game.

which they can still be griefed in the areas where the career agents are, and still, thats a bannable offense there also.

They can get ganked in career agentsā€™ systems and I think thatā€™s ok. The sooner they learn it can happen the sooner they learn how to avoid it or try to anyway.

This protection also extends to systems in which ā€˜Career Agentsā€™ are located and as well as to systems associated with The Blood Stained Stars - Sisters of EVE Epic Arc.

2 Likes

If the OP is referring to the tutorial agents, they were always, and still should be, available via the f12 menu. Afaik you can only do them once per agent, but thereā€™s 3 sets of agents offering the same missions for each faction; giving 12 runs at it.

Back in the day when standings actually meant something and I sold corps with pos rights in hisec I did 6 sets of tutorial agents for two allied factions and the soe arc, plus a fair bit of @DeMichael_Crimsonā€™s standings repair plan on my alts for access to everywhere.

1 Like

So because iā€™m almost 10 years old, iā€™ve never done the tutorial with this character, so i have it availableā€¦ however, my alt i created a few weeks back, and did the tutorial with her, not available.

The agents or the hereā€™s a spaceship bit?

the NPE, before the career agentsā€¦ Thereā€™s 7 missions.
Long-range scanners have confirmed the presence of Seekers at a nearby wreckage site. Clear them so investigators can move in.

1 Like

IIRC thatā€™s a one time only thing, NPE I did on my original character consisted of hereā€™s a spaceship, youā€™re gonna die, only got to do it once.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the old, old Tutorial.

Heā€™s talking about the current Tutorial which basically explains all the basic controls and starts the player on a short mission series.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/New_Player_Experience_Tutorial_-_Seeker_Investigation

Yep. The concern here isnā€™t that there arenā€™t other means of figuring out things. Of course there are. Itā€™s that a feature that is put in place to serve as part of the NPE has been suddenly gated for no discernible reason.

The rationale on why itā€™s no big deal all fall under the notion that the NPE tutorial is superfluous and not a useful addition to the game. Take any other helpful feature thatā€™s been added. Remove it without explanation. Are there alternatives? Of course. Does it improve the player experience? No. Thatā€™s what happened here.

Imagine, for example, if CCP decided to remove warp-to-zero in a patch. Would players survive? Of course. We lived that era of Eve before. People had a jillion bookmarks. Ignoring server load, it worked. However, it wasnā€™t a better player experience.

2 Likes

Would have been nice if we could keep the old system and the new system.