Unable to determine version - hangs on launcher

I’ve tried both the regular and the beta launchers and neither work, they hang on " Unable to determine version".

The regular launcher seemed to pop up a window about purging some files, but that didn’t progress anything.

Tried turning VPN off to no avail. Tried VPN-ing to USA, which changed nothing.

Running Ventura 13.4.1 (c)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Though I don’t see how hardware is going to matter for simply getting the launcher to download the software.

Any trick to this? Thanks! o7

It might be that something went wrong installing an update. You might try to restart and see if it forces an update. If it seems like it’s hanging on purging extra files, give it a few minutes, that’s not unusual.

You might have a corrupted file somewhere. You can go to the launcher settings and verify your shared cache.
This will attempt to identify and fix any broken or missing files.

Could also be a problem connecting to the Eve Server due to a network issue. Firewalls, anti-virus software, or sever-side security filtering could be the culprit. You might try to connect through your VPN through a different route to rule out a problem with Eve’s security filtering.

You could also try reinstalling the launcher altogether. If none of this works, file a help ticket through the Eve website.

The problem is that it’s stuck at this stage. And there is no access to launcher preferences at this stage, so not sure how I can purge cache.

I guess I will leave it for 2 hours or so and see if that does anything. I already reinstalled the launcher(s) twice.

I guess I’ll file a ticket after that. Thanks, mate. 07

EDIT: Never mind. I found some rules deep in my firewall that denied EVE online hahaha. I feel silly. It’s fixed now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.