Understanding Injectors

It would be very unfair when players who put in extra private (financial) resources would not receive advantages over those who don’t :joy::innocent:

That’s no longer a game then…

Luckily, EvE has no win conditions, so extra cash might get you an advantage somewhere, but won’t help you “win” EvE.

—Gadget wins anyway

1 Like

go go gadget vibrator

I don’t know about paying to “win”, but I’d pay good money to get this uncomfortable hunk of plastic and alloyed tritanium unstuck from my ****.

0.01 m3 may not sound like much volume, but try hauling it around up yer **** for any length of time and we’ll talk… these injector thingies should come with clearer instructions.

1 Like

I like you don’t agree with the concept that injectors = Pay to win. When I think of pay to win i first think of either getting something not available in game that gives me an advantage, or in other games getting the perfect build character. But EVE is one of a kind in the fact you can purchase enough injectors to have every skill in the game at 5. You can sell plex’s to get gobs of ISK to buy you a super cap or whatever ship you desire almost day one. But unlike any other game I played personally in eve those things don’t necessary give you any advantage over another. You can have all the skills maxed. You can have your bling ship. But if you don’t know Eve, its mechanics, how to fly your ship, how to fit it, limitations and strengths of other ships, Your perfect character in its bling ship will generally die to someone who knows how to fly…

Sorry for the poorly formatted thrown together response I just have never seen eve as being P2W possible.

1 Like

It’s more like older experienced players who are getting PLEX to sell for ISK to skill inject and equip new characters.

Those players already have the knowledge and the experience. What they’re doing is bypassing the time investment usually associated with maxing a character. Those characters are quickly used to fortify and boost the effectiveness of their main character in-game, thus Pay 2 Win.

1 Like

everyone keeps spewing the words P2W but does anyone understand the meaning, eve can’t be P2W

ok I spent $$$ to make a toon with max skills then what ? how does that make me win eve ?

But if I was to P2W eve then I’d use that isk not SP to buy an alliance to wreak havoc on eve that might be considered paid to win eve other then that there is no P2W eve

By bypassing the regular time constraints that’s normally associated with developing a character to be highly proficient in one or more of the various career paths available in game.

3 Likes

still not an answer, have a long hard think about P2W and what you just answered. there is NO P2W in eve think hard about that. So what if a person jumps ahead of the career path que this is no WIN its actually suicide.

How is it suicide? This is just about creating a character and training skills with Injectors.

Skill training in Eve was originally designed and intended to be a time sink, taking months to years for a character to become highly proficient and specialized in a couple of career choices.

In Eve, using Skill Injectors is basically the equivalent of P2W due to bypassing that time sink which enables players to create a specialized character overnight.

As for ‘Winning Eve’, each player has a different definition for what that actually means.

again you fail to explain how its P2W other then he can fly a ship you can’t. Explaining P2W as he jumped the que is butt hurt explanation. If you bothered to explain HOW then I’d respect you but right now you’re saying “cause that’s why”

P2W is about beating you, eve is not about beating you its about numbers EG: I know eve very well so lets say I spend $5000 US Dollars and make a toon you and 4 friends in low sec I take on I still will not beat you based on pure DPS so get over your ego num nut P2W in eve does not exist UNLESS I us my wealth to hire Goon to beat your ass with whipped cream

2 Likes

Yet you repeatedly prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

Yup hence that reply from you. you have no argument so you stick out your tongue

Wow, you’re really dense … and butthurt as well.

P2W is not just about ‘Winning against another player’. Pay To Win is when a game offers useful items or services that you can buy which provides an advantage to progress significantly faster than what’s available from normal game time progression.

P2W exists in Eve. Get over it already.

Isn’t the long running joke to “win” Eve is to quit?

Not saying I like injectors or agree with their place in eve though.

2 Likes

I guess when it comes to butt hurt you specialize, but don’t take it personal sunshine it will pass with time

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.