[UNF-A][Eugales Superproject]Return to the Reliquary sub-Project

Citation needed

If I were, you would not be in any doubt; but in principle I do not particularly care for disinformation.

1 Like

So let me get this curved.

A capsuleer organisation, is going to use repurposed orbital mining equipment to move some weird ruins they found, so that they can be investigated more properly.

Well, that’s no more horrifically destructive and unscientific than has become the norm for capsuleer archaeology. So, while I may raise an eyebrow, or two, it’s not really any better or worse than I’d have expected.

But this is happening in the Eugales system, which CONCORD’s anti-AI division have taken an interest. Now this is getting interesting. So there’s talk of “illegal precursor artifacts” and “ancient technology”, that may even be dangerous to all humanity according to one of the other IGS threads I read today.

So… Capsuleers are digging a big hole with a big laser, and they’ve awoken an ancient and terrifying AI construct that will doom humanity ?

Hot damn, now that’s a spicy meatball !

I could lecture about proper archaeological procedure, but that’d be boring and make me sound pompous. I want to see this AI rampage !

2 Likes

That use of the mining equipment for that task is a classical textbook example of a saying “When you’re a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.”

How dangerous would you rate it from 0 to 10 and how much would you like for us to come and take care of that mining installation so it won’t be terryfyingly waving its drill at people anymore?

Why am I unsurprised that once again, CalMil, or at least a member of such, is at the forefront of making threats against UNF Infrastructure?

I’d largely advise you not to pursue this further, but that is ultimately up to you really.

I haven’t made any threats… yet. Though, if you’d like them, lets talk serious.

I can say that I am monitoring the situation and considering whether we should intervene and put a stop to this or see what will happen next. Though you probably shouldn’t worry about it much since you and your petty project aren’t at the moment on the top of my ‘to do’ list, we still have a lot of more dangerous infrastructure to get rid of. I am not the one who prioritizes targets only because they ‘look Nauplius-esque’. This means that for now you can feel safe, provided you won’t do something extremely stupid (for example, ACTUALLY hurting any Lai Dai personnel or asset) to climb on the whole top.

If that will happen - you will know about this by a timer notification.

Well, to be fair, paleocryptoxenocyberarchaeology is not my particular field of expertise, so giving a threat rating to a potential precursor AI is a little bit out of my remit.

At a rough guess, keeping in mind that this could be severely overestimated, based on the concrete facts available at this time, I would suggest it could be at least 0. Possibly.

1 Like

If I wanted to fire at a Lai Dai outpost or convoy, it would have been done. There is a reason a courtesy warning was given for LDPS forces to vacate certain locations prior to the firing of the drill(this was also broadcast across local frequencies multiple times as well ahead of the firing), the intent being to limit any potential for casualties as much as possible.

I may have a sharp disdain for LDPS but they have not, as yet, actively killed any of my personnel, even if they briefly detained, and brutalized a number of researchers who have since been recovered and are receiving treatment for fractures, bruising, and in one case, a punctured lung.

As of now, all archaeological and research stations under UNF control have been reinforced to a higher security standard for the protection of civilian workers, but no active strikes are authorized against LDPS at this time.

IF an escalation occurs, I will not be the one making the move for it, Strike Commander, and I hope you pay attention to that. Frankly, as LDPS has attacked my assets, and caused physical harm to those in my employ, I likely should retaliate, but for now I shall wait, and see. And if LDPS makes a move to… acquire, a facility or mineral deposit on the ground through hostile action again, as most asset claim missions tend to be, then I hope you understand that those in my employ are fully authorized to defend themselves against threat of harm or death.

Is that a fair stance, Strike Commander?

Do you have any solid proof of that actually happening?

I don’t have any reason to doubt that you know what you’re doing, plus I have little interest in archeology anyways. Good luck and all.

1 Like

2 days have passed, still no answer.
I thought so.

So, what do you have then, just some alleged incriminations and your disdain? In either way, it’s not my business. Do I have a face like I care?

You can solve your legal issues with LDPS if you wish (and if you can pay for that) in CBT and if they will care to listen to jaijii, though for sure money can help you get heard.

I am not a lawyer to get into these details. I am a soldier who protects assets and personnel of State Megacorporations with my life. Your reasons for aggression have no meaning for me.

Do you realize you are not in a position to demand ANYTHING from our Honorable Megacorporation? You aren’t even a citizen to ASK them anything you want. Moreover, THREATENING their operations with your drills.

If you really want something from our Megacorporation, you should file an offer, cotaining a significant reward for them to even consider reading your proposal.

As for the escalation to happen, it was already your threat and demand, pointing that drill at the groundside workers, which could be described as nothing else but a terrorism.

We in the State aren’t crazy weaklings like Gallenteans who will scream out loud “AHH, THAT’S A TERRORIST, BURN IT WITH FIRE!”, however crazy and brutal your threats could be (I don’t think even Nauplius was trying to drill his slaves to death from the orbit) and the immediate retribution will come if you commit actual crime, would it be under the excuse or terrorism, piracy or anything else - that doesn’t bother us much.

And my duty as Caldari Officer is to protect every State asset and State personnel from any enemy of the State, terrorist, pirate, triglavian, or whatever else threat will appear.

And I hope you understand, that threatening means becoming a threat.

As for who will make first move… I might (and not as a punishment for being a terrorist, but as a means of removing existing threat from existence). Threat has been issued, means you’re a threat. And while you aren’t on the top of my list, you’re still on it as a ‘DRILL TERRORIST’. A minor, but still a threat.

If you’d like to hop of it completely and secure yourself completely from our retribution and elimination of existing threat, you shall do following:

1. Bring official excuses to LDPS.
  2. Pay the fines to every ISK that they will put on you.
  3. Stay clear from any existing further Lai Dai or LDPS operations and leave the area of their interest with all the haste, disregarding what or whom you will have to leave.

As you can guess, as a Caldari officer I am not going to negotiate terms with a terrorist and these conditions are not to be discussed, they are either to be UNCONDITIONALLY accepted or disregarded completely if you wish to stay as a ‘DRILL TERRORIST’.

Is that a fair stance, Ms. Brezia?

LDPS 203rd Combined Asset Protection Regiment Confirms Destruction of Research Site on First Moon of Eugales V

I am curious which of these things you are going to claim is untrue.

1 Like

Lauralite isn’t demanding anything. From what I can read, she doesn’t give a ■■■■ that Cadari forces are on the moon. She’ll do whatever she wants anyways, regardless of their presence or lack thereof. She isn’t demanding that they leave, she’s giving advance notice of an operation that she will carry out that would plausibly put them at risk. They can leave or not, it’s their choice.

Also, Lauralite. “Drill Terrorist” is a ■■■■■■■ awesome title and under no circumstance should you relinquish it.

2 Likes

She’s operating in the warzone of Caldari State. She can either submit to our authority or consider herself rogue and enemy of the State. And in the latter case, for Maker’s sake, she really should NOT whine and complain about our attacks. It’s her choice, anyway.

At worst, I am an enemy of your Militia due to unprovoked hostile actions undertaken in the spring and summer of YC120 by State Protectorate aligned capsuleers and corporations in direct support of an outspoken criminal entity, otherwise, I maintain quite cordial relations with The State at large with the exception if Lai Dai, and perhaps CBD at this point.

Let’s go back a bit further in some other statements you’ve made.

I have a provisional citizenship through NOH as a licensed Entertainer, so I would ask that you retract this false claim. If you’d like clarification on this, you may contact Ms. Yokomes, one of my employees, and assistant with majority of my legal inquiries within tbe State when she is not doing her own work managing substudios.

Then perhaps, may I educate you briefly about what you demanded previously? You demanded I give evidence, likely in the form of videographic evidence and medical reports I’d presume… evidence that, if I released publically, would hinder the usage of such things in a suit in the CBT against LDPS, as they would have grounds to dismiss it out of hand. For someone with your rank and position I’d encourage you to research some of the processes surrounding the CBT, it is quite fascinating really.

Neither, actually. Unfortunately, it seems that, indeed the research site, and a large portion of the adjoining archaeological ruin set to be brought up during this extraction suffered a currently unprecedented catastrophic collapse. One that should have been statistically improbable with the level of advanced inertics and shielding being employed across the site. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of this collapse, and to recover any archaeological materials that remain.

Lai Dai has claimed that all valuable materials had been recovered, but I’m not so sure that their idea of ‘valuable’ aligns perfectly with our own.

It aligns perfectly with every precedent I have seen for use of upwell moon drills.

On separate, but related note, per the other part of the original posting for this thread, about the first, and to this date still largest, extracted Ruin from YC119 being towed to the Orbital Yard over Eugales VI, the transfer from the previous deadspace location to the Yard proper has concluded, and the relic enclosure is being integrated into the core infrastructure under heavy guard.

If you’re going to make statements about quotes, please keep them in context. In the context given, the collapse was unprecedented with the technology being used for stabilization that has, again, proven quite reliable. More information with be available later.

In that case may I educate you on how to read sentences properly? Considering I’ve asked only if you have them, but never asked you to provide them. Maybe only stating their nature to emphasize their significance, but in either way I am not a freaking tribunal. Just wanted to know if you have something to back your words or you just toss them around aimlessly, and what I got in reply? Silence. Right.

Thus I’d encourage you to do your own research. Likely, in the ABC book of the language you’re using.

I’ve asked a rather simple and straightforward question. It could be answered with simple yes or no. If you failed to understand it or thought it meant more than what was written, well, whoops. Not my problem.

Well, fine. You may ASK them something, VERY politely.
Still you are in no position to demand anything, considering you’re still acting as an independent capsuleer without State identifier near your own or your Corporation logotype.
And I repeat, if it wasn’t clear (for some weird reason) from my previous reply. Your legal inquires are not my concern.
I am a soldier, and I do protect the State.
From all the enemies.
Foreign and domestic alike.

So, a follow up statement is now in order since some of the dust has settled to clarify some things.

First, The collapse that I was informed of, in the archaeological site that was being extracted, was NOT due to the primary extraction firing as I was initially informed of, and, instead was caused by a tractor beam failure, that resulted in the extracted rock falling several kilometers, before it could be brought back online to re-engage the tractor beam, and this overloaded the inertic systems stabilizing the ruins and complex, which had not been calibrated to withstand such an event, leading to the collapse of the ruins and research complex. There are salvagable relics and data from both that will have to be manually excavated as the chunk is pulled in over the next nine days, but the ruin is largely a loss, though deep scans of the layout were made prior to the extractions. I take full responsibility for this failing, unintended as it was.

Secondly, regarding the LDPS research site, which I was not aware even would be in the damage zone of the drill itself(nor was I informed that the footnote in today’s news was in regard to the LDPS base, I had been informed it was tied to our own research facility and the ruin collapse at the time of previous posting by an unfortunately overworked staffer who has been put on leave to recover), I also take responsibility for it, and, even, am willing to offer reparations for the loss of what I’m sure is quite useful equipment, should an LDPS representative reach out to me. I am glad to hear that no loss of life seems to have been incurred here. Though in turn I still condemn the rough treatment of researchers that had been briefly detained by LDPS units prior to their evacuation.

Hopefully, this can all be resolved mostly amicably.

I would like to pass along the regards of the assorted security personnel and warclones now stationed at all remaining UNF archaeological and research sites on the moon to the good Colonel @Aina_Yuminoro , a surprising amount of respect given from them toward your record of success.

1 Like

Acknowledged.
The operation is being put on hold.
Siege fleet is moving to a different operational zone.

– D. Kim, Strike Cmdr.