Unfair pricing

How about plexing ^^ Don’t want to give CCP your own $$$? Then plex. There are many ways to plex and play eve for free. Well from your wallet is free.

I’m not even going to bother yes it has it root in Iceland but you forget to mention all the American interest in the game they have a North American branch an I buy that it might be some difference when converting currency but almost 15 euro cmon…
And about jita everyone have access to it right you have a choice using it or not i can’t pay i dollars thats my point if I could i would. Im dropping this now it takes to much energy for what? Clearly nothing at all.

IIRC, the american branch is closed… the only locations that i recall are the one in london, which is also where the server is.

CCP is headquartered in Reykjavík, Iceland, which serves as the home of the EVE Online development team. In addition to our headquarters on top of the world, we also have development studios in London and Shanghai working on additional projects and supporting our existing titles in those regions.

Come to Australia where we pay in US$.
A US14.99sub is currently a little over $22AU.

It bothered me for a time, then after talking to many US players I figured - Australia has higher wages, better living conditions, better cost of living and is all round a better place to live than the US, so paying a little more is acceptable.

1 Like

Your source specifically talks about price differences between other EU countries, not countries outside of the EU. So before accusing, actually know what you are talking about.

What kind of person does not read an OP to the end?

I will leave that to your imagination. But CLEARLY this thread needs a recap of the end of the OP.

Main point is the request for a shorter interval in pricing updates. That is TOTALLY reasonable.

Those accusing the OP of just complaining are FLAT OUT WRONG, and it may not only be failure to read the ENTIRE post, it might also be the standard, malicious and IDIOTIC behaviour so common on this forum.

Now, what the OP offered for discussion was clarification of the issue. So CLARIFY IT…and get off the OP’s back.

= 115.97 USD

99 pound sterling = 134 USD…

lol, no

HaHaHa.
Ok Brisc I get it, doesn’t affect you so its not true.

1 Like

you’re not far off… $14.99 USD is only $20.31 AUD

1 Like

Give it a few weeks (or even 24hrs a lot of the time) it will change again.
AU players don’t get the luxury of a fixed price when it comes to buying from CCP. Prices change regularly, $14.99US 3 months ago was $22.71AU, earlier this year it was closer to $25AU.

Imagine if US players had to pay in EUR, currently instead of $14.99US you’d be paying $17.38US.

Doubt. :slight_smile:

when you realize people out side the US don’t understand states have unique governments economies and cultures. Its almost like they are several countries forming a union.

your comparison is like saying “I talked to someone in Paris France, all of the EU has ■■■■ filling the streets and apartments cost more for a month than i make in a year”

Though to be fair the same can be said for most Americans living in big cities who think their experiences and issues are the same as everyone across the US.

2 Likes

You mean like Australia, where each state and territory is governed by its own government.

My post was tongue in cheek, I like many Americans love my country but
17 years of playing Eve, mainly in various US TZ’s due to my own work schedules, wouldn’t be a decent cross section of different experiences and lifestyles.
Add to that we have thousands upon thousands of US residents coming here (or did before Covid) and passing through my previous workplace (backpacker lodges) annually. I guess US backpackers wouldn’t be a reliable sources though. Afterall most of them are only in their 20’s so wouldn’t be worth listening to.

Maybe all the US military who come here wouldn’t be worth listening to at the pub (an Aussie drinking establishment) when they talk about home either. I mean really, what would members of the US military from all over the US know about living there.

Not saying America isn’t a nice place to live but given what information I’ve garnered over the years - I’ll always call Australia home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCKXLXWNXg - yeah I’m old :joy:

The prices difference is on par with what it should be. The reason is the cost of living differences. For the sake of writing a 100-page report, a high-level view. The minimum wage in the USA is $7.50 or $6.50 EURO. Other cost of living differences example would be in the US individual pay for medical for example verse a paid-for system. And lastly is a tax on the gaming industry, or simply put VAT. I don’t want to go into the geopolitical discussion but did want to point out what is considered in the cost of living and setting global pricing. The way CCP does their pricing is very common to other MMO’s.

OP

1 Like

Heh. The correct answer is somewhere hidden in that post, 40+ replies further down the OP.

It’s VAT (tax). Even companies operating outside the EU, rarely get to avoid paying it on bank transactions from customers within the EU. VAT varies between EU countries, so most companies pick something about the average value (roughly 20%) and then round it up to something-and-99-cents. You usually end up getting a value that looks like dollar parity. The lazy way to go about it, of just switching the currency signs, works out reasonably well if you have account for the taxman.

Removed some off topic, inappropriate posts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.