Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

Changes didn’t happen? oh. Good news!
thanks for the extra info.

For now. they made it clear when they reverted it in December 2020 that it would be coming back once they can figure out how to code it so it doesn’t break things.

1 Like

oh wow that makes me not want to reactive my 4 accounts. I was about to spend £1000.

The first time i bought ‘the power of two’ to fly two dominix battleships was precisely because i had become a master of drones.

It sounds like one of the devs has heard ‘botting with automated accounts’ and ’ drones automatically attack things’ and can’t seem to understand they are completely different things because the word ‘automatic’ is in there.

Will auto-attack missiles be removed? because alot of smart lvl4 mission runners just have auto-fire-missile drakes and i don’t imagine they are going to edit the missiles to become brain-damaged-retards with genetic disorders making them incapable of spelling their own name.

This was rolled back a while ago @Ragnarok_Knight

Yeah but Sylvia is saying that the devs might still want to do it?
Has anyone got a link to that post? I want to read it before i reactivate my accounts or not.

Auto-targeting missiles.

Also : look at these dominix loss mails.
Alot of them are ratting ships.
Am i supposed to believe that forcing 1000s of players to press a button 1000s of times just because a few people multi-box will positively impact the vast majority of players? it makes no sense.

Dominix | Losses | Ship | zKillboard

I mean, who knows WHEN it will happen, but what they were trying to do in December was turn off auto-aggression from drones (set to aggressive) in PVE but leave it on for PVP.

It broke drone assist. As in, assisting your drones to someone just wasn’t working normally.

I think it broke something else as well, but I can’t remember the other thing. But anyway, drone code second only to POS code, right?

And yes, I expect that once they figure out how to nerf aggressive drones in PVE, they’ll be coming for FOFs next. Enjoy them while you can!

Or, i cannot enjoy them whilst i can because i won’t re-sub to eve.

it’s a massive change to drones, for no perceivable benefit to the game at all.

The ultimate protest is not shooting the statue in ammar.
The ultimate protest is to simply not re-sub to the game.

Here are the posts in this very thread CCP made when they reverted the chat in December, btw:

From that, I take it that if they can do something similar to subcap drones as what they did to cap/supercap fighters and bombers… then they will, to reduce low/no attention drone gameplay.

But also, they DO value drone assist (which… while not aggressive drones, is very useful when multiboxing… after all, if you have 5 rattlesnakes on grid and one of them gets attacked by rats, the other 4’s drones are just gonna sit there unless you have all 4 of them guard the 5th one… or unless you just make one the drone bunny and assist all the others to it and just control them that way).

So we’ll see what they get around to doing (and when). I believe one poster’s reaction to the reversion was “see you in 3 years”, though.

players LOVE their drones.
They love ratting with their drones.
They ARE paying attention, constantly looking at local for example, piloting their ship to avoid damage.
very VERY few go completely AFK.

What the hell is AFK abuse anyway?
Is someone with a clocked probing ship-alt in wormhole space ‘afk abusing’?
It’s nonsense.

"Yeah this really zen playstyle that huge numbers of our highest paying customers love is kinda similar but not really to botters clogging up high-sec with their mining vessels "

If the option to control drones like fighters was ADDED , i’d be up for it. It would be nice to control their orbit ranges, and engagement distances.

But taking away auto-aggression? yeah, i’m going to have to think about if i want to re-sub. with my £1000.
I’m a dedicated drone-boat multi-boxer, our voices should be listened to because we are the one USEING this feature.

What next? Auto-pilot removal from freighters?
Miners have to manually move each 1m/3 from their ore bay seperately?

Urgh.

yeah, I was a 1x myrm/domi/rattlesnake/ishtar pilot when I was new, then 2x domi, then 2x ishtar, then 3x ishtar…

and then they nerfed the ishtar and sentries like 3-4 times overall and… yeah.

By that time I was flying Vindis and NMs in incursions and I started to transition over to gunboats primarily.

Now my main can fly all subcaps but blops and edencom and my secondary, Sylvia here, is almost as good (no hictors/dictors or logi, mostly) at combat subcaps. I enjoy guns, missiles, and drones a lot.

But yes, I’ll always consider myself a Gallente droneboat captain first and foremost. ;D

Then why aren’t you flying them.

I mean, I still do occasionally.

But mostly I fly Paladins/Sleipnir in incursions now, I fly Claymores or Sleipnirs or Leshaks or any marauders (Kronos is most fun, Pallies/Vargurs also great, Golems kinda boring) for L4 missions…

I run anoms with 3x FOF jackdaws on my mains (and on my frig/DD alts) for faction spawns and escalations. Depending on the escalation, I’ll either clear it with the jackdaws themselves or maybe upship into ye olde triple ishtar comp.

The good ol’ Lovetar (4 small deadspace armor remote reps in the highs of all 3 ishtars, repping each other up and repping sentries or heavies that take aggro as well).

For events, I sometimes do confessors or tengus or ishtars but lately I mostly have used my claymores. Tried Ikitursas as well.

Oh, and for WH content mostly Tengus / Basis / Rattlesnakes and for the trig / Pochven content I’ve mostly used Leshaks, Ikitursas, Hurricanes, Muninns, etc.

Yeah well, I wanted to re-sub to fly my domi’s fleet.
I’ve never fired a missile in in all the years between 2009 - 2014

I’m gonna have to seriously consider if i have enough time and money to play EVE with now i’m married and all. I’d set aside the money and everything but this one issue is making me re-think about it as it would negatively effect my drone-boat-playstyle so much.

I’m not a ■■■■■■■ skinner box pidgeon.

Their are 2144 replies at the time I’m writing this so my apology’s if I’m repeating what someone else has already said.

My only issue about this change concerns missions like “The Blockade” where you get groups of rats that warp in at a distance and are quite heavy on sensor damps. Now I know that mobility can overcome this but it’s also quite helpful to be able to dump your drones out into space so when the sensor damps hit the drones auto aggress and attack the cruisers whilst I close the distance to reacquire my locks.

Kestrix

So not only will my drones get insta-aggro’d while I’m being jammed and sensor damped, they won’t even attack back? Why have drones?

Guess I’ll just go with auto-targeting missiles then.

And how will this affect salvage drones? Will we need to target each wreck and manually salvage? If that’s the case, then the mobile tractor structure shouldn’t auto-target wrecks either.

@Feng_Schui you and @Kestrix have a reading comprehension problem somewhere. Which, this never should have been bumped by kestrix in the first place (should have been closed)

this change was reverted due to other issues with the drones and how they worked. so no need to worry about the changes… they didn’t go through.

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode can we please close this?

@Feng_Schui as i mentioned, this change never happened… if you read the date on the first post, its november 2020… This thread was supposed to have been locked 3 months after the last post was made. Kestrix posted 6 days ago when they shouldn’t have been able to.

Or it could have been the fact that this thread was at the top of the forum and December is not that far away. This thread should have been locked when it was no longer applicable.

Huh, automod didn’t catch this thread. Let me take care of this for you all.

3 Likes