Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

well well well… could you be fair with community and finally diclare that you don’t need PVE players in this game?

30 Likes

EVE will die in the hands of a CCP product manager

30 Likes

At least they press F1.

3 Likes

so now you cant afk ishtar… dont do it and also dont care. What i want to know is how is this suppose to stop bots? if they auto warp when neutral enters system i am sure they can bash the f key…

23 Likes

bots programs will require only new function, to aggress a target

It will hit only normal players…
make that gameplay more attractive for normal ppl

22 Likes

TIL running an alliance constitutes as an F1 monkey

Dont you have some nestors to go SD on the undock?

CCP mining player RL wallets deeper with every patch, time to extract and unsub some accounts guys

12 Likes

Excellent change. AFK ratting should have never been allowed to get to where it is today.

7 Likes

bots are unaffected

18 Likes

The people multi-boxing 10 drone boats are.

1 Like

Boring grind remains boring grind and now requires actively being bored witless by the boring grind. Botting now even more appealing, since they are completely unaffected and can target/engage all on their own.

Congratulations, you made something boring and crap even more boring and crap. I am unimpressed.

51 Likes

You do realise this only affects afk players, it will have zero impact on bots.

25 Likes

To those that keep calling the PVE they’re doing boring… why not try harder PVE and actually challenge yourself, instead of running anomalies in highsec?

5 Likes

Does not affect bots

4 Likes

great change, looking forward to seeing something other then ONLY drone ships doing PvE - suddenly alot more ships have become viable, many of them far more efficient at PvE when used actively

3 Likes

Worth pointing out that this doesn’t actually make drone boats less viable - just that you have to, you know, play the game, to play the game.

10 Likes

The anti-farmer crusade continues!

Keep it up boys and girls at CCP, your bold efforts to solve long-standing problems warm my heart.

Can’t wait to see what is next!

8 Likes

Except for how much more visible bots become when they aren’t hidden behind all the afk aggressive drone users.

4 Likes

Running an alliance isn’t playing the game. Looking forward to finding out how much this change bites into your tax generation though.

It’s cute that you remember me self destructing dead weight on an undock in a sieged wormhole, but nah. I’m looking for another 77b in golems to kill in Pochven though, you got some for me?

Bots scripts will require updating their code.

Identify when target is locked.

Agress target.

Identify when target has died.

Agress new target.

There’s a reason why bots use these automatic systems, because it’s easier to program and harder to detect.

Now it will be easier to detect bot behavior, when before they simply warp to site, deploy drones, and recall them when site is over.

Regarding boring PvE content, mining is also boring, but you got to at least put your lasers on a rock before going afk. :slight_smile:

1 Like