Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

Press F to pay respect to NPC

8 Likes

This is a good change. HTFU…

4 Likes

In reality … the actual anom system was good until they start to nerf everything.
Why ? Beacause best money makking was super farming, and super need to not be AFK beacause you’re fighter can’t auto target. That all.

But since they decide to slow down anom respawn first time they have enoucrage thing to become more boring and help bot.

this means -2 subs on my side likely. congrats CCP how to ruin your own game slowly. and I tought its worth to pay for the game subscription to support the developer…

2 Likes

Thanks for the great change! 2 quick questions:

If you damp a drone ship and they release their drones will the drones still automatically chase the ship damping them even if they cannot lock that far?

Also will drones still stay aggressed passed their maximum drone control range as current? Which is kind of strange as other weapon platforms have a max range for balancing reasons.

If not then drones will still be in an OP state imo and will continue to dominate the meta. And that is not even getting into the perfect tracking that drones have from their flight pattern’s and how even heavies can catch 99% of ship’s inside an ESS.

2 Likes

no u hottie!

1 Like

I have a dream that one day cloaky camping will start following this.

5 Likes

This will not affect bots in any way. Its not hard to make them press button to attack and add some random delay so you won’t be able to easly identify them. Instead it will make them even more profitable cause normal humans won’t do that boring activity.
And tbh I think that is actually intended, CCP just want you to use your creadit card for ships etc instead of ratting for it (or using any ingame activity, so if you dont rat now dont be to happy your activity will be nerfed next). I won’t be surprised if in 3-6 month term you will have to rat 24\7 to just afford enough isk for plex.

5 Likes

So i guess that all the bots just need an update while all the actual real players are getting ■■■■■■ xD

1 Like

everyone is talking about bots, but this is huge for multiboxers that priviously used 20 gilas

4 Likes

and at no point did CCP say this was meant to combat bots…

3 Likes

Yes but it’s an incredible buff for bot.

1 Like

What do you think the “20 multiboxers” will do now? Cancel 19-20 of their accounts… this ='s less content for hunters.

3 Likes

How’s that?

Yea its great now the multi box’s will actually have to be skilled enough to use the 20 gila’s.

as a hunter i disagree, these setups are within constellations and all dock up at the same time when their eyes see a neut - this change will make battleships viable again and we’ll see the blops gameplay revived, PvE ships that are played actively will also get saved more often, creating more PvP if a ratter actually gets caught

2 Likes

Resource distribution change, ESS change and now this drone aggression change.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you…

8 Likes

If you think risk adverse ratters will all switch to battleships… I don’t know what game you play…

5 Likes

If you study game (not only EVE, but all game).
When something become very boring, people start to be ready to paid to simplify it. In eve case it means RMT will win more money. And how rmt make money ? BOT.
Beacause this change will make more player stop farm, it make power of bot increase.

In reality the only way to hard nerf bot is to revert near all change done by CCP last years. Beacause when money could be done relatively fast and actively (farm in super some years ago), and not totally safe (super was dying everyday … and a lot more target in space ), people have less incesitive to go to RMT website.

So all nerf to farm is actually a buff to botting.

4 Likes

@CCP_Paradox

That wouldn’t be a problem if you made engaging content, people only min/max it to be as low effort as possible due to how boring it really is.

Now, I’m all for this change if you guys have the brains to put together fun and engaging PVE content, not just mindless waves of red shapes to shoot

9 Likes