Upcoming Changes to Pochven

Suggests further improvements regarding Observatory Flashpoint and roaming NPCs. The reason for this proposal is that the current Observatory Flashpoint believes that the risk-reward balance is not right. (Site difficulty when PvP is not assumed)

Currently only Amarr NPCs spawn in Observatory Flashpoints in Pochven. Due to this, the difficulty of the sites is extremely reduced with a specific fitting, and it can be cleared with a very small number of people and a small investment.

Also, since there are not many variables inside the site, there are no factors that interfere with site clearing, except for PvP, and it is very stable.

Since the ISK reward is very overwhelming and the gain from root & salvage is very small, most players do not root & salvage, and it does not have a positive effect on the market in EVE.

This is the exact opposite of the concept of Invasion that has been going on to date. Therefore, i propose the following changes.

• Depending on region or other factors, certain types of EDENCOM NPCs spawn inside the sites. (Similar to Ch 3 Invaison. including Gallente, Caldari, and Minmatar affiliations)
  • Added a variable that allows EDENCOM roming NPCs to enter the CONCORD Observatory grid.
  • Diversified items dropped from the Zirnitra Blueprint Data Vault. (ex. Protective Equipment Patterns, Intact Neurosynaptic Profile, etc. or other Triglavian related items)

The following positive effects are expected when changed.

• Added variables in PvP situations such as contests.
  • Excessive ISK generation and suppression of bot players.
  • Activation of the Triglavian LP store and activation of the market for Triglavian items currently out of stock. Increased ISK Sinks.

Obviously, fundamental changes to the Pochven and Triglavian LP stores are also needed, but only those areas that need ‘improvement’, not major changes, to be included only on the topics currently being discussed.

Many players are writing in this post about ways to improve all content including EDENCOM - Triglavian, not just related to Pochven. Among them, there will be many opinions that are sufficiently convincing. Please take all these comments seriously.

Haha, … uhhh … drifters coming … MWD on!

1 Like

It makes the elephant in the room even bigger. The NPC gate camps were the last obstacle for mass movement and perma bubble camps in Pochven.

Observatory Flashpoint Change: No opinion.

Roaming NPC Fleets Change: Rip Pochven

I came back to Eve as an alpha in November 2020 after taking a year break (boredom). I moved to Pochven immediately, and resubbed, and then resubbed my alt account.

I loved the dynamic region with unpredictable NPC activtity, NPC vs NPC combat that could escalate or rapidly change the geography of a system. I got good at Dscanning, I baited people into chasing me into sleeper fleets, I salvaged and killed salvagers following NPC vs NPC combat. Despite playing since 2005, Pochven this year has been the first place I have ever got solo kills and I’m starting to enjoy it :stuck_out_tongue:

In removing roaming fleet content in the way you have, you are removing the one thing that makes Pochven substantially different from other areas of space.

With roaming NPC fleets you are constantly reminded that this space is hostile; that it is not “our” space, it is Triglavian space. We are just visitors. The constant churn of activity in a system that could change the geography (a station becomes quasi-inaccessible, a gate can no longer be camped due to drifters, a wormhole has been escalated so is no longer traversable), of it was interesting and exciting.

I won’t be living there if this change is implemented and considering I’ve played Eve since 2005 with Highsec, nullsec, lowsec, wormhole space etc… I’m not sure whether I’ll find somewhere interesting to go next or just take another break.

7 Likes

I think this topic is being way overcomplicated.

Good game design starts with a target goal.

Here’s my 0.02.

Inside Pochven standings with Edencom and Trigs should be a determining factor in the gameplay inside Pochven.

Outside Pochvven, contested or minor victory system should have a scaling participation factor based on the level of control over a system a particular faction has.

E.g., greater control = greater influence but with countermeasures available to contesting participants.

Good gameplay should incorporate the lore of the contesting factions without diminishing gameplay.

Suggest CCP work from here as a strategic target and start with slow but steady small refined changes, give time for the changes to bed in and iterate from there.

An idea, can we make it so, trigs in Pochven (and only Pochven) get neutral/blue only with +3 standing and higher?

This does two things, it gives value back to the people who took the standing grind, and make trig gate camps meaningful. With the proposed changes, the gate travel and camping would be basically free to everybody who have shot a single drone (except EDI players, but they are f*** anyway).

3 Likes

Make the sites spawn less often. Because they will be now farmed 24/7. At least seagulls made the stuff less attractive for farmers. Select few will get enormous amount, and the rest will get nothing, the disparity of income in scarcity rising. I wonder how will that make the major part of the playerbase feel. Major part that gets nothing, and actually even less than they used to make.

2 Likes

Matching the Incursion reward mechanics should not be done. The splitting of the reward to all who contributed is what sets Triglavian content apart from Incursions. Making it that only the biggest damage dealing fleet get’s all the rewards destroys creative ways to be disruptive.
A better solution would be to keep the reward mechanics the way they are right now, keep the restrictions on what is needed to be eligible for the reward and add the condition that people have to be within the arena section (the visible circle of structures/walls) of the site and have to do damage to the NPC’s of the site. Should this still be too big of an area, change it that people have to be within 100km of the structure
This way it’s not about who has the biggest group/wins the dps race in order to take all the rewards. It allows smaller groups to be a disruptive element and actually be at risk while doing so. It will allow for much more ways of players to interact with eachother and the content.

I also second what @Elsebeth_Rhiannon brought up with regard to the pro-Edencom reward situation. The difference between availability (number of systems where the sites can spawn and distance between them) and respawn rate is already leaning heavily in favor of Pochven. If the suggested changes get implemented, it will only increase the already massive reward gap between pro-Edencom and pro-Triglavian players.

The roaming NPC’s of Pochven should not focus on specific locations. The roaming aspect and different NPC fleets clashing with eachother is what keeps Pochven interesting. You never know what group of NPC will additionally show up at your location and it’s what set Pochven apart from other parts of space.
Concentrating the different NPC in seperate locations limits the options from people entering Pochven to go after specific NPC. With the concentration at locations, they are at a much higher risk of getting attacked by players and being at a big disadvantage, compared to the current roaming mechanics. It strongly lowers cat-and-mouse play between different groups of players and gives the players that attack other players too much of an advantage.

• edited this post to clear up possible confusion/miscommunication
9 Likes

I somewhat agree with that opinion. As a good example, the World Ark site is designed so that only a group prepared with Entropic Werpost, which attacks randomly, and a certain range of Abyssal Depths effects can launch an attack.

The overall concept of the Invasion site was an unstable but high risk and reward caused by the various directing variables. It is undeniable that these effects contributed greatly to the unique fun and differentiating features of Invasion.

The fundamental reason players are dissatisfied with the Observatory Flashpoint sites in Pochven is that they allow ninja play with very little risk, while being impossible to deal with. The current solution is a convenient solution for both CCPs and running players, but it is by no means a good solution.

2 Likes

If the CCP hears all the improvements in Pochven, I would like to make additional suggestions.

Please diversify the design of the Pochven and EDENCOM Combat sites. A whopping nine sites share the same design used for the Minor Conduit. They have different concepts and difficulty levels. Sites that we believe may need a design change include:

• EDENCOM Forward Post
  • EDENCOM Staging Area
  • EDENCOM Field Base
  • Incipient Drone Swarm
  • Convocation Watchpost
  • EDENCOM Scout Fleet
  • Torpid Sleeper Hive
  • Metaliminal Conduit
  • Emerging Conduit?

The visual effect clearly affects the ‘fun’ of gameplay, and it is a part that has a strong influence on the completeness of the game. Major updates bring a lot of expectations to players, but we see the little details and feel the content is well-made, memorable, and rewarding.

1 Like

Remove edencom from gates in highsec

Which is why the gate need to be standings locked again. Opening the gates was the single most decision about the region. It is what drove the payout leaching into overdrive (FREE ISK BABY!) and turned every structure into a “press here for maxform ragepings” button. Really did terrible things for the region. While these changes do go a long way towards fixing day 1 bugs, the region does not begin to actually grow again until the gates get locked or some other consequential standings system is put in place.

2 Likes

Note that 50% of that list doesnt even spawn in pochven and only two of those sites spawn in home systems.

1 Like

Remove Trigs and EC from lowsec. Almost every fleet in Black Rise we lose one newbie player to the guns, which is super frustrating for all parties.

1 Like

Your proposed “solution” to OBS does nothing to stop the toxic payout leaching. If you actually ran the content, you would know.

Oh i don’t disagree about the gate changes being bad overall, it lead to increased population but its not the population that will stay, at this point Pochven has just become a transit hub with no real reason to live here due to its uniqueness being eroded everytime they “buff” the region

1 Like

oops, i mean pochven and invasion sites. was confused because it was the same design

So people have to defend their sites to make isk, and cant expect things to be free, but its ok to steal a potentially 250+ payout with a 4m ship while being afk?

Havent seen Kathy in pochven a second of her life besides as a part of a goon fleet, but she’s not wrong. Stating people should defend their isk farms with pvp fleets and stating its silly they expect ■■■■ to be free, when they are actually the ones risking isk, as opposed to you (clearly a slider) who risks a frigate to potentially steal up to 250m, is hillarious hypocritical.

Before sliders, there were battleship pvp fights over the sites. The sliders arrival virtually killed that content. Their removal might see its return. Pretty sure people would rather visit pochven to hunt leshaks then to look at your friends 15 atrons 5000 km away afk on gates.

You oppose this because your easy isk faucet is gone, not because it would lead to less content. Theres only a hand full of sliders who care about creating emergent game play, and they stopped sliding ages ago. Rest of you are just creating zero effort alts to leech of the efforts of actually competent people.

2 Likes

Being prepared and planning ahead is literally EVE in a nutshell

Oh right you missed the part where i pointed out i don’t actually run these sites at all, you might want to though :slight_smile:

Again the incorrect assumption i actually interact with these sites, i mean i get why you might think i have some vested interest in it, but in this case the amount of ISK changing hands has nothing to do with me, i just live in the region and would rather not see it become blobbed by the blue donuts

Is the promised combat anomalies being included?

Has the instant lock/death drifter bug been fixed?

Has standings been fixed to include station isk/tax reduction?

Could go on where other issues/bugs that haven’t been addressed since T-Space started.