Upcoming Changes to Pochven

Seagulls never gave pvp, as fleets doing sites could never reach them before site is complete, your comments sound like someone doing seagulling and not wanting to loose this exploit.

The opposite is true. I agree with you completely.

Here’s a few suggestions.

Undo gate standing changes. And add hacking game for Edencom players with edencom standings equal to Triglavian standings to use gate to remove gate standing locks for 1/2hour.
As for those without standing Rote Kapelle and other PVP groups have proved it’s not hard to hunt in T-Space without standing while gaining standing to get free access gates.
As it is the filaments allows anyone access to T-Space systems and its no hidden secret how to find wormholes in to T-Space. All the gates did was cater for the lazy PVP and Seagulls who couldn’t be bothered doing actual game play and planning to get in.

Burn all player citadels and POS. Add corp standing based structure anchoring;
Standings required to anchor structures most match the systems standing.
Thus internal T-Space systems require a unmodified corp standing of +3.00
Home systems requiring an +7.00 corp standing.
And if Standings drops below one level below the required anchoring standing Triglavian rat engage structures.
This gives a reason to have Standings and maintaining it.

2 Likes

I have run a lot of the Observatories and I am well aware, thank you very much :slight_smile:

Running Observatories means you can also have to deal with disruption from other players. In highsec this means the stealing of loot or blitzing of the site by another group of players and making the isk reward horrible for everyone in the site. Leeching on isk pay-outs is part of the Triglavian content.
The situation in Pochven is the same, with the addition of PVP combat.
The current leeching options within Pochven are bad. Forcing players that want to leech to be inside the arena of the site and remain inside it is a good solution. The arena of the site is big enough to allow for some manouvering but players that want to leech will be at risk of losing their ships. Adding in the condition that they have to attack the NPC means that you will no longer be able to be leeching the Observatories without risk.

1 Like

This gives only reason to have holding corps with one char.

2 Likes

True. But it’s a starting point to work from. Better than nothing.

Last I checked you stopped flying in Pochven due to excessive losses. If that has changed please advise.

And again, your description of the gameplay inside Pochven OBS betrays that you don’t actually run the content in Pochven. Your highsec experience is irrelevant here.

Yes, I ran public fleets into Pochven so people could see what Pochven has to offer. During these fleets I explained how things worked with regard to mechanics and I helped people gain standings while doing so. Organising and running these fleets was no longer feasible as it got targeted by bigger fleets with ships and fits that were designed specificly to counter the organised public fleets. I don’t see how any of this is relevant to this discussion.

I am experienced with the OBS and I know the mechanics behind it. I see a solution that adresses abusive/exploitive options for a certain playstyle, without destroying that playstyle.

If people want to leech but they have to meet the current criteria to be eligable and also stay within the arena of the site and they have to attack the NPC inside it, there no longer is a risk free way of leeching. If needed, change the AI of the NPC inside the site to make sure that anyone who enters it will get attacked.

So to recap, you don’t fly in Pochven, and your ingenious proposed solution to the broken site mechanics are the same broken site mechanics that have been exploited for a full year leading to this patch.

Please tell us full-time Pochven residents more about how to live in our space.

1 Like

Attack an NPC and stay within the second room of the site, was the initial version of “seagulling”, the grid is multiple 1000s of km wide and deadspace meaning there is no warping within that grid, while it is technically true that this is higher risk than remote repairing a jetcan in the first room, there is still virtually no risk, you’re arguing to leave seagulling as it is. No dice. It’s good that this exploit has been put to rest.

If you want the payout, get in a fleet and do the most damage.
Otherwise you can pick up the scraps that are left over by those that can actually run the site.

2 Likes

Ch 2-3 Invasion’s OBS had to deal ‘direct’ damage to the Stellar Observatory or support logistic to count, but Pochven’s OBS doesn’t. ‘Indirect attacks’ such as tags and NPC attacks on the beacon grid are included in the count.

Since this is a mechanism that occurred gradually and did not appear immediately after Pochven was created, we cannot be sure that it is not a bug, but it is true that the current OBS has a different detailed mechanism compared to the previous one. And it’s also true that these minor mechanics piled up and piled up to create ninja play that is currently impossible to deal with.

1 Like

remove the possibility of gaining positive Edencom and Triglavian standing at the same time

no, we people living outside of pochven who weren’t even online during the invasions are having enough trouble with shitloads of gaterats in nullsec when we try to pvp in small gangs. Trig guns on gates are even worse in lowsec and don’t get me started on random ganks in highsec. With having both on +0.01 i can at least avoid that nonsense.

Check my second post about this. You can keep your slight positive standing to both sides. But you should not be able to get more than +1.0 to both sides.

By removing the deterrent for bigger corps, a method to redistribute payouts and reward in a form of seagulling, you will only make the matters worse, because the gigafleets (fraternity), will be on standing removing the locals, they will make a ISK printing fleets running the content 24/7, and you will see rich get richer. Something have to be put in place to make it unfeasible, because PLAYERS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED TO MAKE WORK FOR YOU in a form of PvP. You need to make the sites spawn less often, making it a random event.

The PvP with element of PvP is mechanic that is truly inherently flawed. It will be PvE all the way, with maybe only a bit of PvP in beginning, the strength measuring, to establish supremacy. ISK inflow will therefore be out of control for you if you dont regulate spawning.

1 Like

Two words: holding corps.

EDIT: late to the party I see. Still not wrong.

1 Like

Being above zero to Edencom has no benefit anyway, so this would in practice change nothing?

It has. You don’t get shot up by NPC fleets and Gunstars in MV and Fortresses. That’s virtually the only negative consequence Trig shits have to suffer from in High and Low sec. Thanks to Jark, Sasta and Bei, and to a lesser extend Barira, it would cause them at least a tiny bit of inconvenience. It would not be much but it would at the very least be something in terms of consequences for being deep in love with the invaders.

That higher than +0.02 to Edencom has no other benefits is another story. It is quite exhilarating how much these Trig lovers cry for more rewards and get heard mere weeks after their sobbing started, while Edencom has been ignored pretty much since the end of the Invasion phase. :clown_face:

2 Likes

Zero to Edencom is enough for that; they only engage negative standings. Above zero in addition does not make it any different. That’s my point: if you can get to +1 for both you can get the exact same effects you can get now, so it changes nothing if you limit it that way (strict either-or would change things).

True, but how many holding corps would have +3.00 Triglavian standings let’s alone +7.00 for home systems.

Most with those lvl standings are active players not holding corp alts.

1 Like