Upcoming Changes to Pochven

Everyone who wanted a structure in Pochven would grind one alt to standings and have a one-man holding corp for the structure. Maybe not initially, but eventually that would absolutely happen and make the requirement meaningless. As that alt needs to never do anything but put the structure up, they could do it the fast way too, and not even aim at dual positive.

You need higher standings than +1 to access most of the services in Poochven stations and for the Home system gates. IOf you commit to these standings, you should not be allowed to have equally high Edencom standings, regardless of how much you farm Drifters or Rogue Drones.

This suggestion is (sadly) not aiming at harming people who don’t want anything to do with this crap content (even though CCP boldly stated that everyone would have to make a choice). It only aims at those people who are diehard fans of trigs.

As for structures: Did CCP remove the ban on structures in Poochven? :thinking: If they did… LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. They did not learn a thing from the FW structure mess.

Always make it alliance instead of corp or. make it a require that Triglavian system citadel anchoring requires 3 corp members.

The rule of three! :wink:

And maybe add to LP store an none transferable sovereign token to start anchoring based on player’s corp standing and LP cost. One token for each clade region to be used and only available for clade region LP stores.

I totally agree dual standings is possibly the stupidest idea in the whole Invasions/Pochven content arc (and that’s quite a lot said, considering how much stupid there is on the field).

My point though is that +1 Edencom and +7 Triglavians give you the exact same benefits as +7 and +7 to both, so it does not in practice change anything to limit it that way. It does not harm any trig in any way to have their Edencom standing fall from +whatever to +1, because Edencom standings don’t do anything once they are above zero.

So limiting it to max +1 to one if you are higher than that to the other does nothing to remove the dual-positive nonsense.

No, that was just a suggestion and wish by some players and Rise vaguely saying they have been talking about the structure situation.

1 Like

No, you cannot have that. If you have more than +1.0 to trigs, you cannot have more than -1.0 to Edencom. That’s the entire point of my suggestion. Otherwise it would indeed be completely stupid and pointless. See here:

And most importantly: No grandfathering of existing standings! If you have higher than +1.0 to either side, you have to choose which you side’s standing you want to keep. The other falls to -1.0.

There’s nothing wrong with dual standings. But it shouldn’t be easy to do.

As it’s possible to have quad standings with the four primary factions, even minor npc conflicts could knock standings.

Maybe make it that some of the other NPC RAT’s also have faction adjustments. Build it into the lore.

It requires immense work, endurance and standing management skills to juggle the standings of K-space empires to have not terrible standings to 2 sides of a war that has been raging for millennia. Not to mention getting all 4 empires to like you with positive standing at the same time.

Dual standings as they are possible between the 2 active war parties of Edencom and Trigs, who keep fighting eachother every day, is ludicrous. If you committed to one side and gained their complete trust (demonstrated by having +7.0 standing, for instance), you cannot under no circumstances expect the opposing party to love you equally. Not even double agents in the real world have that luxury. It’s simply outlandish, a massive gameplay experience fail.

Ah, I misread the suggestion. My bad.

The price of dual standing is quite high, you can‘t do flashpoints frequently. You have to decide ISK or not being bothered by NPCs, which is a fair point.

I like it that there is a way to (mostly) opt out of dealing with the negative aspects of NPCs rats for people who are PvP focused like myself.

1 Like

And under my suggestion you can keep opting out. But you cannot have the cake (high trig standings) and eat it, too. (high Edencom standings at the same time and remain unbothered by both sides). If you commit to a side, there should be consequences.

1 Like

I have to disagree referring to commitment with harsh penalties in a long term game like EvE. Forcing people to commit will just create frustration and the requirement to create alts if you want to play all parts of the sandbox.

I’m fine with committing to get certain higher benefits, but the design must avoid that committing means being excluded from parts of the game with a single character. Also any decision must be reversible with feasible effort, in case you get bored after a year or two and want to try something else.

The bad example in EvE is Faction Warfare, committing means 1) leaving your corp 2) losing access to half of highsec with only a one time super grindy option to return to start. The consequence? People don’t commit, but enlist alts.

The other bad example of course: Edencom-side players.

1 Like

You are not excluded from going anywhere. All you have to do is pay more attention what you do if you have high trig standings. This is no different from today if you have -10 to any empire faction due to running pirate faction missions that wreck your empire standings.

The decisions are reversible. All you have to do is shoot trigs if you want positive Edencom standing. And vice versa. It’s much easier to reverse your standings with those 2 factions anyway.

No, it’s different. I can’t haul a freighter through either EC or Trig systems. I can’t take PvP fights on gates in EC or trig systems. It doesn’t matter which side I choose. Running pirate faction missions is totally optional, deciding Trig/EC is not in your proposal, if I understand that correctly.

You cannot haul a freighter through empire space if you are -10 to them either. It is not different at all. You cannot fight on gates in empire space if you are -10 to the factions either. In low sec it adds more consequences to your actions if you just willy-nilly decided to blast some NPCs because oyu thought that they couldn’t harm you there.

Actions have consequences. That is what EVE always boasts about. It is actually hilarious how much consequences were removed from this particular portion of the game for certain people just because it could be “inconvenient”. It’s a disgrace. Yes, Reitsato is a massive pain in the back. But maybe CalMil should have fought more to keep the system under empire control instead of claiming “we don’t do PVE” and then start crying when things go sour.

It is to a point, as stated clearly. If you gain too much standing with either faction, you are not undecided anymore or not just a bystander. You have picked your side and now you live with the consequences. That’s the same as running missions these days. And if you don’t like it anymore, you work on fixing your mindless mistakes of the past. It’s very simple and straightforward.

I’m in favor of a rewards system that while not completely equal in terms of ISK vs Reward one that gives some tangible reward to both Trigs and Edencoms for participation in the content both in minor victory systems and pochven - this could be achieved any number of ways by changing the reward system to not entirely be ISK based but have maybe a better loot/drop system for the attacker and a better ISK reward system for the defender - this is just an example - make of it what you will - you could use this same logic to apply other asymmetrical types of reward systems that while not equal in quantity are equal in quality/time for value spent.

Not that hard really, without gate restrictions you can just zip around with a jackdaw and farm standings until the cows come home lol

2 Likes

here’s a thought - allow for double standings but make the rewards less and remove perks for not committing to a side.

The ‘how’ should be somewhat tied to the lore for the given faction.

What perks, other than station services there aren’t any and you circumvent those by taking 1 jump to high sec or by bringing a mobile depot

1 Like

I think the idea he proposed (that I also got wrong first) is you can be positive to both but only to about +1 (no consequences but no real benefits either), but if you go higher (and start to get the upper tier trig benefits like station services and home system gates) then you’d fall to -1 to the other. So you could choose between opting out completely (no consequences but no benefits either), or getting some benefits and some downsides. That sounds entirely fair to me? (Apart from the part where there aren’t benefits for Edencom, etc, so forth, you know the drill.)

1 Like