Upcoming Changes to Pochven

Imagine urging CCP to not change a mechanic where you can run 30mil ships to either steal or completly dumpster payout from people who do a lot to get that while you are avoiding all pvp. Get f***. Fight over the sites or get nothing.

3 Likes

I unsubbed my 4 a little bit ago, still like to keep an eye on things tho.
Imo Pochven is supposed to be space hell.
To me seems like y’all had a great idea of making it the most difficult environment ever and it woulda only every been habitable by small gangs of very dedicated people.
now it’s gettin’ watered down and made easier and easier.
If I were you I’d go back to makin’ peoples lives more miserable in Poch instead.
More chaos not less.
And quit feeding them answers, make 'em work for it again.

2 Likes

Just read the economic outlook, and I want to address one point. How does the rat redistribution bring back value to standing?

I mean, it requires one dead tiny drone to die for being free from being bothered by Trig and EC Rats ever again.

If you would make rats aggress <3 standing… then you would bring meaning back. But this change just makes Pochven even more accessible to outsiders.

2 Likes

Here’s something that would encourage standing grid for higher levels. It’s known that once you get above +4.00 the standings grid gets harder and the chance of dual standings being maintained above +4.00 requires more work than single standing gain.

Suggestions based on what was talked about with a group of players other day that ship based enhancements be limited to three, similar to the npc faction standings rewards for passing 6+, 8+ and 9+. and based on unmodified standings.

But limiting it to three meant we could have three different role bonuses added if player standings are high enough.

Eg.
Edencom ship;

First bonus -5% to explosion radius, +5% to explosion velocity, +10% shield resistance bonus.

Second bonus +10% optimal range bonus, +10% to range and scan. , and +10% ROF.

Third and final bonus. New turret mode; maximum 5 bounce on turret shot(reduced from 10), +100% damage.

Triglavian ship;

First bonus +10% cycle damage increase (increased from +5%, other modifiers still effect) +5% tracking bonus (unmodified/no stacking penalty ) and +10% armour resistance bonus.

Second bonus +10% optimal range bonus, +10% to range and scan. , and -25% cap of disintegrator activation cost.

Third and final bonus. Max damage modifier increased to +300% (from +150%) and can bounce to one other random target with in 5km of primary at half damage for every turret cycle.

The idea of the +300% max damage mod and the 5km bounce is your crew are so well trained with Triglavian tech they have increased the maximum power output of the disintegrator and due to this increased power it has the side effect of arcing to any nearby item causing damage that has leeched off the primary target.

Ideally I would love it to hit any target directly behind the primary target that is in direct line from your ship through primary target, similar effect to what Babylon 5 did with their lasers and disintegrators that cut through enemy ships and hit ships that happened to behind it.

The Edencom third bonus is similar where the crew has been able to increase the output at the cost of reducing the number of chain targets.

The way Pochven turned out means that at worst, people will have to fly 13 jumps before they can start running the next one. Combined with blitzing the sites, on average one can certainly run 5 sites every 2 hours. That is still going to be more consistent isk per hour compared to any other part of EVE. And that’s direct isk, not items or loot that needs to be moved and sold.

Each site has a peak payout with 15 people in fleet. But you’ll also need to prevent another group from taking it. With the ability to run at least 5 sites every 2 hours, bring in an additional 30 people for guard duty and you can rotate those 45 people around between running a site and make isk or protecting those that run the site. With 45 people, each member will still have a superb isk income.
Add in 3 sites and that’s already 125 people that can make a lot of isk per hour, nearly 24/7. Throw in a schedule with what corp/group/timezone can run at what day and time, and you’re allready looking at a few hundred players that can have this isk income.

All these options rely strongly on numbers, making it an N+1 situation and we all know what will happen if it’s a numbers game and the smaller group(s) can’t interfere or touch the bigger group(s).

That’s why it’s important that there are options for the few to have an affect by overcomming the corresponding risks and outmanouvering the other group of players.
It’s something that is integrated throughout the entire Triglavian Invasions. Leeching conduits, stealing in Observatories and World Arks and O-Logi, to name some examples.
Everyone agrees that the seagulling is bad and has to be adressed. But to make it work as Incursions is not the right solution.

2 Likes

Yes they should and there are three reasons why

1. ignorant statements allow for reasoned responses to be put on record
  2. the perspective may be so out of the box that it provokes a paradigm shift
  3. elitism gets ugly when you become incapable of “drawing the line” on it.

If you can get that many people to patiently wait their turn, go right ahead. That’s still a small group, and near what I would expect is the maximum number possible before other income sources earn greater rewards.
Medium and large groups in Eve have thousands of players, this is not a viable income source for those groups. They are far better off running null anoms or abyssals, or even missions, things that do scale for thousands of people. As I said before, it’s lucrative for small groups but it’s no infinite isk faucet.

As far as small groups being able to “interfere”:
Stealing the token still works.
O-logi would be possible,but to say “work” might be pushing it, extremely unwise without Concord protection. That was only viable in high-sec.
I don’t know what “leeching conduits” means, but there’s usually salvage left over.

Hello friends, enemies and neutrals.

I am confident in saying myself and my little group of CONTENT POSITIVE sliders hold the most knowledge in the game around the mechanics of flashpoints. We have been in discussions with CCP about how to address zero risk sliding whilst still keeping the mechanic alive pretty much since the inception. The reason being ,unopposed flashpoint running is bar far and away the best isk printer in the game to a stupid degree.

You guys claiming heavy armor brawls were happening over flashpoints are spouting nonsense bar the 3 or 4 times rote pushed stri off a site. Lussy and other day trippers may make the occasional trip in for a gigadunk but they aint the brawls your after trust me.

It is almost impossible to dunk a (GOOD) group running this content simply with how the deadspace grid works and how you can filly any krab fleet to safety. Not to mention the 50km burn in to site.

Without seagulling of any type a block will have the content on hard farm, unopposed 100%. And yet again Pochven turns into a krab paradise. The Krab isn’t interested in pew, they want to print isk.

To give you an idea of how these changes are already converting to live Goons krabswarm ran 9 flashpoints in around 1.5hours yesterday . THIS IS 31 billion isk liquid… If you cannot see how this could become extremely unhealthy for the ecosystem I am at a loss for words. Sliders/seaguls were a natural deterrent to this as well as providing small gang non N+ entities a chance to compete with the blocks. Did i mention this was in a doctrine that has paid for itself twice over on the first site?

If you think sliding is/was broken wait til you see the memes comming out of Pochven 2.0 - This fix if released on its own is going to be the monkeypaw to end all monkeypaws.

For the gentlemen in the thread talking through your arse about your understanding of the ecosystem and pochven in general (HI DRAGO) I have yet to be wrong with any predictions I have made about the space since last year (Including Mal stepping down and Sahara taking the reigns) I also unlike yourselves have lived and breathed the region since day one of the flip. PvPing every single day by the way.

The original version of krabsliding was always about positive content interactions between the smallest entities in the region and the largest, there were BIG krabgroups that worked with us symbiotically rather than parasitically and we converted the isk made into content for the region.

Sliding did not become cancerous until ex salty krabs made it so, there has always been counter play just look at VOLTA for a understanding on how to protect a deadspace grid.

Essentially my friends you are dreaming if this change allows anyone but the N+ groups to get involved.

Also you paid less tax to me than you do to krabswarm non ironically :slight_smile:

Pochven is the most delicate eco system in the game and even with the cancer sliding of the last month smart agile groups have made it work. I would hate to see it become another null region.

To all the guys who we have worked with over the last few months to happily shoot at each other when were not purple i salute you :slight_smile: It has been filled with content and profit.

LONG LIVE THE SLIDERS
LONG LIVE POCHVEN

The Pied Piper Of Pochven.

ß

4 Likes

That was a wonderfully styled fluff piece. Did you write that yourself?
Would have liked if it had tackled any of the devils that have been raised.

Which devils did in not cover? I thought it did a good job of covering the concerns regarding the changes no?

Provided examples from within the last 48hours from live with counter points to the arguments presented earlier in the thread. Did I miss something ?

Not exactly. Unless I misunderstood; you addressed the credibility of a proponent rather than the limitation proposed,

I get it though, interested parties have their private lobbies direct to CCP
and don’t really want sunlight on the subject.

Thought I addressed both to be honest my bad.

Is there something I could clear up for you?

Hmm? No, not really, I’ve already lost interest.

In the update devblog, this is explained to be

benefits beginning to be added back towards Pochven residents by shifting NPC behaviour

However, because of how dual standings work, any rando who has never been loyal to anyone or never set a foot to Pochven before can shoot one drone and be positive to triglavians and edencom without any downsides in 15 minutes, and get the Trigs to not attack them. Not everyone knows how to do that, so random roamers might get blown up, but any dedicated eviction force or someone who wants a piece of the serious isk in the region can and will completely ignore trigs on gates with minimal work.

The only people who cannot easily do that are those who are deep negative to protriglavians.

So Triglavian gate camps are not really a Pochven resident benefit, they are a way to keep out pro-Edencom players specifically.

4 Likes

Aww your pet exploit is going away, so sad.

1 Like

You have multiple well respected people from all sorts of play styles agreeing that sliding in some form is/was a very trigvalian mechanic that has been in the game since Invasion content.

We are not sad friend, change just requires adaptation something i feel we do VERY well. Unlike yourself.

Again I am confident in my predictions regarding the region and mark my words, once change goes live we are likley to see a 10T MER in august with the spoils going to 1/2 groups of N+ that aren’t even local to the region to give and take content from.

Ask your leader what she thinks of me personally and the OG sliders, you might find some illuminating answers. As a fun experiment could you please let me know how much you manage to krab as a Stri pilot in the next few weeks :).

If you ever want to shot things in Pochven that shoot back just let me know o7

Hugs and kisses
ß

1 Like

The NPC changes do not seem to be functional on the live server. Still plenty of sleeper/drone/edencom gatecamps. Very little trig presence. Honestly hard pressed to say that anything about NPC behavior has changed.

NPC were killing each other.
i looted salvaged them.
it does not happen any more.

i am not coming pochven no more

I don’t disagree with you in principle but the rewards/risk for ‘choosing’ a side should be more substantial depending on which side you chose. There are several possible iterations where reward for picking a side can be more substantial - the benefits of dual standing are in the current form working as intended. It still would be nice to reward those players a bit more for choosing a side.

Just a heads up CCP Paradox, this did not infact occur and there are still roaming fleets on gates. One of the primary reasons the vast majority of New Eden chooses not to roam Pochven is due to the fact that unless they are in a cloaked ship or in a sizable fleet, they can not pass NPC gate-camps. It’s also difficult to encourage others to grind for a particular faction’s standing when you post updates like this that never actually make it to Tranquility.

1 Like